Chapter 3 - 3:33 AM

1st of May, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44

Angela: "Mommy? Mommy!"

I blinked, looking at Rose who extended her small hand to me.

We were sitting at breakfast, all of us nervous for the day ahead.

It had finally come. The end to our custody battle with Debbie.

"Sorry, baby. Mommy was distracted for a minute. What's wrong?"

"More." she held out her plate.

I smiled at her. She was still my hungry little girl.

I put more food in her plate, including some more vegetables. Of course she made a face.

"Mom, we're done." Paris announced.

"Good. Go ahead and get dressed. I put out clothes for you on your beds." I smiled at her.

Both her and Prince nodded before running upstairs.

"You should go get ready, too, honey. I'll take care of everything here." Katherine said.

"Thank you."

I stood up and waddled my way to my bedroom.

As I showered, I washed the previous couple of days away. They were a complete blur.

All I did was stay in bed because that awful feeling I had didn't go away until I woke up this morning.

Once I was done, I picked a nice dress that reached my ankles, then put on a pair of short heels. Lastly, I did my makeup and hair.

When I came back downstairs my mom was fixing Prince's tie.

"All ready to go?" Javon asked.

"Yeah." I sighed, hoping everything would go as planned.

~

With one hand on the small of my back and the other pushing cameramen away, Javon led me through the sea of people. Three other bodyguards were on either side of me.

"Angela! How is Michael doing?!"

"Is he alive?"

"Is it true that you married him for the money?"

I mentally groaned at their stupid questions and wanted everything to be over.

Michael knew how to handle crowds like these while I always felt like I was drowning.

"Are the kids okay?" I asked Javon.

"Yeah, they're already inside." he answered.

We took another step towards the courthouse, and I suddenly felt someone grabbing my arm tightly, their nails hurting my skin.

The bodyguard to my left hurried to get them off me but it was too late. I already started bleeding.

"Shit." I cursed.

Javon opened the main doors and led me inside.

"Get me a first aid kit." he ordered to one of the bodyguards as he sat me down on the nearest bench.

He inspected my wound and sighed deeply. "No one is doing their job anymore. And to think after everything Mr. Jackson had done for them they would at least have the decency to protect his wife and unborn child."

"Javon, it's okay. I'm fine." I assured him.

"No, it's not okay," he said. "A lot of the staff are talking about resigning once your baby is born. They claim they can't stay if Mr. Jackson isn't around anymore. So they're being lazy and are lacking on purpose. That man is getting fired today."