At the Kim Residence

Kim taehyung's POV

Having just returned from a taxing day at the office, the house seemed unusually silent—Appa was nowhere to be seen, and he hadn't mentioned any plans of going out. Namjoon, too, was away, busy with a scheduled shoot for a music video he was featuring in. The quietness felt more pronounced, leaving me feeling a bit isolated.

Resolved to distract myself, I decided to catch up on the world's happenings by turning on the TV. As a CEO, it’s all too easy to get caught up in your own bubble, hardly knowing what’s going on outside. I sometimes joke that people might think of me as disconnected or aloof for not keeping up with current events.

As I settled in to watch the national news, a familiar location flashed across the screen—it was the outskirts of Seoul. They were reporting a crime, the brutal killing of a high school boy. The officer handling the case gave a brief statement, looking remarkably young and fresh-faced for someone in his position. I wondered briefly about the significance of such a case that it had made national news.

The sound of a car pulling up broke my train of thought. I turned just as the door swung open, revealing Appa with a strangely jubilant expression plastered across his face.

"Annyeong, Appa," I greeted him, matching his smile.

"Annyeong, Tae. Where's Joon?" Appa asked, stepping closer, his eyes scanning the room.

"He's got a music video shoot today. Did you need him for something important?" I inquired, noting the slight disappointment on his face.

"Yes, Tae, it was about a crucial family matter. But since he’s not here..." Appa’s voice trailed off.

"What’s the matter, Appa? He should be back by 11 PM. We can wait," I suggested, trying to reassure him.

"No, let me just tell you. It seems he’s not fortunate enough to hear your reaction to the news of your wedding," Appa declared, his smile broadening.

I froze. "My wedding, Appa?" I stammered, confusion swirling within me.

"Your wedding, Tae. Were you expecting someone else's?" He joked lightly, but his casual tone did little to soothe my sudden anxiety.

"But Appa, Namjoon hyung is older than me; shouldn't he be the one getting married first?" I pressed, my voice tinged with a hopeful pout.

"You know his contract won’t allow it, and the girl chosen for you... she suits you better. I always choose the best for you," he responded, his face serious yet filled with concern.

"I know, Appa, but—"

"No buts, Tae," he interrupted firmly. "I've spoken to her father, and he’s thrilled with the proposal. Who would say no to my precious son?"

Defeated, I asked, "Okay, Appa. Who is she?"

He pulled out his phone, swiped through it, and handed it to me, showing a picture of a girl. My heart skipped as I recognized her. "She’s Choi Y/N, CEO of Choi Enterprises."

"I know her, Appa," I admitted, recalling the times I'd seen her before.

"I saw you looking at her at that party," Appa teased, a knowing smirk playing on his lips. The room suddenly felt warmer, and I desperately needed to escape.

"Okay, Appa. I... I have some important work pending. I really need to finish it," I mumbled, already backing away.

"Don't be too shy, Tae," he called out teasingly after me.

"No, really, Appa. I have to get this done," I insisted, feeling the urge to flee growing stronger as I quickly made my exit.

Author's POV:

The grandeur of the building belied the sinister secrets it harbored within. From the outside, it stood as a beacon of elegance, but within its walls lurked the shadows of unspeakable horrors.

As the clock neared midnight, the nocturnal symphony of hooting owls set the stage for a scene of darkness and dread. From the depths of the basement emerged two figures, clad in black, dragging a trembling captive between them. Bound and helpless, she was thrust into a chair, the harsh glare of a spotlight illuminating her fear-stricken face.

A cruel splash of water snapped her into the stark reality of her captivity, her senses assaulted by the unfamiliar surroundings. Panic seized her as she struggled against her restraints, her desperate pleas for answers drowned out by the sinister chuckle of her captors.

"You bastards! What the hell is this? Why am I tied up?" Her voice reverberated through the room, but her words were met only with chilling silence.

Stepping forward, one of the men demanded an explanation, his voice dripping with menace. But before she could respond, a gunshot rang out, ripping through her flesh and silencing her protests in a haze of agony.

As pain coursed through her, she fought to maintain her defiance, each subsequent shot a brutal assault on her resolve. But amidst the torment, she found herself confronted by four looming figures, their presence a surreal twist in her nightmare.

With trembling defiance, she met the gaze of her final tormentor, his face contorted with anguish and betrayal. Through gritted teeth, she spat out her confession, each word a bitter reminder of the darkness that consumed her.

In the aftermath, as he crumpled to the ground, consumed by grief and rage, she met his gaze one final time, her defiance unyielding even in the face of death.

As they departed from the basement, leaving behind only a chilling message scrawled upon the wall, the echoes of her final words lingered in the air, a haunting reminder of the pain that drove her to such depths of despair.