59

Y/N pov

I walked into the hospital room, greeted by the sight of Yoongi oppa and appa engaged in conversation. Their voices lowered as they noticed us, their expressions serious yet comforting. Taehyung lay asleep, his face peaceful amidst the turmoil that surrounded us.

Yoongi oppa and appa assured us that they would stay with Taehyung for the night, their words a balm to our weary souls. Jin and I exchanged grateful nods, silently acknowledging their offer of support.

Leaving the hospital behind, Jin and I drove home in silence, the events of the day weighing heavily on our minds. As we entered the familiar surroundings of our home, I felt a sense of relief wash over me, grateful for the brief respite from the chaos of the hospital.

Hurrying to my room, I sought refuge in the familiarity of my own space. The shower offered a moment of solitude, the warm water soothing my tired muscles and clearing my mind. Changing into comfortable clothes, I made my way downstairs to check on the others.

Namjoon oppa was sprawled out on the couch, fast asleep, with Yun curled up beside him. Hoseok oppa's voice drifted from the bedroom, his soothing tones lulling Mina to sleep with a bedtime story.

In the kitchen, I searched for something to eat, settling on a few instant ramen bowls. As I prepared a meal for myself, I couldn't shake the feeling of restlessness that gnawed at me, refusing to be ignored.

Sitting at the kitchen counter, I ate in silence, my thoughts consumed by worry for Taehyung and the others. Despite my exhaustion, sleep eluded me, my mind racing with unanswered questions and fears for the future.

Seeking solace in the quiet of the night, I stepped into the garden, the cool air a welcome relief from the stifling heat of the day. Sitting on the bench beneath the starry sky, I let out a heavy sigh, the weight of the world pressing down on me.

Just as I began to lose myself in the tranquility of the night, my phone rang, breaking the silence with its shrill tone. I answered, greeted by the familiar voice of my friend Jun.

I suddenly got a call from my friend Jun, and as I picked up, his voice greeted me warmly, "Hello."

"Hey Jun, how are you?" I inquired, curious about his well-being.

"I'm good, Y/N. How's Taehyung? Can I come over now? I'm free and can take care of him today," Jun asked eagerly.

"I'm at home, Jun. You don't need to worry; appa and Yoongi oppa are at the hospital, looking after Taehyung," I reassured him.

"Oh, I see. Well, I'll visit him in the morning then," Jun replied, his tone understanding.

"You don't have to, Jun. You both already visited him, remember?" I reminded him gently.

"Y/N, whether I should visit him or not, you need not tell me. I'll swing by in the morning, that's for sure," Jun insisted, his determination evident in his voice.

"Alright then, see you in the morning. Make sure to grab some food and get some rest," I advised him with a smile.

With exchanged good nights, we bid farewell and ended the call, knowing that Jun's caring nature would lead him to Taehyung's side without fail in the morning.

I was just about to head out when I heard her voice—Minji, my sister-in-law, popping up out of nowhere as usual. Her puppy eyes, a trademark of their family, met mine as she greeted me. "Hi," she said softly, her gaze fixed on the ground.

"So, you didn't come here to talk to me. I've been waiting for you to start the conversation," she remarked, a hint of playfulness in her tone.

Grinning, I retorted, "Well, I was waiting for you to speak up, but it seems you took your sweet time."