47

Taehyung POV:

The car ride back home felt like a journey through a desolate landscape. The silence inside Jimin's car was thick, suffocating, and the weight of Y/N's unspoken words hung heavily in the air. I stole glances at her from the rearview mirror, but she stared out the window, her expression unreadable.

Jimin navigated through the streets with a tense focus, occasionally glancing at me, his concern evident. I couldn't shake off the worry that gnawed at me. Y/N's detachment was palpable, a stark contrast to the usual warmth that filled our shared spaces.

"Y/N," I ventured, breaking the silence. Her name hung in the air, unanswered. I turned my attention back to the passing cityscape, my mind wrestling with the events that had just transpired.The police's abrupt departure left a lingering unease. As we approached our home, I couldn't help but wonder how deeply this ordeal had affected Y/N.

The car pulled into our driveway, and Jimin cut the engine. The quiet hum of the car ceased, leaving only the distant sounds of the night. Y/N made no move to get out, her gaze fixed on the darkness outside.

"Y/N, are you okay?" I asked, my voice tentative. Her silence persisted, echoing louder than any words she could have spoken. I exchanged a glance with Jimin, a silent acknowledgment of our shared concern.

The door creaked open, breaking the silence, and Y/N stepped out. The air outside felt heavy with an unspoken tension. I followed suit, a growing sense of dread settling in the pit of my stomach.

Jimin and the others, my accomplices in the unspeakable crimes, hovered around, anxiety in their eyes. The need for explanation, for validation, was evident, but Y/N's gaze remained fixed on me, her silent plea demanding answers. We sat on the living room lifeless.

"Taehyung, we need to talk," Jimin's voice cut through the charged atmosphere. I glanced at him, a silent acknowledgment that the time for secrets had passed.

Y/N deserved to know the truth, no matter how damning it might be.Y/N's eyes flickered between us, a silent request for honesty. I took a deep breath, the weight of guilt settling heavily on my shoulders. "Y/N, there's something you need to know," I began, my voice unsteady.

"Jimin,  Namjoon hyung, Jin hyung, Hoseok hyung kookie, and I, we... we're responsible for the crimes they accused us of."A heavy silence followed my confession. Y/N's expression morphed from confusion to disbelief, then to a mix of shock and horror. The truth hung in the air, a suffocating reality that shattered the facade of our seemingly ordinary lives.

"Why?" Y/N's voice trembled as she spoke, the pain in her eyes mirroring the betrayal she felt. "How could you all...?"

"Y/N, we had reasons," Namjoon hyung began, his voice strained with the weight of guilt.But Y/N's reaction was visceral.

"Reasons? There's no reason good enough for what you've done." Her gaze flitted between us, seeking answers that none of us could provide. "I need to get out of here," she declared, her voice trembling.Before anyone could react, Y/N left the house without another word.

The door closed softly behind her, leaving an uncomfortable silence in its wake. I exchanged glances with the others, a shared acknowledgment of the irreversible damage we had caused.

Namjoon hyung sighed, his usually composed demeanor crumbling under the weight of our actions. "We never meant for it to come to this," he muttered, more to himself than to anyone else.

Yoongi hyung, finally broke his silence. "She's right. We messed up, big time."

Jungkook, the youngest among us, looked like he was on the verge of tears. "I didn't think it would end like this," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion.