22

Lucas Wong pov

                         My phone rang. I was deep in my sleep as I just went to bed by 1:30 . I picked up my phone and answered the call. My assistant spoke" Sir there was a reported bomb blast in Insodong by 2:38 . The local police found that it was a hideout of a theft gang. The local police there reported that the bomb used isn't familiar. " he said all the information he knew. He is always like that. He isn't analytical but he is very informative.

                                " Is anyone alive?" I asked him." Reportedly there were two alive when they were rescued but one died on the way to the hospital " he elaborated on his report. I checked the time on my clock. It's 3:42 ."  ok, send me the address I would be there by 4'o clock. " I told him. " Ok, sir. I would be there too." He said disconnecting the call.

                              I got down from the bed and changed my clothes. Insodong is not too far from my place. I took my car keys and hurriedly left my house.  I entered my car and passed through Hongdae. This was the place where recently a woman was found dead. 

                              She was in a pool of her blood. And something written on the wall next to her in some code language I guess. I still haven't cracked that code even after two days. But she was alive when a cleaner found her. The only thing that she said before dying was PAYBACK but I'm not quite sure about what she meant by payback.  Is it that she wants to pay back for what happened to her or what happened to her is a payback?

                               These cases nowadays are really disturbing. By my instinct, Many seem to have a connection with each other but I couldn't find a single piece of evidence to prove that they are connected by any means. By the time I reached the spot the only thing I can witness is a house which no more usable.

                        When I got out of the car.  I saw someone approaching me.  It was none other than my assistant. He greeted me and took me inside the place. The sketch was made and the bodies were moved. It was more like a pre-planned murder- professional yet unprofessional the way the blood was all over the place.

                              By the amount of time the murder took I can conclude that there must be at least 4 members. They must be rival gangs or psychos the way they killed the others brutally.  My assistant cleared his throat to gain my attention and took me out of my teaching.

                                 " Sir these were the bombs found in the spot. " he handed me a plastic cover. I looked at it closely.  It doesn't seem like bombs imported from another country nor like a local model.  It's kinda new. " send this to the forensic department and ask them to check thoroughly, " I told to him and went to the local police there.

                              " Do you have any idea who it might be? " I asked them." We suspected some of their rival groups but none of them left the city after the incident so I guess it wasn't them?" he said with a clear instinct. " ok can you investigate their families? We might get a lead " I told them." Ok, sir. After investigation, I would submit a report on your table, sir ."

                             " ok after postmortem handover the bodies to the family and what about the one who you found alive, " I asked them. " "Sir we admitted him in Seoul speciality hospital. He has three bullets in his body so he is in ICU and hasn't gained consciousness yet" he said to me. " ok give me a call after he gained his consciousness " I told them and left the place.

                            First of all, we need to know what kind of bomb it is. If it is found we might get a lead. The people who are doing this are not dumb to leave me a clue but I have to find evidence which they thought I wouldn't find.

                       It's been five months since the murders started. If my instinct is right they are a group of 5 or 6 who think they never would be caught or they are ready to risk it all.

On the other end of seoul

Y/N POV

                        I was in my deep slumber when I got a call. I attended the call without seeing the caller id because I want to sleep more. "Hello" I greeted the caller and I heard a deep raspy but affectionate Hello. It's Taehyung. " where are you?" I asked him. " I'm waiting outside the house, baby. Open the door " he replied.

                    I suddenly jolted from my bed. Why is he like this? BABY me... fuck... he is making me flustered by his words. " I will come " I replied to him and he hummed as a reply. I went downstairs without falling down the stairs. I opened the door for him and he entered the hallway.

                     I switched on the light and turned to see him and the scenery was horrible. He looks like a lifeless man.  He is paler than before, bags under his eyes and he looks tired as hell.

                        I went near him to enquire about him. When I went near him he pulled me by my waist and pecked my lips. "Y/Nahh, I am hungry." He said standing Straight with a pout. " I didn't cook anything for you because you said that you will be late" I replied to him. " I forgot to have dinner and now I'm hungry," he said with a pout.

                       "Okay. I will cook something for you. What do you want to eat?" I asked him. " ramen " he replied. " you look hella tired so go get a refreshing bath I will bring you ramen to our room." I replied to him. He nodded his head and went to the room. I went to prepare him his ramen. After preparing his ramen I served it in a bowl and went to my room.

I knocked on the door but I didn't get any reply so I went inside and saw him sleeping in the sitting position Leaning backwards on the bed. I placed the ramen on the nearby table and tapped him on the shoulder to wake him up.

                       "Taehyung, wake up " I called him and he slowly opened his eyes. He is looking at me like a lost puppy. I chuckled at his action and informed him "You said you are hungry but you fell asleep before eating". He then nodded his head half asleep. " feed me " he said and I was dumbfounded by his words.

                      " feed me Y/N. I'm hungry " he whined like a kid. I think I have no other choice because I can't let him sleep empty stomach So so I took the ramen and started feeding him. He didn't even open his eyes but he is chewing his food. He should rest he looks so tired physically and mentally. I should ask him what's that bothering him.

                              " Taehyung " I called him and he hums while munching his food. " What's happened to you? You look paler. Are you sleeping or not?" I asked him. After all these questions he opened his eyes and answered me. " I have a series of bad dreams every night and after that, I can't sleep because those dreams are that horrible " he replied to me.

                             " did you share What's bothering you with someone? If you want you can share that with me but it will not be a solution for it so you can consult a psychiatrist for it. You can talk about your problems with Yoongi oppa. it will help." I replied to him.

                         " It's not like I don't want to share with you but I don't want to disturb you. I don't want my dreams to haunt you like it haunts me. I will talk with yoongi hyung. Thank you Y/N for taking care of me." He said that and kissed me on my forehead. I flashed an appealing smile.

                   " I will be back. Take rest" I said to him and went to put the dishes in the kitchen. When I came back he is again sleeping in the sitting position. I went near him and tapped his shoulder he haven't responded. 

                            I tapped again before I could know I was on the bed in his hands. He tossed me. I opened my mouth to speak but before that, a raspy voice stopped me. " Y/N ahh switch off the light let's sleep " I couldn't deny him so switch off the lights in my room and went to sleep.