10

No-one's POV

I have been traveling on this ship for more than an hour. Now I have reached a place where I can be lost. I see this place every day, but it never fails to mesmerize me. The chill breeze hits me and takes away my worries with it.

Sailing early in the morning is something that I love—the sun rising like the busy streets of Seoul city. It will take a few minutes to reach the bridge across the Han River. I went out of my cabin, letting the sound of the air be the remedy for my loneliness.

I came near the bridge. It made me halt in my place. I blinked my eyes multiple times to confirm what I was seeing was real. There was a body suspended upside down. I could see he was unconscious or maybe dead. I rushed inside my cabin and called the police helpline.

**Lucas Wang's POV**

I am in a meeting with the higher officials of the department. We are all gathered here to discuss how to control the increased crime in Seoul. I can't believe that the death rate due to murder has inevitably increased compared to that due to accidents.

Our chief superintendent general, Mr. Jung Hoseok, is speaking of a strategy to reduce the murders. He is right; there is no use in arresting mafia members in this issue.

Suddenly, someone came in with news that shocked us all. Mr. Jung looked at me, nodding. I know what to do. I went with the police officer who came in a while ago. He just said that there was a body suspended upside down.

I went to the crime spot. It was suspended from the middle of the bridge. If the rope had been tied around the victim's neck, we would need to investigate whether it was suicide or murder. But the rope was clearly tied to his legs, meaning it was a murder. The body was almost pale, and his bruises were dried; then, it must have been around midnight.

If someone killed him and wanted it to be on display, it could be a mafia group's work to show their power. But the unprofessional beatings suggest otherwise. While I was examining, the circle officer came to me.

"What do you think?" I asked him to know his perspective.

"I think he was beaten to death and suspended to show others their power. It must be some mafia gang, sir," he said confidently.

"Okay, what's his name? Any information about the victim? Or has anyone gone missing in the past two days?" I asked him.

"He works in a nearby office. His coworkers said that he left the office around 8:30 because they had some meeting, it seems, sir," he said.

By then a car arrived. Mr. Jung's car. He got out of his car, walking towards me. He looked at the body that's laying on the stretcher and went to the pathway, taking in the scenery of the rope still there. He came back to me.

"What do you think, Mr. Wang?" he asked me expectantly.

"He works in a nearby office. He left there by 8:30. Even if he walked here, it would have only taken him 15 minutes. If my guess is right, he was murdered by someone he doesn't even know. They must have been speaking to him for some time because the bruises were not that dry; it must have been around 7 to 8 hours. But the marks on his hand are around 10 hours. It's 8 now, so he was murdered around midnight. It was not by any mafia gang because the bruises are not professional," I said to him.

"Right, the murderers must have thrown him away if they only intended to kill him. They wanted to show it to the world, which means they have some other reason. Check if he has any criminal records," he said. I hadn't thought about that.

"Okay, Mr. Jung," I said to him. He went back to his car and drove away.

"Inform his family and send the body for post-mortem," I said to the circle officer and walked towards my car.

What is there to kill an ordinary employee of a company? What will be their motivation? It must be a group of people because the size of bruises is different. There are many unsolved case files on my table. Why can't I complete them? It's all a dead end.

The crimes happening are mostly unprofessional, but they are well-planned and done without any flaws. There are no fingerprints, no footprints, no clues; especially to my suspicion, there is no CCTV footage. Either it's not working or there isn't any.

I'm losing my patience. The victims are common people with no criminal records. I can't even say it's a psychopath because there are no similarities between the murders.