14

Chapter 14

    Fyodor blinked slowly, seemingly not thinking much.

    "Thank you for your concern." He said slowly, not sounding very sincere.

    Fyodor took a hardcover book with a black cover from the bottom shelf and handed it to him.

    Looking at Jiujiulin at a glance, on the dark cover, there are faintly flowing dark lines in the style of church stained glass.

    It's Augustine's Confessions.

    Without hesitation, he reached out to take it, being careful not to touch Fyodor's fingers.

    "It's a wonderful book, but it's a pity that no one cares about it." The Russian withdrew his hand and tightened his coat.

    Jiujiulin couldn't help but look out, the sun was shining brightly, and the sweat on his back didn't fade along the way.

    Is it really that cold?

    "Thank you?" He didn't know what to say, so he had to follow normal social principles to say thanks.

    When dealing with the Zhidou faction, saying one more word is exposing intelligence.

    No, just his appearance in front of Fyodor has already explained a lot of things.

    Fyodor was really just a passer-by, and he left the bookstore after recommending books to him.

    Jiujiulin looked at his back suspiciously, only felt that the route he chose was a bit weird, and didn't notice that he naturally avoided several cameras on the street.

    "Confessions?" Jiujiulin hadn't read it.

    After some research to no avail, he changed to another one that was exactly the same on the shelf, and settled the bill together with Mr. Natsume's books.

    "Boss, I would like to ask, do you know what this book is about?" Jiujiulin pointed to the plastic-packed "Confessions" and asked.

    "Guest, you are asking the right person. I majored in literature in college, and I happened to read it."

    "The content is the same as the title of the book, so I still remember a little bit. The author confessed his past... Hey, I don't remember later." The boss scratched the back of his head and said awkwardly.

    "I see, thank you boss." Jiujiulin thanked.

    Before going out, the boss came over and stopped him, "Guest, guest, I remembered, my roommate from the university was studying this book every day for a while, and he was always talking about something, let me think about it... "

    "Ah, 'in my mind, I measure the time' I can't remember the specifics, roughly what it means."

    The boss and Jiujiu Lin lamented the time when he skipped class with his roommates. he said goodbye.

    "Time..." Jiujiulin read in a low voice, it doesn't mean time stops.

    Did he use it a few times to secretly attract the attention of the boss? But the new boss is far away in Yokohama, how can I be sure it's him...