Chapter 2

After Rebecca got breakfast made, the three sat down in their dining room to eat happily. Of course, Roux babbled about all kinds if things, and they sat there listening intently, watching how excited she got.

Once they were done, Rebecca got Roux dressed for the day while Colby cleaned the dishes—something that they started doing after getting settled in their new home. They needed to teamwork on things, because having a toddler is no easy task.

Colby cleaned up the kitchen as well, and then decided to take Kevin on a walk. He leashed the dog up and grabbed his keys before taking off down their sidewalk.

Meanwhile, after getting Roux dressed, Rebecca got  ready as well before going onto her phone to contact their babysitter, Elena. "Hello?"

Rebecca smiled. "Hey, Elena! You're still coming over today right?"

"Yes! I'll be there around ten." She said.

Rebecca sighed with relief. "Okay, good. She's up and ready, and she just had breakfast a few minutes ago."

Elena nodded from across the phone. "Okay! Let little Roux know I'm on my way!"

"Okay i will. Thank you Elena, I'll see you soon!" Rebecca said turning off her phone. She then smiled to herself and grabbed her apron off of a shelf. Once Colby came back inside with Kevin, she walked over to him and connected their lips, before moving on and hugging Roux. She then left the house with a confident smile, ready to take on the day.

. . . . . .

When Elena finally got to the house, Colby was able to leave and go into work. But of course, before crossing the street to the library, he stopped by the bakery's window to look in at his wife.

He watched as she walked across the room with a tray of muffins, handing them to the customers who ordered them. He watched as she flashed a smile across the room to a few of their new friends, before her eyes met his.

Colby smiled as Rebecca waved, then she gave him a wink before moving behind the counter. He continued watching her, noticing how confident and happy she was to be able to have her dream job. He smiled to himself, and turned around to head across the street, but bumped right into someone's chest.

"Hey, Colby!" The man said said with a smile.

Colby looked up and noticed the pair standing side by side. "Hey, James." He then looked at the woman standing next to him. "Hey, Gemma. How are you two?"

James Newton and Gemma Parks. Two of the biggest influencers in Paris—and ironically, they were engaged to be married. James owned a clothes line on South Paris, the "rich" part of town, while Gemma worked for a modeling agency, always showing off her new makeup brands.  The duo was always on a magazine cover, and he would always see people crowding into the places they were to get a picture.

Colby, somehow, became "friends" with them after Gemma and Rebecca hit it off. She walked into the bakery one day, and although Rebecca already knew who she was, she greeted her like she does to all of her customers. Gemma loved how sweet she was and was thankful that Rebecca made her feel welcome, and they had been friends ever since.

Gemma smiled. "We're doing well! We just stopped by to see Becks." She then glanced at James. "We're glad to see you though, how's everything going?"

Colby glanced between the two with a smile. "Everything's good. We're all happy and healthy."

James smiled. "That's wonderful, man." He then kissed Gemma's temple. "As us Paris folks say, être heureux et en bonne santé est la meilleure chose qui puisse arriver."

Colby pressed his lips together with an embarrassed smile. Sometimes, depending on how tired she is—or if they're in the middle of screwing— Colby has a hard time understanding Rebecca, since she's Irish. He nor Rebecca could speak French, so speaking to people who weren't from America, or England—or any other country where they speak English—was hard for them to understand.

Thankfully most of their new friends has visited America before, so they knew how to speak English. "I'm sorry...what does that mean?"

James glanced at Gemma with a smirk. "Being happy and healthy is the best thing that can happen to someone."

Gemma shook her head with a smile. "Don't worry Colby, I can't speak French that well either. England didn't teach me that when I was younger..."

Colby nodded. "Yeah...New York didn't teach me either."

James chuckled and wrapped his arm around Gemma. "Sweetheart, did you tell Colby and Rebecca about our dinner next weekend?"

Colby furrowed his eyebrows. Oh god please don't—"Oh I forgot! We have a "murder mystery" themed dinner party next Saturday night. Everyone gathers at our house and we have a big dinner—from some of the best cooks around—and then afterwards we draw cards and play "Murder Mystery"!" Gemma then smiled. "You and Becks have to come! Trust me, it's to die for." She added with a wink.

Colby sighed and smiled. He would, of course, have to talk to Rebecca about it—especially since they would need a babysitter—but it wouldn't hurt for them to try and fit in. "We'll talk it over and I'll let you know."

James and Gemma smiled. "Great! We'll see you later man, have a good one."

Colby then watched as they walked off and took a deep breath. Pushing his real feelings about them aside, he scurried off to the other side of the street and went inside the library.