Chapter 38

The whole car ride was filled with smiles, laughter, and questions about one another's lives that the duo had missed out on. Of course, since they had left, there wasn't anyone causing trouble in New York, so the three finally got to live somewhat of a normal life.

Apparently, Ashley and Pamela had moved to California a few weeks after finding out about Rebecca, Colby, and Roux's fake death. Rebecca's heart ached hearing about them, because she missed them so much. Joseph said it was a sad goodbye, but they seem happier, so that made Rebecca smile.

"So the people on these billboards," Jonathan asked pointing around at James, Gemma, and Alice. "You two are friends with them?"

Rebecca nodded. "I know, surprising. They came into my bakery one day and we've been friends ever since." She said with a laugh. "Gemma is actually the one babysitting Roux right now."

Renee laughed. "I can't wait to meet her."

Colby then rolled his eyes. "You sound more happy to see her than you are to see me."

Renee pinched his shoulder from the backseat. "Now you know that isn't true. I love you guys."

Joseph furrowed his eyebrows. "Do these new friends of yours know?"

Colby looked up into the rear view mirror where he could see him. "Know what?" When Joseph rolled his eyes, Colby perked up. "Oh, heck no. They would flip out if they knew we killed people."

Jonathan popped his head up into the rear view mirror. "Does anyone know?"

Rebecca glanced towards Colby, who pressed his lips together. "Yeah..." she whispered looking ahead.

Jonathan nodded. "Okay, who?"

Colby and Rebecca sighed at the same time. "Our old babysitter and her boyfriend." He said turning onto their street. "They're currently locked up in our storage building."

Renee and Joseph gasped while Jonathan laughed. "Of course they are." Joseph said shaking his head.

"Oh, have I mentioned how much I love you guys?" Jonathan said with a chuckle. "Not even been here but for a few years and you've already got people locked up." He then shook his head. "Im actually surprised it didn't happen sooner."

Colby rolled his eyes. "Well when you figure out who we're going against, maybe you'll understand our tactics."

Jonathan furrowed his eyebrows. "Doubt that."

When Colby finally pulled up on their garage, he turned off the car and looked towards his friend's cramped up in the back. "We'll introduce you guys to Gemma and say you're going to be staying with us for a while, but remember, she doesn't know about our secrets."

They all three nodded. "Got it."

Rebecca then chimed in. "Also, Roux doesn't know anyone's staying with us, so don't mention anything about it until we do."

They nodded again. "Okay." Renee then grabbed her purse. "Anything else we need to know?"

Colby glanced at his wife and shook his head. "Nope, that's it." He then looked back at them. "Let's go."

After getting their bags from the trunk, the squad walked in to Lopez's house. They sat their bags down in their laundry room, before making their way into the kitchen where Gemma and Roux were. "Rebecca! You're back." Gemma said with a smile.

Roux looked over and saw her parents. "Mama, Dada!" She said running over to them. "I miss you."

Colby smiled and wrapped his arms around both of his girls. "Trust me, we've missed you more baby."

Roux smiled as Colby picked her up. "Thanks Gemma for watching her."

Gemma smiled as she grabbed her purse and her Stanley cup. "Oh, of course! She's been so fun. And I LOVE your house! It's absolutely beautiful."

Rebecca smiled. "Thanks, Gem. It's home..." She then motioned towards the three standing behind her and looking around. "Gemma, this is Joseph, Renee, and Jonathan. Guys, this is Gemma."

Gemma waved excitedly. "It's so nice to meet you all! Im sure you're wonderful considering you're friends with these two."

Joseph smiled. "Same, and they're amazing."

Gemma then signed. "I better get going, then. James is wanting to go to some fashion banquet so I told him I'd go." She then high five'd Roux before turning to Rebecca. "Thank you for letting me babysit. Text me if you need anything, love you!" She said kissing her cheek.

Gemma then hurried out the door leaving Rebecca standing there with a weird smile—and the others holding their ears. "Is she always that loud?" Jonathan asked.

Colby turned around and nodded. "Most of the time." He then walked towards them with Roux. "Sweetheart, do you remember Uncle Joe and Jon, and Auntie Renee?"

Roux looked at her father before looking at her mother—then back towards them. "They in that picture?"

Rebecca then looked at a picture of the four of them together, with a smile. "Yeah!"

Roux then smiled and waved. "Hi..."

Renee melted and held out her arms while the other two smiled. Colby passed her to Renee. "They're going to be staying with us for a while is that okay?"

Roux nodded. "Yeah! New friends!"

Renee and Joseph laughed. "More like old friends, but whatever kid." Jonathan said with a smile. He then looked towards Colby and Rebecca. "Now who are we dealing with?"