Chapter 35

After a week of investigating, Colby and Rebecca finally found some tiny ways to track down their stalker. Colby set up even more cameras. Rebecca started sending him anonymous messages. And together, they were willing to do anything to find their next victim.

Colby had been in their home office everyday after work, checking cameras and trying to hack into the messages they were receiving. He hasn't had any luck though, but he's determined to find something to lead them to him.

Rebecca on the other hand, had been taking a different approach on things. Since Colby still had to work at the library, Roux had been going to work with him and sitting in the kids play zone, while Rebecca went to the bakery. She figured it would be easier to see some sketchy people, especially considering hundreds of people came in there each day.

On top of tracking down their hunter, they are also pretending to be Elena and Theo. Not surprised, Marie had been blowing up Theo's phone constantly, wondering where he had been. Hope they don't have twin telepathy, Rebecca thought as she sent yet another text.

The only person that had contacted Elena was her mother. She was needing Elena to swing by her house and fix her tv, because apparently, she pressed a wrong button and it won't turn back on.

Rebecca rolled her eyes as she checked their cameras. Nothing new today...She thought as she picked up food. "Thank you sir!" She said smiling.

She walked out of the doors of the "French Latte",—a famous, and local, coffee shop—and down the streets of Paris. Before she went into work for the day, she would be stopping by the storage unit to drop off food to a hazed Theo and Elena.

They were starting to get on their nerves. Every second they were asking the same boring questions... "when can we leave this place?" Rebecca swallowed at the thought. I really need to find a new babysitter...preferably someone who already knows our secrets and isn't going to try and put us in jail. A car honked and Rebecca jumped out of her state. She put a hand to her heart as she kept walking, taking in all the local shops and restaurants scents.

Once the storage building finally came into view, Rebecca walked up to the their unit and rolled up the door. She checked her surroundings before walking in and shutting the door. She flicked on the lights to her right. "Good morning sleepy heads."

Theo grabbed a book from underneath their small bed and threw it at the door. "Someone's in a bad mood." Rebecca said walking up to the cage. Once Elena looked up at her, she shook the bag in her hand. "Hungry?"

She watched Elena swallow, and Theo just sighed. Rebecca pressed her lips together and opened up the small window setting the food inside. Once she shut the window again, Theo reached in and grabbed the bag. "Thanks..." Elena said taking the bag from him once he sat back down.

Rebecca smiled. "You're welcome." She then cleared her throat. "Do you guys need anything? Extra water? Books? Blankets and pillows?"

Elena glared at her while she chewed up her muffin. "We need our life back..."

Rebecca sighed as she pulled up a chair. "Welp, sorry to break the news, but your not getting it back anytime soon."

"Why?!" Theo exclaimed. "Because we'll turn you in?"

Rebecca laughed. "Yeah, that's exactly why. That was a stupid question, Theo."

He rolled his eyes and continued eating. "More blankets and pillows would be nice. It gets kind of chilly at night..." Elena whispered out.

Rebecca nodded. "I'll bring some back this evening. Are you good on water?"

Elena nodded. "We still have a whole case left."

Rebecca nodded again and drummed her hands against the chair. "Okay, this is such bull crap." Theo exclaimed standing up. "Let us out of here, now!"
Rebecca closed her eyes while he yelled. "We've been in here for over a week. We both smell like wet dogs, this cage is making me claustrophobic, and I'm tired of being your prisoner! We have LIVES Rebecca! And you took them from us just to protect yours!"

Rebecca rubbed her head. It was silent for a moment, besides Theo's breathing and Elena standing up. "Okay." Rebecca said standing up as well. "Here's the deal..." She then pulled out a gun from one of the cabinets next to the cage. "I'm going to put this through the window, and whoever shoots the other, will be set free."

Theo and Elena both gasped. "Are you out of your mind?!" Elena said.

"What is wrong with you?!" Theo said coming up to the cage and slapping it. "We will be leaving this cage, together!"

Rebecca reloaded the gun and placed it inside the window. "Fine. Stay together. Die together. See if I care."

Leaving the two shocked, Rebecca walked out of the unit shutting and locking the doors. She pulled out her phone to see unread messages from her husband. Her heart started racing as she thought about the what could've happened. When she opened the texts though, she realized Colby was just checking on her, making sure she was on her way to work. Rebecca smiled to herself and started typing. "Yes, love. I'll be at the bakery shortly."