Chapter 17

That night, once the trio got home, Rebecca gave Roux a bath—with her favorite rubber ducks, and then put her to bed—of course, after giving Kevin and Colby hugs and kisses.

Rebecca walked out of Roux's room and into theirs, where Colby was laying on the bed. "Shes finally in bed." She said with a sigh. "I had to read her another bed time story." She chuckled. "She said she can't sleep without them."

Colby smiled and turned off his phone when Rebecca crawled up on the bed and laid on top of him. Colby raised his hand up and drew circles around on her arms, and with the other, he ran his hand underneath her shirt. "So the bakery wasn't too busy?"

Rebecca mumbled a no. "It was really calm. I told my workers that I needed to leave and they stayed for the few people that were in there."

Colby nodded with a smile. "Well good. You've worked your butt off, you deserve a day off."

Rebecca sighed. "Did Madelyn seem upset to you today?" She asked resting her chin on his chest.

"Yeah. She said she was worried about Adam." Colby said bringing his hand up to place a strand of her hair behind her ear. "He hasn't answered her calls or texts, and hasn't been home since Sunday."

Rebecca pressed her lips together and nodded. She then sighed and hopped off the bed to go and shut their bedroom door. "Does she know what happened?" Rebecca asked turning back around.

What? Colby furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Rebecca scoffed with a smile. "Come on, Colby. I'm not stupid." She then chuckled. "Does she know you killed her husband?"

Crap. How does she know?! What did I leave behind?! "Rebecca—"

"Don't play dumb, Lopez." She said shaking her head. "Did you really think I wouldn't find out?! We have cameras all around our house!" She exclaimed.

Colby shut his eyes and swore. "I was going to tell you—"

"When?" She asked crossing her arms.

Colby swallowed and finally looked up at her. "I don't know...but I wanted to tell you."

Rebecca shook her head. "Colby what were you thinking?!" She exclaimed with a sad expression. "He had no reason to die!"

Colby jumped up and put a finger to her mouth. "Our daughter is asleep down the hall."

Rebecca pushed his finger out of her face with a disgusted look. "You don't care about her waking up, you just don't want her to know about you killing someone."

Colby shook his head. "Rebecca, look...I'm so—"

Rebecca then slapped him across the face. "You liar!"

Colby stared down at the floor. "We had a deal! No more killing, no more lying to one another. We were supposed to leave all of our bad habits in New York, not bring them here! To Paris—with our daughter!" Rebecca said shaking her head. "You promised..." She said with tears in her eyes. "We promised."

Colby took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "You don't think I know this? I know, we were supposed to leave all of that behind. I know, I promised you that I would never take another life. I know, we're not supposed to do that stuff anymore, but ever since our stupid stalker showed up, I have been craving to do this again, and Adam touching my wife in our backyard acting like you're his new trophy, pissed me off. And it clicked something inside me that I hadn't felt in a long, long time. So yeah, I killed him." Then he chuckled. "And truth be told, I'm more than likely going to do the same thing to our stalker if he keeps getting in our way."

Rebecca bit her lip. "Colby...we're both going to have to bring our old habits back for that creep." She said shaking her head again. "But you can't just kill someone because they think I'm hot...remember?"

She done the same thing. She killed Amanda because she was flirting with me, and I got so mad at her for it...Colby finally looked up at her. "I'm sorry."

Rebecca shook her head and when Colby realized how upset she was, he walked closer to her. She shut her eyes and put a hand on her forehead to try and calm down. "Rebecca I'm so sorry. I regret doing it, I really do. As soon as I did it I wanted to take it all back."

She ran her hand through her hair and stayed quiet for a moment, then Rebecca sighed. "How did you do it?"

"When he got underneath your car I kicked the jack-stand out from it..." Colby said swallowing. "It uh, crushed him."

Rebecca slowly nodded. "Woah." She then crossed her arms. "Where did you bury him? Because if it's in our backyard, I might actually lose my mind."

Colby shook his head. "No I didn't bury him in our backyard, Rebecca." When she didn't say anything he continued. "I buried him somewhere out west."

Rebecca nodded and wiped her face, then paced around the room. "So Madelyn thinks he's missing?"

Colby nodded, although she couldn't see him. "Yeah. Which technically she isn't wrong, but he's dead."

Rebecca glanced back at him with a shake of her head. "You shouldn't have killed him."

Colby sighed. "I know..."

Rebecca scoffed and stopped pacing. "Do you, though? You could go back to jail for this Colby! This could literally ruin our lives!"

Colby just stayed quiet. He knew he was in the wrong, so he understood why she was mad at him. Rebecca then walked up to him. "I can't believe you did that..." When he looked into her eyes he saw how hurt she was. "We have a good life here, Colby. We've got a beautiful home, good jobs, new people to hang around, and most of all, were able to spend most of our time with each another and Roux. Don't go and screw it up."