Chapter 8

I've tried to run away from it all...and it always comes back to bite me in the butt. No matter what I do, where I go, who I talk too, I'm always going to end up the same way. A freakin psychopath.

Rebecca's drive home went by in a blur. She couldn't stop thinking about who it could be—and what they were planning to do. They've been watching her, stalking her, and now messaging her, and Rebecca didn't know what she could have done to piss them off.

Sure, they had killed a few people, but them living in the same city? Who the hell could it be?

Once she got home she immediately went inside to find Colby. "Honey? I'm home." She said laying her things on their kitchen counter. She heard tiny little footsteps coming down the stairs, so she knew Roux was still awake.

When she saw Roux run towards her, Rebecca smiled and scooped her up, smearing her little face with kisses. "Hi baby girl."

Roux smiled. "Hi mama! Where you been?"

Rebecca hugged her close. "Mommy had to take care of some things before coming home..." She said with a smile. "Did you have fun with El today?"

Roux nodded excitedly. "Yeah! We had so much fun, then when daddy got home, me and him went outside and he pushed me on the swing!"

Rebecca smiled excitedly. "He did?! That sounds so fun!"

Colby then walked into the kitchen with a smile. He walked over and wrapped his arms around his girls. "Hi beautiful." He said kissing Rebecca's temple. "Rough night at the bakery?"

Rebecca swallowed. "Uhm about that. Me and you need to talk about something." She then looked down towards Roux. "But first, I think it's time we have a tea party!"

Roux clapped excitedly. "Yay!"

Rebecca then let her down. "Why don't you go get your stuffed animals ready for the party okay? And then me and daddy will join you."

Roux nodded and smiled. "Okay mama!"

Colby watched as Roux ran off and once he saw she was upstairs he turned back towards Rebecca. "What's going on?"

Rebecca pulled out her phone. "Remember our intruder? Well now he's a stalker..." She said showing him the messages.

Colby scrolled through them with furrowed eyebrows. "How in the freakin world did they get your number? And what the heck have we done to piss them off?"

Rebecca shrugged. "That's what I said. They said we even lived in the same city together...like how are we supposed to know who that is?"

Colby shook his head. "I have no clue. Did they leave anything at the bakery?"

Rebecca shook her head. "No thank god. But they said they saw what I was wearing so I know they've been watching me...or us."

Colby turned off the phone. "Crap." He said running a hand through his hair. "This isn't good..."

Rebecca leaned against against the kitchen counter. "I know."

Colby then followed suit, and the duo stood there pondering about what they could do to protect their family. "We need to think of something...and fast." He then sighed. "We have the dinner tomorrow remember? What if they plan to be there?"

Rebecca swallowed. "Well since they're following us around....I have a feeling they will be."

      .                  .                  .                    .                   .

The next day Rebecca and Colby relaxed around the house with Roux, waiting for the time to pass by until they left for the party. Neither one of them was excited—and truth be told neither one of them wanted to put their friends in danger.

Around five the duo started getting ready. Rebecca dressed in a black dress with a white fluffy coat on, and of course, her favorite heels. Colby dressed in an all black suit and was currently struggling with his tie in front of their bedroom mirror.

Rebecca walked out of the bathroom with a sigh. "I've not wore this dress since before I got pregnant with Roux..." She said putting her hair in place.

Colby watched her through the mirror with a smile. "And you still look as sexy as you did back then..."

Rebecca blushed and walked up to him. "Here." She said helping him with his tie. Colby looked down and watched her. "You look handsome."

Colby smiled. "Thanks. My wife picked it out."

Rebecca chuckled as she adjusted his tie in place. "There ya go, love."

Colby grabbed her waist before she stepped back and pulled her in for a kiss. "You look so freakin hot."

Rebecca blushed again, and gave him a hungry kiss. "Thank you...I'm just hoping I don't fall and kill myself in these heels."

Colby laughed as she moved in front of him to see herself in the mirror. "Don't worry, if you fall your husband will catch you."

Rebecca smiled and rubbed her hands down her stomach. "You ready?"

Colby took a deep breath. "It's to die for remember? Of course I'm ready." He said with a chuckle.