Chapter 34

The car ride home was silent, except for Bluey playing in the background. Colby nor Rebecca could wrap their heads around the fact that not only did they lose two of their close friends, they lost the girl who had seen it all. Someone who they trusted. Who had been in their house more times than Rebecca could count. Who had been around their daughter for months.

The stalker strikes again...I wonder what his next move will be? Rebecca thought as Colby pulled up into their garage. Colby turned off the car while Rebecca got Roux out of the vehicle and into the house.

"Let's get you in bed, sweetheart." Rebecca said carrying her upstairs.

"Mama, where did El go?" Roux asked sleepily.

Seems like we're not the only ones hurt... "She had to go home, baby."

Roux just nodded as her mother tucked her into bed. "Night mommy."

Rebecca smiled and kissed her cheek multiple times. "Night Roux bear...I love you."

Rebecca walked out of Roux's bedroom and into her and Colby's broken one. When she entered she saw Colby sitting on they're bed, holding pieces of glass with Rebecca's blood on it. She looked down at her feet when he stared up at her. "Im sorry for not cleaning up..."

Colby didn't say anything, he just cleared his throat and dropped the pieces to the floor. "Come here." He said motioning for her.

Rebecca swallowed and looked up at him. She then shut their bedroom door before walking over to him. She stood in between his legs while he wrapped his arms around her. "Where?"

Rebecca placed her hands on his shoulders. "My head..." She whispered slowly.

Colby gently moved her to his lap. He moved one hand up, and ran it through her hair softly, checking for anymore blood. "You're okay..."

Rebecca gave him a small smile and rested her forehead against his. "So what do we do now?" She whispered.

Colby glanced up into her eyes, then her lips, then back to her eyes. "We keep trying to find our stalker. We'll stop by the storage building everyday and give them food and water, then me and you will continue on with our lives."

Rebecca trailed her hands up to his neck. "Did Theo hurt you?"

He shut his eyes as he pressed closer. "Not really. We kind of just wrestled each other on the ground."

Rebecca tugged on his man bun. "So you're okay?"

Colby smiled. "Yeah I'm okay." He then moved his mouth up and connected his lips with hers. Once. Twice. Three times before he pulls back and cups her face. "This stalker isn't going to stop until one of us are dead..." He whispered. "But I promise you, he's not going to hurt you. This makes three times someone has come into our home looking for more than a fight, and it seems that your the one that always suffers.

"First Randal, then the stalker, and now Elena..." Colby said with a shake of his head. "Rebecca in the past two months we almost died in a car crash, and now you have dried blood all over your hair, for trying to defend yourself from someone turning us in. From now on, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you."

"Colby you can't promise that..." Rebecca said brushing a strand of his loose hair back. "And yeah, I've gotten hurt a couple of times, but you don't know what this man has planned. Whatever we did to him...he's not going to stop until we're both dead."

Colby swallowed and pulled her face to his, kissing her on the forehead. "We're not going to sit back and let this guy attack us anymore. Somehow, me and you are going to find out who and where he is."

Rebecca smiled with a nod. "How?"

Just as she finished, one of their phones started ringing. The two looked at each other before glancing to their nightstand. Without moving his wife, Colby reached over and grabbed the phone. Pressing the speaker, the duo waited for that familiar voice. "Did you like the gift I left for you?"

Colby smirked. "Sure did. Did you think that whole plan through though? Because now, they're locked up. Away from this place. And away from you."

The man chuckled. "They're not my problem anymore...they're yours."

Colby glanced up at his wife. "We're getting tired of your mind games. How about you show yourself?"

"How about you two keep screwing around, and find out the hard way who I am." He said with a laugh. "Im playing you and your wife around like a fiddle. You're not going to survive what I have planned..."

Colby felt Rebecca tense up in his arms. "I don't care what you have planned. You're going to stop going after the ones I love. Leave my wife and our friends alone..."

The man laughed. "I told you, I was out for revenge. You two made it personal, I'm making it painful."

With that, the man hung up, and the duo stared at each other in silence. Colby then smirked and tossed his phone beside of him, wrapping both arms around Rebecca.

Rebecca laughed and furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

Colby, still smirking, just shook his head. "He called our cellphone."

Rebecca furrowed her eyebrows even more as he kissed her neck. "And?"

Colby left a trail of kisses on her neck before he answered. "Last time he called, we were in a car wreck and weren't able to trace the number back." He said pressing his lips together. "Now I'm going to trace the number back and see if it will give us a location..."

Rebecca smiled. "And we're going to track him down."

Colby nodded in response. He then kissed her. "And we're going to set him up and kill him."