Chapter 46

After everyone finished their breakfast, Colby and Rebecca started cleaning up while the other three played with Roux. Rebecca was grateful to have their best friends there, and even more grateful they were willing to help and take care of Roux.

Rebecca started washing the dishes while Colby cleaned off the table. He realized, again, that it was just them two in the kitchen. "Who was on the phone?"

Rebecca glanced at him before washing another dish. "Gemma. She's wanting me to go wedding dress shopping with her Saturday."

Colby nodded and brought more plates over for her to wash. "When's the wedding? Because her and James hasn't said anything to me."

Rebecca laughed. "That's because it's next weekend."

Colby rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Of course it is. Why did they wait so late?"

Rebecca shrugged. "Well, Rachel died, and now none of them have heard from Theo, so everyone's minds are scattered."

Colby gasped. "Dude, I forgot all about Elena and Theo..." He said with a shake of his head. "Are they still alive?"

Rebecca blinked and slowly shrugged. "I've not checked on them since our guests got here."

Colby pressed his lips together. "Do you want to go see them today?" He paused for a second. "I know we're not supposed to be around each other but—"

Rebecca shook her head. "As long as we're not acting like a couple, he'll leave us alone. Do you want to bring them?"

Colby slowly nodded. "Yeah, but what about Roux?"

Rebecca closed her eyes and sighed. "Uhm, we'll just bring her and one of us will stay in the car with her."

Colby gave her a thumbs up, and the two continued cleaning up. Rebecca finished all the plates and set them aside so she could put them away. Once Colby brought over the other stuff, she opened the dish washer and started placing the items inside.

Kevin came running into the kitchen with a ball a few minutes later. He looked up at Colby, who laughed. "We'll go outside when me and mommy are done cleaning, buddy."

Rebecca stood back up to grab a dish washing packet to place inside of the dish washer, but Kevin jumped up on her leg. She held onto the packet and ruffled his fur, then placed the packet inside.

Once she started it, she grabbed the pancake pan and was planning on putting it up in the cabinet, but Kevin jumped up on her leg again, causing her to accidentally drop it on her foot. She squealed out in pain when she crashed to the floor, making a scared Colby turn around frantically. "Rebecca, are you okay?"

She gripped her foot and nodded, trying to hold back her tears. "I'm fine." She grunted out.

Colby came over and helped her up, but he immediately noticed how much pain she was in. She clutched at his arms and swore. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

Colby shook his head, because he knew what she was getting at. "Don't be sorry. Are you okay?"

Rebecca shook her head and sighed. "I just need a minute. I didn't have a good grip on it, I guess."

Colby gave her a sad smile. "I think you're just stressed, Becks."

Rebecca swallowed her tears and closed her eyes. "He called me last night..."

Colby kept his hands plastered on her arms. "What did he say?"

She sighed and tried to wiggle her foot but the pain continued. "Just stuff to piss me off."

Colby rubbed his thumb over her arms. "It's okay."

Rebecca opened her eyes and gave him a small smile, and Colby wished so bad that he could just kiss her pain away.

The back door opened and Roux, being carried in Jonathan's arms, walked through the kitchen and into the living room. Renee let Kevin out when Joseph went inside. He glared at the two standing awkwardly in the kitchen. "Everything okay?"

Colby gave Rebecca's shoulders a tight squeeze, and motioned for Joseph to help her to the living room. "She hurt her foot on the pan." He said stepping back once Joseph had a hold of her.

Joseph picked her up effortlessly and took her to the couch next to Jonathan. "Sit here Becks, I'll grab you some ice."

Jonathan smirked at her. "Were you trying to grill your foot?"

Rebecca smacked his arm playfully. "Jerk."

Colby watched as Joseph brought her ice, wishing he could just help her. He swallowed his emotions and picked up the pan to place in the cabinet.

"Thank you." Rebecca said placing the ice on her foot.

Colby came into the living room. "I'm going to check on Theo and Elena, you two wanna tag?"

Jonathan pressed his lips together. "If Rebecca isn't going, I'm not going."

Colby furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?"

Jonathan shrugged. "Because someone needs to be here with her in case that creep tries to attack. And her and Renee aren't going, so I'm not neither."

Colby sighed. "Fine. Joe?"

Joseph nodded. "Yeah I'll go. Do I need to bring anything?"

Rebecca shook her head. "Just food."

Joseph nodded and stood up. "Alright. Let's go see our prisoners."