Chapter 24

After the fashion show was over, the group headed towards the back to meet with the others. Roux—had thankfully—stayed awake, and even more surprising, wasn't being whiny. She paid attention to the fashion show the whole way through.

She was now huddled up in Colby's arms as they followed James and Gemma towards Alice and Theo's dressing room. "We normally have a lot more people show up, but it was kind of last minute." Alice said as she took a seat in her chair. "You all can sit wherever."

Normally more?! Geez...Colby thought as he sat down. He moved Roux to his lap as she looked around. "How many shows have you had?" Rebecca asked.

Alice smiled. "Twenty four and counting." She said with a wink. She then turned around in her chair. "Have you ever modeled? I have this dress that would look absolutely beautiful on you."

Rebecca smiled and scrunched up her shoulders, wincing a little when her arm started hurting. "I did once back home. It was for a local business."

Alice then smirked. "Would you at least consider? You would get paid tons."

James rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around Gemma. "I'll consider it, I guess." Rebecca said with a small smile.

Alice clapped. "Thank you!"

Theo stood in front of her big mirror and was taking off his tie. "Always trying to get more people into your shows."

Marie then glared at him through the mirror from the other side of the room. "Theo." She murmured.

Alice just scoffed and starting taking out bobby-pins. "I'm just doing what's best for business that's all."

Leeds then shook his head annoyed. "You guys can't go an hour without arguing."

"Not true!" Alice and Theo both said, turning around and glaring at him.

Leeds just pulled out his keys and started for the door. "If you need me give me a call. I'm heading down to the bar. It's happy hour."

Colby just shook his head with a laugh, and started talking with Roux, who was asking about some decorations in the room. "So," James said looking over at Colby. "How did little Roux like the show?"

Colby smiled down at his daughter who turned her attention towards James. "It was pretty!" She said with a smile.

James nodded. "So you like it huh?" When Roux nodded again, he smiled. "I kind of thought she would fall asleep."

Colby laughed. "I did too. She normally doesn't stay up this late, but surprisingly she's doing pretty good. I just hope she doesn't start fussing before we leave."

James gave him a small smile. "You're a really good dad, man." He said taking a breath. "You don't seem like the type to be, ya know, as good as you are, but you can tell how happy you are around her."

Colby smiled. "Thanks, man. That means a lot." He then kissed her cheek when she turned the other way to look at a flower. "She's my whole world..."

James smiled. "Have you and Rebecca thought about having anymore?" He then motioned towards Gemma, who was occupied in helping Rebecca and Marie take out Alice's hair pieces. "Me and Gem have thought about it...but then with how famous we are, I don't know if I want to throw our kid into that."

Colby slowly nodded. "I totally understand that. I can't imagine having people crowd you everywhere you go just to get an autograph." He said with a chuckle. "We've really not had time to discuss what we want..." He said shoulders slumping. "We've had...some issues here and there with work and people and us moving. I really don't know what we want..." He said glancing at his wife.

James then shrugged. "Well, what do you want?"

Colby looked down at Roux. "I wouldn't care to have another child. I just feel like if we did, that I would run out of love...ya know? I love Roux so much, and if we have another one, could I love both of them the same? Can I show them how much I love them without making the other one feel lesser?" He then shook his head. "And I know it's stupid, but then I wonder if I would still be able to show Rebecca how much she means to me. I love her more than anything, but with two kids I feel like I won't be able to show that love anymore..."

James pressed his lips together. "Man this just got deep." He said sighing. "No it's not stupid. I have the same thoughts." When Colby looked at him, James gave him a small smile. "I think that's why me and Gem have pushed everything off. We've pushed the wedding back till December. We've pushed our next cover back. We've put our lives on hold just so we can stay in the moment..."

Colby slowly nodded. "You're afraid everything's going to change once you get married, don't you?"

James pressed his lips together and closed his eyes. "Yeah..." He said with a sigh. It was quiet for a few moments, then he spoke up again. "Is that what happened with you and Rebecca?"

Colby stared down at the floor. We just wanted to get married before we both died...I never even had the chance to give her a real proposal. "We went backwards in a way..." He said with a laugh. "We dated for six months and then we found out she was pregnant. We didn't get married until Roux was about a year old."

James looked at him with shock. "Wow, man. I didn't know that." He then shook his head. "Did you know that she was going to be the woman you spent the rest of your life with?"

Colby sighed. I wanted too...but I never did let it sink in considering we were being attacked every few days. Maybe this is why we have communication problems sometimes...we get so caught up in the world we never have time to express our feelings towards one another. "I mean, I know that I loved her more than anything. She meant the world to me...even though we were only together for a few months."

James nodded and took a deep breath. He stayed silent for a few seconds, just watching Gemma and Rebecca laugh. He then turned around towards Colby and Roux and let his lip curl up into a smile. "I hope you get what you're wanting, man. You and Rebecca deserve a happy ending...whatever decision you make."

Colby smiled. "Thanks, James. You and Gemma do too."

James then turned around to where Gemma was standing, and stood up to follow her. Colby watched as the two wrapped their arms around each other, before smiling down at Roux. "You ready to go home?" His wife asked sitting down beside of him. "I think I've pulled enough bobby-pins for tonight." She added with a chuckle, rubbing her hurt arm in the process.

Colby smiled and wrapped his arm around her, keeping Roux placed on his knee with the other. "I love you."

Rebecca smiled and kissed his cheek. "I love you too, honey." She then narrowed her eyes. "Is everything okay?"

He nodded with a smile. "Everything's good."