Chapter 3

After Rebecca got off work, she put up the closed sign and grabbed a mop to start cleaning up the cafe. She cleaned off all of the tables and chairs and then wiped down the counters while jamming to Taylor Swift.

Once she was done she wiped her hands on her apron and grabbed a glass of wine. She pulled herself up on the counter and pulled out her phone. She first went to her messages to see if she missed anything from Elena, and when she didn't see any, she went over to Instagram.

Since she was "dead" in America, she had to create a new account on all of her platforms. Thankfully, around that time, Rebecca and Colby hadn't gotten married yet, so when creating her new account, she replaced her last name with Lopez, and set her account to private.

As she scrolled, she saw all of the many influencers she had met, and rolled her eyes. I have never met so many rich people in my entire life. I guess that's what happens when you move to France...

She jolted when she heard a knock at the door. She didn't see anyone, and started looking around curiously. She hopped off the counter and grabbed a knife from one of her drawers. She stuck her phone in her back pocket and hid the knife behind her back, walking up to the door.

She pulled back the curtain and sighed as she saw who it was. She opened up the door with a smile. "You scared me..."

Colby smirked as he walked in, watching as she locked the doors again. "Were you gonna kill me?" He added with a wink.

Rebecca laughed setting the knife on a table. "I would never kill anybody..." She said wrapping her arms around his neck.

Colby smiled and wrapped his arms around her lower back, pulling her closer to him. He slowly bent his face down, and rested his forehead against hers, breathing against her lips. "How was your day?" He whispered.

Rebecca parted her lips as they just stared at one another's features. "It was good. Sold all of my muffins between ten and twelve. How was yours?" She whispered.

Colby sighed. "It was boring. That's all I did today, was restock books. I glanced over here probably ten times..." He then slowly connected their lips, moving one of his hands up to cup her cheek. "I've been wanting to do that all day..."

Rebecca smiled and kissed him again, making sure it lasted for a few moments. When she pulled back, she looked up into his eyes. "You can make it up to me tonight..."

Colby smirked and kissed her again before stepping back. "Do you want me to help you clean up?"

Rebecca sighed as she grabbed the knife, and walked back over behind the counter. "I finished a few minutes ago, but thank you for offering." She then pulled off her apron. "If you're ready we can head home..."

Colby smiled and pulled out his keys. "I'm ready when you are."

Once the duo arrived home, Roux greeted them with a huge smile on her face. Colby swooped her up in his arms and kissed her cheek. "Hi baby."

Rebecca walked over to where Elena was standing, and greeted her with a smile. "Thank you for watching her. I'm hoping she wasn't too much trouble."

Elena laughed and shook her head. "It's no problem, and trust me, I don't think it's possible for her to be bad." She then walked up to where Colby was standing. "She's a little angel aren't you?"

Roux smiled and wrapped her arm around Colby's neck, being bashful. "Well, you got here at ten, and it's six thirty now, so here's $80."

Elena smiled and took the money. "Thank you. Do you need me here tomorrow?"

Rebecca nodded. "Yeah, where it's a Friday the bakery would be busy so i need to be there."

Elena nodded and grabbed her purse. "Alright, I hope you three have a good evening. I'll be here at ten!"

Rebecca opened the door for her and waved her goodbye, then closed and locked the door. Colby placed Roux on the ground so she could hug her mother. "Hi roux..." Rebecca said wrapping her arms around her with a smile. "Did you have fun?"

Roux nodded and showed her a sticker she had stuck on her hand. "We played outside with kevin!"

Colby smiled and watched the two interact. "You did? That sounds so fun! What did El fix you for lunch?"

"A heart sandwich. It was yummy!" She replied with a smile. She then waddled over to Colby. "Did you bring a book?"

Colby bent down to her eye level. "Not today sweetheart, but daddy is going to read you a new story tonight."

Roux nodded and talked to them more about random things they did throughout the day, then Rebecca made them dinner. Once nighttime came around, Rebecca gave Roux a bath and got her ready for bed while Colby cleaned up the kitchen.

They did their regular night routine before putting Roux to bed, and then the duo had the house to themselves.

Rebecca was currently laying in bed reading a book, and Colby had just gotten his pajamas on. He turned off the main light and left their lamp on, then climbed into bed. "Oh I forgot to tell you, I ran into James and Gemma today."

Rebecca chuckled and placed her book down on her nightstand. "Yeah they came into the bakery this morning."

Colby nodded. "Yeah that's what they said. They also invited us to a murder mystery dinner party next weekend."

Rebecca's eyes widen. "Really? I can't believe they would want us there...we're not influencers."

Colby shook his head with a laugh. "That's exactly what I thought." He then placed his arm around her. "It wouldn't be a terrible idea...I mean, we need to get out and experience things."

Rebecca rested her head on his chest. "We've experienced plenty of things. Blood, glass cage, killing people, prison, ...I think we're good."

Colby gave her a sympathetic look. "That's not the kind of experience I was talking about..."

Rebecca sighed. "I know." She then fiddled with their comforter and thought about the offer. "We probably need to go then..."

Colby nodded. "She said it was to die for." He said with a wink, moving over on top of her.

Rebecca laughed from beneath him, as he lowered his body onto hers. "Really? Because I know something else that's to die for..."