Chapter 54

Dark room. No—dark place. Something hurts...a lot...stomach. Ouch...a wound. It hurts to breath. It hurts to open my eyes. Oh god...where am I?!

Rebecca slowly, lazily opened her eyes to nothing but pitch black. She breaths in, but winces sharply. She clutches her stomach, and feels something wet on her hand. Blood. I've been shot.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes again, trying not to lose her senses for good. Keep breathing. Just keep breathing, she repeated in her head. She moved her weight onto her elbow and attempted to feel around for her surroundings.

She had no idea how long she had been in out, but it felt like she was in a small space. A trunk....

She swallowed her emotions and closed her eyes for a moment. She was trying to take everything in. Wedding, sex, guns, and blood. Wedding, sex, guns, blood, pain. Wedding, sex, guns, blood, pain, and blacking out.

The van stopped. Rebecca swallowed again, and put a hand to her side. She heard the van doors get slammed, and she laid back down before they opened the trunk. One of the men grabbed her hard, and threw her over his shoulders. She winced out in pain, but he just squeezed harder.

She lifted her head and tried to get a good look at her surrounding, but all she could see was a dirt road from behind. She heard a garage door—no storage building door—open up, and they moved her inside to the dark building.

She was wondering where they were taking her, until she saw the familiar light that all of their victims dreaded to see in the middle of the room. Oh no...

She was carried into a dreadful glass cage—identical to theirs—and tossed to the floor. She clutched her side and started breathing heavily as she watched them shut the door. "Let me out." She breathed out furious. "Let me out!" She tried to say louder, but the wound was taking her breath away.

A man just stood and looked at her, then walked away. Rebecca closed her eyes and rested her head on the ground. She was tempted to go back to sleep when she heard hands clapping, and feet against the floor. "Hello, Rebecca." A man says dressed in all black. "It's nice to formally meet you."

She chuckled hoarsely, "What do you want from me?"

"I want revenge. I've told you this a million times," He said shaking his head. "It's getting old repeating myself."

He tapped on the glass annoyingly. "Like the cage? I figured it would feel like home."

Rebecca swallowed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah...definitely. Looks like you just copied us."

The man laughed again. "Or maybe.... I'm just using it to hinder you." He then cleared his throat. "See this cage isn't like yours. There isn't no keys hidden around for you to escape with."

Rebecca froze. She blinked a few times and turned her head towards him baffled. "What?"

The man smirked. "Oh sweetheart, I know you hid keys in your cage in case you ever got put inside." It was quiet for a moment. "In case your husband ever locked you inside?"

Rebecca shook her head slowly. "That's not—"

"Don't lie." He said shaking his head. "You're scared of him. You're scared of what he could do to you." He then swallowed. "I'm scared of what he could do to you...he's killed so many people. So many people and yet he's kept his biggest problem alive."

Rebecca coughed, and held her stomach tightly. "I'm not scared of Colby..."

"Yes you are." He said staring at her. "You're scared he'll kill you if you make a mistake."

Rebecca took a deep breath. "Okay. Fine. I had keys in the cage. But that doesn't mean I'm scared of him." She pulled her hand up in front of her face and watched the blood drop down. "Now can you stop trying to cause a drift in my relationship and bandage me up?"

The man sighed. He moved to a nearby table and grabbed a towel and tossed it through the window of the cell. She dragged her arm over and grabbed the towel, pressing it to her side hard. "Ya know, sooner or later I'm going to need a nurse." Rebecca slowly applied more pressure and looked around. She squinted her eyes when all she could see was black. "Saving electricity?"

The man took a deep breath and sighed again. He reluctantly smiled, making Rebecca's stomach turn. "Wait...Where am I?"

The man laughs. "Where do you think you are?"

He watched as Rebecca just looked around confused. The cell was the only thing with light, so it kind of looked like there was a black blanket wrapped around the cage. The man cleared his throat, and disappeared in the darkness, only to appear back again holding a remote. He smiled, and turned on the lights, revealing two other cages on the opposite sides of her. 

She looked to her right to see an empty one, but gasped when she turned to see the left. There's no way...

She stopped breathing. She stopped thinking, because there was too many thoughts going through her head at the same time and it was about to blow. She pushed through the pain to stand up and continue staring at the sight in front of her. This isn't happening...this isn't real!

The man smirked. "What's the matter? It looks like you've seen a ghost."

Rebecca felt tears threaten to slip from her eyes as she saw two women laying down. Two women who she hadn't seen in almost three years. Two women who knew Rebecca's life like a book—except for her dark side. "Why do you have them locked in there? Why do you have Pam and Ashley?!" She yelled out tear's finally slipping free.

The man moved around the side of the cage so that he could face her. "I think you know why I have them..."

Rebecca then shook her head as more tears fell. "That's not possible! They're in New York. They're in another country!"

The man gave her a look, and Rebecca's heart dropped even further. "Actually, we're in another country. We're in New York."

Rebecca's mouth parted as she stared at the two. She slowly met the man's eyes. "Welcome back to America, Rebecca."