Chapter 33

Rebecca locked the cage once she saw Colby leave, and she stood there staring at their new prisoners. Who's going to babysit Roux? How are we going to hide Theo from the others? Oh god... Rebecca then shook her head and backed away covering her face.

Colby walked back in with their car keys, and paused when he saw his wife. "Are you ready to go? Roux's sitting in the car."

Rebecca sighed as she straightened up. She just stood there for a moment. "Yep. I'm ready."

Colby then turned off the lights, except for the light in the middle of the cage. They were about to leave but froze when they heard a groan. Colby slowly turned around to see Theo sitting up and rubbing his head.

Rebecca opened her mouth to say something, but stopped when she followed Colby's eyes. "Crap...they're awake."

Colby walked up to the cage with Rebecca following close behind. Theo groaned and held his head. "What the..." He then looked down to see Elena lying beside of him. "Elena! Love are you alright?"

Elena blinked a few times before Theo helped sit her up. "Theo? Where are we?"

"In a cage." Colby said making them look behind them. They froze and stared at Colby and Rebecca intensely. "What? You look like you've seen a ghost..."

Elena scoffed. "Why are we in here?"

Colby pressed his lips together. "Because you tried to murder my wife in our bedroom."

Elena shook her head. "She tried to murder me! I'm not a criminal like you two are!" She said through tears.

Colby swallowed. "We didn't want to do this, Elena. We loved you. We trusted you..."

Elena wiped her face. "I trusted you guys too, but that was before I found out you were both psychos."

Colby sighed as he placed his hands on his hips. "Who sent you that package?"

Theo shook his head. "We don't know. It was anonymous."

Rebecca then stepped out from behind Colby and stood beside of him. Pressing a hand to the glass, Rebecca let a tear fall. "What were you planning on doing to us?"

Theo shook his head. "I knew something was up with you two...trying to fit in with all of my friends." He then bit his lip. "I bet you guys were the ones to kill Rachel..."

Colby shook his head. "We didn't. We were the ones to find her. We would've never killed you you guys."

"We loved being around you all..." Rebecca added.

Elena turned her head while she cried. Theo just placed his hand on her back, staring at Colby and Rebecca in front of him. "You never answered my question..." Rebecca said.

Theo took a deep breath. "We were just planning on...asking about it to make sure it was true." Colby blinked and motioned for him to continue. "Then we were going to turn you in."

Colby rolled his eyes while Rebecca just shook her head. "What are you planning on doing with us?" Elena asked.

Rebecca swallowed. "Honestly we're not sure...but I promise we're not going to hurt you."

Elena wiped her face. "How long do we have to stay in the cage?"

Rebecca's face dropped. "Elena..."

Elena then started crying even more. "You can't keep us in here..."

Colby then shook his head. "We have no choice!" He said coming closer to the cage. "What would you do if we let you out? Run to the cops...then our lives would be ruined."

Theo laughed. "That's the whole point, Colby! You two deserve to die." He then shook his head. "Have you ever let that settle in?"

Rebecca glanced towards Colby who rubbed his eyes with his hand. "Look, Theo, me and Becks got into a pretty bad situation back in New York. I killed that guy because he broke into our home. He tried to murder my wife..." Colby then shook his head, trying not to think about Randal again. "I was protecting my family."

Elena nodded then shrugged. "Okay, what about that woman Rebecca had locked up in a cage just like this one? Was she trying to kill someone? Or was Rebecca just jealous she was your ex?"

Rebecca bit her lip to hold back her frustration. "Elena, Leighla was..." Colby said stumbling over his words. "She's not part of the problem anymore okay?"

Elena scoffed. "So she was jealous...just like she was with that Amanda girl." Rebecca tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows. "The stalker dropped that off too..."

Rebecca sighed and crossed her arms. "So is this Randal guy the whole reason you started killing people?" Theo asked.

Colby twisted his wedding band around. "Not just him...there were other crazy people in our lives..."

Theo just blinked and it was silent for a few moments. The only thing you could hear was Elena's muffled cries. "James and the others are going to find us, then you two can finally rot in hell."

Colby just smirked, completely ignoring him. "Roux's in the car waiting for us..."

Rebecca glanced back towards him before looking back at Elena and Theo. "Uhm...we'll be back in the morning."

Theo scoffed. "You're actually going to leave us in here?! What the hell's going through your screwed up mind?!"

Rebecca opened her mouth but Colby came up behind her. "Ignore him, let's go home."

With that, Colby grabbed Rebecca's hand and lead them out of the unit. "You can't leave us in here!" Elena shouted. "Rebecca, Colby, please!"

Rebecca wiped a tear away as Colby locked the unit door. They then went to the car, where their daughter was watching Bluey happily. "We going home now?" Roux asked as they got in.

"Yes, love. We're going home..." Rebecca said as Colby drove away.