Chapter 5

As soon as Rebecca calmed down enough to pick up her phone, she immediately called Colby to tell him to hurry home. With him being at work, he dropped everything he was doing and of course, came home in less than ten minutes.

He came through the house so fast Rebecca thought the door had fell off the hooks. "What in the world is going on?!" He exclaimed slamming the door in a panic.

Rebecca stopped pacing and walked up to him. "Someone knows!"

Colby furrowed his eyebrows as he glared at her. "What are you talking about?"

Rebecca shook her head and started pacing again. "About us, about New York, about our past, Colby! Someone broke into the house and planted crap all in our office! Somebody knows who we are, and what we've done!"

Colby froze and batted his eyes. "Where is it?!"

Rebecca threw her arms in the air. "I threw it away! Someone taped them on our wall..." She then rubbed her forehead with her hand. "Oh my god! Elena texted me and said she was wanting to take Roux to the park, what if she had something to do with this? What if she's done something to Roux?"

Colby quickly shook his head. "There's no way Elena knew about us. She's 21 Rebecca, she's not a freaking stalker."

Rebecca sighed. "What did we do?"

Colby ran his hands through his hair and shook his head again. I swear, every time things are going good, something comes along and screws it all up! He thought as he paced around the living room.

Rebecca swallowed and crossed her arms. "We need to get more cameras, first of all." She said shakily.

Colby glanced at her and nodded. "Do you think we could look back at them and see who could have done it?"

Rebecca shrugged. "It wouldn't hurt to check..."

Colby nodded and followed Rebecca into their office. "Holy crap."

Rebecca sighed. "Yeah...it's a mess I'm sorry. I freaked out and tore it all down."

Colby brushed his hand up and down her arm. "I'll help you clean it up." He then moved towards their computer. "Let's see if we can catch this guy..."

He turned on the computer as him and Rebecca surrounded it, trying to see if they saw anything. Of course, whoever it was, was wearing a black hoodie, so they couldn't see their features. "Of course...." Rebecca said with an annoyed sigh.

Colby shook his head. "Whoever it was must have known we had cameras..."

The duo watched the footage of the man as he opened up their back door with a pick and walk right inside. Rebecca's heart raced as she thought about the worst...him coming in when Elena and Roux were there. She placed a hand on her chest trying to watch the rest of the footage.

He walked straight into their office and pinned everything up, and the process took about an hour. Colby fast forward it and then watched as he pulled out pictures of them. He placed them on the wall as well, and then walked right back out of the house.

Colby shook his head and turned the computer off. "Crap."

Rebecca sighed and turned towards him with a sad smile. "I'm just glad Elena had Roux out of the house...I can't imagine what he could have done to her."

Colby swallowed and placed a hand on Rebecca's arm. He knew how freaked out she must have been, and all they wanted to do was rest since they just got off work, but now they would be spending half their night getting rid of all the evidence of their past.

Rebecca walked around the desk and bent down to start picking up the trash. "We need to get another lock...if he broke in here once, he'll surely do it again."

Colby nodded and pulled out his phone. "I'll get on amazon and put some in our cart."

Rebecca nodded and continued picking up the trash, putting it in a trash bag from earlier. Once Colby was done, he bent down to the floor as well and helped her clean up.

He glanced at some of the photos and winced. I swear to god, if anyone hurts her, I'll cut their tongue out. He thought as he saw a picture of Rebecca following Ashley's old boyfriend Manny.

Rebecca glanced at him and placed a hand on his, letting him know she's okay. He smiled at her and threw the picture into the bag, then cleaned the rest of it up.

As they stood up, Rebecca started tying the bag, but once she was done, the doorbell rang. They two froze and Rebecca scrambled over behind the desk to hide the big bag. "Is that Elena?"

Colby pulled out his phone and looked at the front door cameras. "Yeah." He then turned around towards her. "Just...stay in here. I'll take care of em."

Colby then walked out of the office, through the hallway and living room, before opening the front door. "Hey Roux bear!" He said bending down and scooping her up in his arms. He kissed her cheek as she wrapped her tiny little arms around him, then he scooted back to let Elena in. "Was she good?"

Elena nodded as she adjusted her purse. "As always." She then sighed. "How was your guys day?"

Colby gently dropped Roux to the ground so she could go find Rebecca. He knew she couldn't open up the office doors, so he just let her roam. "It was a day." He said with a chuckle. He then pulled out his wallet. "Here's $80."

Elena smiled and took the money. "Thanks. I'll see you all next week, have a great weekend! Bye Roux!"

Roux waved from the kitchen, although you couldn't see her because she was behind the counter. Colby shut the door and locked it, and made sure Elena drove away safely. He then turned around to see Roux staring up at him, sucking on her pacifier. "Hi daddy."

Colby chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Hi honey. Did you have fun?"

Roux nodded and rubbed her eyes. "We played on swings and slides!" She said taking her pacifier out and putting it back in.

Colby smiled and heard the back door close, so he knew Rebecca was back from hiding the trash. "Did you find mommy?"

Roux shook her head. "Is she sleep?"

Rebecca then glanced at Colby from around the corner and gave him a thumbs up. Colby smiled. "Hmmm. Seems like I saw mommy go to the laundry room..."

Roux smiled and pulled out her pacifier, throwing it on the floor. She ran off towards the laundry room, where Rebecca jumped around the corner to catch her. "Ahhh. Roux Poo!"

Roux giggled and wrapped her arms around Rebecca's neck. "Mama!" She said with a huge smile.

Colby listened from the living room after her picked up Roux's pacifier. He stood there with a straight face, knowing that if that man came back again, he was willing to do anything to protect his family.