Chapter 19

The group of friends made sure to stay with Leeds for at least two hours, making sure he felt better. He would never feel as happy, not too many people would when losing their significant other, but having his friends around let him know that he would always have them.

"I guess we better get going then." James said as the sun set. "Give us a call if you need anything man."

Leeds nodded and stood to let everyone out. "I will, trust me. And thank you all for coming over here. I know i don't act like it, but you guys made my day."

Colby smiled and tugged on Rebecca's hand as they followed the others out. "Bye Leeds!" They all said in unison.

Marie was the first to break the silence. "He seems to be doing okay."

Alice hummed in response. "Better than I thought he would. I know how the media can be. They've done crappy things to me tons of times. You just have to get used to the criticism."

Gemma then scoffed. "Comparing your criticism over your commercials to Leeds being framed is NOT the same thing, Alice."

James wrapped his arm around Gemma. "Now Gem, let's not start an argument okay?"

Alice rolled her eyes, and Marie and Theo just glanced at one another. Colby and Rebecca were in the back, thank god, so they didn't have to engage in the conversation if they didn't want to.

"I'm just glad he let us in." Marie spoke up. "It's not good to shut people out when you're hurting...it only makes it worse."

"It really does..." Gemma says with a sigh. "Well, me and James are going to head home. Our car is parked over there."

Marie and Theo nodded. "Yeah we're parked behind you. We'll leave right after you all."

Alice pressed her lips together. "Lopez's, where are you all parked?"

Colby pointed towards a driveway on the other side of the road. "We're over here. We can easily pull out, so you all can leave first."

Everyone nodded. "Alright. Be careful guys!" Gemma called out as she followed Marie, Theo, and James to their cars.

Alice glanced at Colby and Rebecca and waved, then it was just the duo. "Can we go home?" Rebecca asked squeezing Colby's hand.

Colby nodded. "Yeah I was going to ask the same thing. I miss our girl."

The duo then got into Colby's car and headed down the road. Unfortunately, the ride to Leeds was about an hour away from their house, so by the time they got half way home, it was already dark.

Rebecca was currently scrolling through her phone, messaging Elena making sure Roux was okay. Colby was of course driving, so she just went through different apps on her phone, trying to pass the time.

Colby's thumbs danced along the steering wheel, to a beat in his head, then he looked over at his wife. "I'm glad Leeds is doing okay."

Rebecca looked up from her phone and looked at the road in front of them. "Yeah me too."

When Colby saw her glance back down, he grew anxious again. "Are you still mad at me?"

Rebecca then sighed and shut off her phone. "No..." She then looked up at him. "Elena hasn't answered my texts, and I'm just worried."

Colby reached over and grabbed her hand. "Honey I'm sure she's fine. It's almost nine, she's probably getting her ready for bed."

Rebecca rested her head against his arm. "I hope so..."

A few seconds later her head popped back up when she heard a phone ring. "I think it's mine." Colby said reaching for his phone but nearly driving off of the road.

"I've got it babe." Rebecca said grabbing it for him. She picked it up and pressed it to her ear. "Hello?"

"Hello Rebecca." She heard a man say from the other side. "Long time no see, huh?"

Rebecca furrowed her eyebrows and glanced at Colby, who was waiting for her to talk. "I'm sorry, who is this?"

"Seriously? That hurts my feelings. Do you not remember me?" He said with a chuckle. Rebecca started to move the phone away and turn it off, but he interrupted again. "You hang up on me I swear I'll bust through your home and slice Elena's throat."

Rebecca froze and looked at Colby in fear, putting the phone on speaker. When he saw her panicking he picked the speed up. "You're our stalker?"

"Yes ma'am! Have you missed me? I've missed you all, but I know you've had your hands dirty...well at least Colby has."

Colby looked at the phone in Rebecca's hand. "Let's cut to the case, what do you want?"

The man scoffed. "Me? I want revenge. And I'm not going to stop until you two get what you deserve."

Rebecca shook her head and opened her mouth to say something, but stopped. "Colby, do you smell smoke?"

Colby looked at his surroundings and nodded. "Yeah, actually."

The man then laughed as Colby sped up once again. "Sounds like something is about to go BOOM." He then breathed heavily into the phone. "Literally..."

Rebecca furrowed her eyebrows and glanced at Colby. "What did you—" A loud boom was heard all around, and the next thing the duo knew, the car was flipping forwards. It felt like time had slowed, and all they could see was glass and smoke flying through the air. They braced themselves as best as they could, moreover Colby trying to cover Rebecca, but nothing could have prepared them enough for that big of a crash—and the harsh landing that was to come.