Chapter 13

The duo slowly unlocked the bedroom door, and peeking out—and making sure no one was there—they walked out carefully and down the hallway. Colby pulled out his phone from his back pocket and when they went down to the foyer, they met James. "Where are you two birds going?" James laughed.

Rebecca sighed and acted like she was worried to death. "James I'm so sorry, but we're going to have to head home. Our daughter, Roux, she's really sick and she really needs us."

James furrowed his eyebrows with concern. "Oh no!" He then looked up towards the stairs before looking back at them. "I'll let them know where you two went. Here, let me walk you to your car."

Colby nodded. "Thanks, James."

James lead them out of the house and down the walkway. "Does she need to be driven to the hospital or anything? I can call someone if need be."

Rebecca shook her head. He's being...very nice. I guess we've made a good impression. "Unless she gets worse, I think she'll be okay after we check on her. Thank you though, we really appreciate it."

James nodded. "Of course."

Colby then looked over towards the walkway where Rachel was laying and glanced at Rebecca. "James?"

James turned around. "Yeah?" Colby and Rebecca stopped walking and both pointed towards her body. "What is that?!"

Rebecca shook her head and started walking towards her body. "Rebecca be careful...." Colby said, making James nod as well.

She walked up to Rachel and swallowed, then she let out a horrifying scream. Both James and Colby followed her and when they all saw what she saw, James called 911 and ran back towards the house.

Rebecca and Colby followed and watched as James paced around in the living room shaking his head. "Oh my god. She's...dead." James then wiped at his eyes. "I'm sorry you found her like that, Rebecca."

Well actually we're the ones who put her there but... "Don't be sorry. None of us knew what we would find."

James then sniffled. "You two go home okay? I've called the cops and I'll tell Gem about what happened. We'll handle the rest. You two get to your child."

Colby then shook his head. "Are you sure, James? We don't care to stay and help."

James shook his head. "No, man. If Roux is sick she needs her parents...me and Gem will handle the rest okay?"

The duo nodded and hugged James before walking out to their car. They got in and immediately, Colby drove off. "Did I make it believable? Do you think he suspects us?"

Colby shook his head. "I don't think he'll suspect anything. Your scream was...terrifying."

Rebecca smirked. "Thanks, I've been practicing."

Colby chuckled. "For what? A horror movie?"

Rebecca nodded although Colby couldn't see her. "Yes sir. I'm going to be the next Sydney Prescott."

Colby shook his head again and the duo were quiet on their way home. They knew it was bad of them to leave the scene, but they needed to get out of there, and thankfully, James believed them.

Once they got home, the duo went inside with a sigh. "You two are home early..." Elena said from the couch. She paused the tv and got up. "How was your night?"

Rebecca shook her head. "It was...something." She said with a laugh.

Elena smiled. "I thought it would be something, especially a murder mystery party...like who comes up with stuff like that?"

Colby scoffed. "I thought the same thing."

Rebecca pulled out her wallet and gave Elena her money. "Has Roux been good?"

Elena smiled and nodded. "As always." She then laughed. "She drew some pictures for you guys."

Colby and Rebecca watched as she walked to the kitchen to grab Roux's poster. "Aww, she's a sweetheart." Rebecca said walking up to look at it. "Honey, look."

Colby smiled as he looked at the little stick figures. "She's gonna be an artist one day."

Elena laughed. "I wouldn't doubt it." She then sighed. "I'm gonna head home, but you guys have a good weekend." She said walking over to grab her purse. "Call if you need anything...except for tomorrow. I have a date."

Rebecca gasped. "Elena! You're far too young to be dating..." She said laughing. "I'm just joking with ya,  we hope you have fun."

Elena smiled. "Thank you, and I hope so too." She then opened up the front door. "Bye guys!"

Colby waved her goodbye and shut and locked the door. "I'm hanging this up in the office." Rebecca said holding up the picture Roux drew. "She's so stinkin' cute..."

Colby nodded with a smile. "She gets it from you." He said following her. They walked into the office and Rebecca walked behind the desk—where the stalker had placed the articles and pictures of them—and placed the picture up on the wall.

Before long the duo went to get ready for bed—after going and giving Roux a kiss, being careful not to wake her up. When Rebecca got out of the shower she heard their tv on. Colby was sitting in the bed and looking at the news. "I guess the police finally showed up..."

Rebecca blinked a few times at Colby's words and walked over to her side of the bed and crawled in. "Have you heard from James?" Rebecca asked.

Colby shook his head. "Nope...but everyone who's watching the news has heard from Leeds." He then sighed and glanced at Rebecca. "Let's just say he wasn't too happy..."