Chapter 29

Rebecca scrambled around the house for almost an hour, waiting and thinking. She didn't know what to believe he would do and she couldn't just call Colby and tell him the stalker said she would be the one to hurt Elena. What does that even mean?! I would never hurt her...

Luckily for her though, she didn't have to keep thinking for long, because Colby was able to leave work early, so he ended up coming home a few minutes later.

He walked in and hugged Roux then went over to Rebecca. Giving her a kiss, he rested his forehead against hers. "Hi love."

Rebecca smiled. "Hi honey..."

Colby then kissed her again before looking up. "Is the food ready? Elena texted and said they'll  be here by seven."

Rebecca froze. "She did? When did she text?"

"About an hour ago..." He said furrowing his eyebrows. "Did you not see it? That's why I left early."

Rebecca then closed her eyes and swore. "No I didn't see it. The foods done I just haven't cleaned up. Nor have I cleaned up the house."

Colby laughed. "Babe, she comes here and babysits all the time. Im pretty sure she's used to the house being dirty by now."

Rebecca then sighed. "True. Im gonna go get changed."

Colby nodded and turned around to find Roux. "I'll watch her."

When seven rolled around, and the duo were dressed in their nice clothes, they set the dining room table with all of the food. "El coming over?" Roux asked excitedly.

Rebecca smiled down at her. "Yes baby. She'll be here in a few minutes."

Roux clapped. "Yay." She then looked up at Colby. "Did you bring a new book?"

Colby ran a hand through her messy curls. "Not today, sweetheart. I'll bring you one next week."

Roux pressed her tiny lips together. "Pinky promise?"

Colby smiled and held out his pinky. "Daddy pinky promises."

Roux then smiled and walked over to play with her dolls while they finished setting everything up. When the doorbell finally rang, the duo had just finished putting the last plate down. Rebecca walked over to the door and opened it with a smile. "Hi Elena! Come on in."

Elena walked in and hugged her, then stepped aside to introduce her boyfriend. Rebecca's smile froze, and she stared at the man in front of her. "Rebecca, I'd like you to meet Theo."

Theo pressed his lips together. "Ah, I didn't know this was the Rebecca you were talking about."

Rebecca chuckled. "Nice to see you Theo."

Elena furrowed her eyebrows. "You know each other?"

Colby came up beside of Rebecca and smiled. "Yep. Theo's a friend of ours."

Elena smiled as Theo wrapped his arm around her. "Oh, okay. Well I'm glad you all have met!"

Rebecca then smiled. "You hungry?"

Theo hummed in response. "Starving. I've been at work all day."

"Another show?" Rebecca asked.

Theo nodded. "Yep. And it's not even the work that kills me, it's the people. Alice makes me want to quit."

Rebecca rolled her eyes. "It can't be that bad."

Theo nodded. "It is."

Elena then looked around the room until she found Roux. "Roux roux!!"

Roux smiled and ran into her open arms. "Hi El!"

Theo smiled before looking at Rebecca and Colby. "I swear I didn't know you guys were friends..."

Colby pressed his lips together. "She babysits our kid...did she not tell you that?"

Theo shook his head. "No...I knew she babysat, but that's all."

Rebecca pressed a hand to Colby's shoulder. "If you do anything to hurt her, I swear—"

"Chill." Theo whispered. He then swallowed and straightened up. "Just because I'm a flirt doesn't mean I'm gonna hurt her." He added with a wink.

Rebecca rolled her eyes and moved to the kitchen while Colby just shook his head. "So you act all cool and punk around us, but all sweet around her?"

Theo shrugged. "Im myself around her...if you all actually made conversation with me when we're together with our friends, you would know more about me."

Elena then walked back in the dining room with Roux beside of her. "I hungry!" Roux said.

Rebecca smiled from the kitchen. "I know baby, me and daddy are getting us drinks."

Elena moved Roux to her high chair before she sat down next to Theo. "So how long have you all known each other?"

Colby carried the drinks to the table while Rebecca sat down across from them. "For a while now..." Theo said taking his drink. "Our friends introduced us to each other."

Elena smiled. "Oh that's cool."

Colby then motioned for them all to start eating, because if he didn't, his daughter might jump out of the high chair to smack him. "Have you decided where you're going to school?" Rebecca asked Elena.

Elena shrugged. "Not really...I'm going to go into nursing that's for sure." She then took a drink of her water. "I'm not for sure which colleges have the best program."

The group talked for almost forty minutes, and as each second ticked by, the more nervous Rebecca grew. She busied her self with cleaning up all the dishes while Colby and Theo talked. Elena had taken Roux to her bedroom, and now she was coming back down into the kitchen. "Thank you, for the food."

Rebecca smiled as she dried off her hands. "Of course! I really enjoyed tonight."

Elena pressed her lips together and crossed her arms. "Do you think we could go into your bedroom for some girl talk?"

Rebecca froze and nodded. "Sure..."

Rebecca followed Elena upstairs, and once they reached their bedroom, Elena let Rebecca in first. Elena shut the door behind her, and went over to sit on the bed next to Rebecca. "Uhm, I don't know how to start this off..."

Elena pulled out her phone and opened it up. "I know I've been babysitting for you guys for a while now, and—" She paused for a moment. "And in order for me to continue babysitting, I need confirmation about something."

Rebecca furrowed her eyebrows. "Okay...is everything okay?"

Elena swallowed and turned her phone for Rebecca to see the news headlines and articles she had pulled up. "I need to know if this is true..."