Chapter 62

"I don't want you all to leave..." Ashley whispered as she hugged Rebecca. "We've been...miserable after finding out you died, and now that you're here—and alive..." She shook her head and wiped a tear.

Rebecca closed her eyes and held her friend closer. "Trust me, if we could, we would stay. This will always—" Her breath caught—"Be our home. If there was a way for us to stay here, I promise you we would." She pulled back and gave her friend a small smile. "But after everything that's happened...you know someone would snitch if they saw us." She whispered.

Ashley wiped her eyes and slowly nodded. "I'm just happy to know you're alive."

"We're going to FaceTime you everyday!" Pamela said coming up behind Rebecca and hugging her. "We have to see our girls."

Rebecca smiled and patted Pamela's arms around her. "I'm sure she would love that. I would too, of course."

From the other side of the airport, Colby watched Rebecca and the girls hug again. He smiled to himself, and looked down at Roux, who was holding her new favorite toy—a stuffed flamingo from Pamela. "Daddy, I miss Kevin. He's not had food in a while."

Colby chuckled. "I'm sure he's okay, baby. We always leave him extra remember?" He then rubbed his hand through her curls. "We will have all the time in the world to play with him when we get home."

Roux smiled, and moved her head to bury it into Colby's hand. He smiled, and gently squished her face, making her giggle. Jonathan cleared his throat from behind Colby. "So...are you going to ghost us until you need us again, or—"

Joseph chuckled. "Jon, don't pester him." He then wrapped his arm around Colby's neck. "You are going to call us though, right?"

Colby smiled, and ignored the twitch of his heart. "Duh, dingbats." He then elbowed Joseph in the ribs jokingly, and pulled him in for a hug, motioning for Jonathan and Renee to join too. "Thank you guys, for everything."

The group all smiled. "Anytime man." Jonathan said as they broke apart. "Too bad we didn't get to hang out more, but we'll try to go over there every once in a while."

Colby rolled his eyes. "You can try..." He said with a laugh.

Joseph glanced at Jonathan, who just shrugged, before looking over and Gemma. "How's the wound?"

She smiled, and patted her stomach gently. "It's healing...I'm sure I'll be better in no time."

James kissed her cheek. "As soon as we land, I'm taking her home and making her a big dinner. Alice and Marie, and hopefully, Leeds is going to join us."

After a few more minutes of talking and saying their goodbyes—and a lot more tears—the plane started boarding. The five of them, including Roux, boarded the plane and watched as New York was in their past once again.

       .               .               .               .               .               .

After landing, the group unloaded their bags and placed them in a rental car, then drove back to their homes. Rebecca was so happy to see her friends again, but being back home—and with no one there to cause her harm—made her even happier. Maybe now we can finally be a happy family...she thought as they walked into their house.

Colby looked outside to make sure no one was watching, and closed and locked the door. "Kevin!" Roux said leaving Colby's arms and running towards the excited yorkie. "I miss you, buddy." She said hugging him.

Rebecca smiled, and leaned into Colby's touch when he wrapped his arms around her. "How about you go lie down in the bed, and I'll make us some coffee." He said kissing her cheek. "I know you're tired."