Chapter 53

There was blood everywhere. Splattered on the floor and across the walls from people trying to save themselves from the attack. But only a few of them made it out. Only a few of them stood in the middle of the room, staring at a pool of blood from one of their friends.

One of their friends who was no where to be seen. One of their friends Joseph had frantically searched well over thirty minutes for. One of their friends that had been seen by Renee being put into a back of a van. One of their friends who Jonathan chased down the road after, but was sadly too slow. One of their friends—no wife—who screamed out his name in fear, and he couldn't do anything about it.

"Who are those people?!" Alice yelled once Jonathan made it back to the lobby.

He was out of breath, and extremely frustrated. He went over and kicked a chair to the floor. Colby just stared at the empty wall in front of him. His back was aching—but not as much as his chest—no heart.

"They just took her," Joseph said shaking his head angrily. "What are we supposed to do, they freakin took her!"

James held Gemma to his chest worriedly. "Who are those people?" He asked angrily. "Who just crashed our wedding?!"

Renee scoffed. "Who cares if they crashed this hell-hole! They took Rebecca!"

James looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Who even are you?! How do we know you didn't plan all of this?"

"You think I planned this?!" She asked with another scoff. "You're unbelievable!"

"Both of you, shut up." Jonathan breathed out heavily.

Marie stood up frantically. "You guys can stay here and argue all you want, I'm going to find Leeds."

James shook his head. "Don't bother, Jonathan already looked and couldn't find him."

Alice threw her hands up in the air. "So what?! It isn't going to hurt to look again. He could be buried under something, for gods sake!"

Alice followed Marie out to the back rooms, while the rest stood there restless. Gemma unhooked herself from James grasp and walked towards Colby. Once she was close enough, she stopped.

It was silent for a long minute. "Colby, who are those people?" She then picked up her long fluffy dress, and bent down beside of him. "I can tell you know what's happening..."

When he didn't say anything, Gemma placed a hand on his shoulder. Colby turned his head slightly, and swallowed his emotions. "You don't need to know." He snapped.

Gemma sighed and stood back up. "I want to know! One of my best friends was just kidnapped by a bunch of dudes who blew up my wedding, and instead of doing something about it, we're just sitting here doing absolutely nothing!" She then shook her head. "I want to know what's going on, and how we can get Becks back?!"

Colby stood up so fast, Joseph thought he was going to punch her. "You want to know what's going on?! Fine!" He said with a angry laugh. "Those guys took my wife because someone has been trying to kill us for months now! Me and Becks moved here to get away from all of our problems, but instead they've followed us here and now they're going to kill her!"

Gemma's mouth parted. She blinked a few times, then he continued. "We've done terrible things...and this guy is trying to make us pay for it."

James cleared his throat. "What kind of things? Are you guys...criminals?"

Jonathan laughed, and Colby took a deep breath. "Basically." Colby said shaking his head.

Gemma held up a finger. "Wait, what kind of crimes?!"

Colby looked at Joseph and rolled his eyes. "Take the hint Gemma. If people are trying to kill us, don't you think we've killed too?"

Renee shook her head from across the room. "Hold up, you do realize you admitted this in front of them right?"

"I'm not stupid, Renee." He snapped again, running his hands through his hair.

Gemma just stayed quiet and stared down at her dress. James was utterly shocked. "Holy crap..." He muttered. "So both of you have killed people and now someone's trying to kill you guys for killing people?"

Jonathan nodded. "They've not done it on purpose...they've always had a reason to die."

James scoffed. "What kind of people did you hang out with, dude?!"

"You tell me." Colby said walking to the front entrance pissed. "Which way did they go?"

Jonathan shook his head. "They're long gone, man."

Colby scoffed and turned towards him. "I don't care. They have my wife."

All of a sudden doors were being shoved open from the lobby. All of them turned towards the doors, and saw Leeds walk in. James gasped, but Leeds pulled out his phone and went towards Colby. "I took pictures of the van. I was outside talking with Rachel's mom right before they pulled up." He then took a deep breath. "I saw them shove Rebecca in the back. Do you guys know what's going on?!"

"Dude, Alice and Marie went looking for you. We couldn't find you anywhere!" James said.

Leeds shook his head. "Sorry, I was outside."

Joseph then motioned towards Renee. "Go find them and come back."

She nodded and walked off. Meanwhile Colby was staring at the picture of the van in shock. "What are we going to do, man?" Leeds asked again.

He waited for a response from Colby, but instead Gemma—who had an angry look on her face— was the one to speak up. "We're going to get our girl back."