Chapter 51

Colby's breath hitched as he watched his wife run her hands down the side of the dress. She's making me crazy. Colby took a deep breath and parted his lips. "What?"

Rebecca swallowed and gave him a small smile. "You heard me..." She stepped forward and touched his hand with her pinky. "I miss you too." She whispered.

It felt like the room was closing in. Like the air had been swept out from underneath him. He looked down at their hands and slowly connected them. Giving her hand a squeeze, he slowly moved his eyes to hers, and it took everything in him not to throw her against the wall and forget about their deal. "What's changed your mind?" He whispered.

Rebecca had to make her self exhale. "You have. I should've never put our relationship on hold like that. It was...stupid."

Colby shook his head. "It wasn't stupid, love. He threatened our baby."

Rebecca smiled. "I know. I just...instead of pushing you away, I should have just ignored him so that me and you both could've protected her. I was just—scared."

Colby squeezed her hand again and swallowed. The duo just stared at each other in silence. Nothing had to be said, they could feel each others energy radiating off the other. It felt like time had stopped.

Felt like the world had stopped.

Felt like her heart had stopped when he pulled her into his arms and pinned her against the wall and shes spinning and standing and not even breathing but she's alive. So very very alive. And he's kissing her.
Deeply, desperately. His hands are around her waist and he's breathing so hard and he hoists her up, into his arms, her legs wrap around his hips and he's kissing her neck, her throat, and he sets her down on the edge of the bathroom counter.

He has one hand under her neck, the other under her dress and he's running his fingers up her back and suddenly his thigh is between her legs and his hand is slipping behind her knee and up, higher, pulling her closer, and when he breaks the kiss, she's breathing so fast, head spinning as she tries to hold on to him.
"Up," he says, gasping for air. "Lift your arms up." She does. He unzips her dress and pulls the sleeves down her shoulders. Tosses it to the floor.

"Lie back," he says to her, still breathing hard, guiding her onto the counter as his hands slide down her spine, under her backside. "Lift your hips for me, love," and hooks his fingers around the waist of her underwear at the same time. Tugs them down. She gasps.

She's lying on the counter in nothing but her bra. Then that's gone, too. His hands are moving up her legs and the insides of her thighs and his lips are making their way down her chest, and he's undoing what little is left of her composure and every bit of her sanity and she's aching, everywhere, tasting colors and sounds she didn't even know existed

Her head is pressed back against the counter and her hands are gripping his shoulders and he's hot, everywhere, gentle and some how so urgent, and she's trying not to scream and he's already moving down her body, he's already chosen where to kiss her.

And he's not going to stop.

She's beyond rational thought. Beyond words, beyond comprehensible ideas. Seconds are merging into minutes and hearts are collapsing and hands are grasping and she's tripped over a planet and she don't know anything anymore, she don't know anything because nothing will ever be able to compare to this. Nothing will ever capture the way shes feeling right now.

Nothing matters anymore.

Nothing but this moment and his mouth on her body, his hands on her skin, his kisses in brand-new places making her absolutely, certifiably insane. She cries out and clings to him, dying and somehow being brought back to life in the same moment, the same breath.

He's on his knees.

She bites back the moan caught in her throat just before he lifts her up and carries her to the loveseat against the wall. He's on top of her in an instant, kissing her with a kind of intensity that makes her wonder why she hasn't died or caught on fire or woken up from this dream yet.

He's running his hands down her body only to bring them back up to her face and he kisses her once, twice, and his teeth catch her bottom lip for just a second and she's clinging to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and running her hands through his hair and pulling him into her. He tastes so sweet. So hot and so sweet and she keeps trying to say his name but she can't even find the time to breathe, much less to say a single word.

She shoves him up, off her. She undoes his shirt, her hands shaking and fumbling with the buttons and she gets so frustrated she just rips it open, buttons flying everywhere, and she don't have a chance to push the fabric off his body before he pulls her into his lap. He wraps her legs around his hips and dips her backward until the cushion is under her head and he leans over her, cupping her face in his hands, his thumbs two parentheses around her mouth and he pulls her close and he kisses her, kisses her until time topples over and her head spins into oblivion.

It's a heavy, unbelievable kiss.

It's the kind of kiss that inspires stars to climb into the sky and light up the world. The kind that takes forever and no time at all. His hands are holding her cheeks, and he pulls back just to look her in the eye and his chest is heaving, "I think," he says, "my heart is going to explode," and she wishes, more than ever, that she knew how to capture moments like these and revisit them forever.

Because this.
This is everything.