Chapter 12

Colby froze as he took it all in. Rebecca was on the floor holding a bloody knife in shock. Rachel, who was supposed to be with Leeds, was lying on the floor staring up at the ceiling with blood gushing from her neck. And then there was Colby, who stood there with his mouth open, trying not to freak out.

Rebecca suddenly stood up and dropped the knife, then started stammering. "I-I didn't do this. I know th-that's what it lo-looks like but I swear it wasn't me!"

Colby shook his head and went back to the door to lock it. He turned back around and saw how frightened Rebecca was. "Becks...hey." He said cupping her cheek. "I trust you, can you tell me what you saw?"

Rebecca shook her head and pointed towards Rachel. "When I walked in I saw her lying on the floor and then I saw blood everywhere and that window was open." Rebecca said pointing towards a huge window, that was clearly open. "I bent down to pick up the knife and then... I just sat there taking it in. I'm—"

Colby shook his head again. "Honey it's okay. I trust that it wasn't you." He then walked over and shut the window. "We need to get her out of here."

Rebecca nodded. "Yeah I know. What do we do?!"

Colby sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know." He then saw blood on Rebecca's hands from the knife. "First let's get you cleaned up."

Rebecca nodded and watched as Colby took off his coat. He then went into a connected bathroom and grabbed some paper towels. He walked over to her and wiped her hands off for her. "Are you okay?"

Rebecca swallowed and nodded. "Yeah it was just...unexpected."

Colby finished cleaning her hands and went into the bathroom to throw them away. He walked back out and stared down at Rachel. There's blood everywhere...there's no way we can carry her downstairs without anyone seeing.

Rebecca took off her fur coat and laid it on a huge bed. "Let's roll her up in the carpet." When Colby gave her a weird look, she continued. "The carpet is stained so we need to get rid of it. So let's just roll her up in it and try to carry her."

Colby nodded. "Okay, but what if someone sees us? They're going to wonder why we're carrying Gemma's huge rug outside."

Rebecca shrugged. "We can say i spilt wine?"

"But then the butler would take it to wash it..." Colby said pressing his lips together.

"Who could have done this?" Rebecca asked still trying to take it all in.

"Well, since the window was wide open, I'm guessing it was our new enemy." He said with an annoyed sigh.

Rebecca then took a deep breath. "I can't believe they would do this...why Rachel? What did she have to do with us?"

Colby shook his head. "I don't know..."

After a few more minutes of silence, Colby walked over and started rolling Rachel up in the carpet. Rebecca bent down to help him. "Roll her this way..." Colby said nudging towards the window.

Rebecca then got nervous. "Please tell me you're not planning on throwing her out the window?"

Colby shrugged. "Do you have a better idea?"

Rebecca thought about it then shook her head. "Window it is."

The duo worked together to get her rolled up, and once she was Colby dragged Rachel towards the window. He opened it back up again, then looked out to see where she could land. "She'll land on the concrete..."

Rebecca nodded and sighed. "I just hope Leeds isn't the one to find her."

Colby agreed then started lifting her up. Rebecca got the other end, then they lifted her up on the windows ledge. "I forgot how hard it was to move dead bodies..." Rebecca said out of breath.

"Yeah me too." Colby said moving out of the way. Once Rachel was adjusted, he pushed her out the window, and listened as she hit the ground hard. "That sounded..."

"Crunchy?" Rebecca said finishing his sentence. She then scoffed. "Yeah I wonder why..."

Colby then turned back around to see if they left anything, and of course, the knife was still there. "Crap."

Rebecca followed his gaze and closed her eyes. "What do we do with that?"

Colby sighed and walked over to grab it. "What are you doing? My fingerprints are on that!" Rebecca said frantically.

Colby shook his head and moved to the bathroom, Rebecca following closely behind. "I'm cleaning it off, then we're going to throw it out the window as well."

Rebecca then furrowed her eyebrows. "Wait are you cleaning the blood? Or the fingerprints?"

Colby gave her a look. "The fingerprints, love, the fingerprints."

Rebecca nodded and when Colby was done he grabbed a towel and held onto the knife. He then walked over to the window and tossed it out. It landed next to Rachel in a nearby bush.

The duo then made sure there wasn't any more blood then met in the center of the room. "Okay, we need to go back out there."

Colby nodded. "Yeah, I know." He then sighed and pulled out his phone. "It's almost ten o'clock...do you want to say something is wrong with Roux and we need to go home?"

Rebecca nodded. "Yeah. We need to get out of here."

Colby nodded and put his phone back into his pocket. "Alright, we'll tell them we need to leave, then as we're walking to our car we'll say we see something and kind of freak out."

Rebecca listened and nodded. "When someone comes finds us, we'll point out Rachel, that way we're not suspicious."

She nodded once again. "Okay, sounds good." She then grabbed her fur coat and put it back on. "I guess they weren't kidding when they said tonight was to die for..."

Colby shook his head unamused. "Rebecca freakin Lopez that was not funny."