Chapter 58

The next few hours was filled with nothing but pecking and planning. Colby wasn't wasting anytime on getting to New York, and he was making sure no one else did either.

Once they had made sure the location was correct, James and Gemma ended up crashing in Colby and Rebecca' room. Colby walked in to grab another bag, but froze and rolled his eyes when he saw Gemma wrapped up in Rebecca's favorite blanket. He left the room a few seconds later, trying to erase whatever he just saw.

On his way out, Jonathan stopped him. "Hey, man." Colby sighed, and tried not to let his frustrations get to him. "Are you sure about this? I know you want to get her back, but going back to New York—especially under your circumstances—is absurd. I just want to make sure you've actually thought this all through."

Being truthful, Colby appreciated how much they had helped him. Him and Rebecca would more than likely be dead if it wasn't for them. "I've thought about it...just not all the way through." He said taking a deep breath. "I've got to get her back man, you've seen what he's capable of...she's in danger—"

Jonathan cut him off and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know, Colby. I want to get her back too. After what happened at that church I can't imagine what he could do to her..." Jonathan then cleared his throat. "I just want to make sure you're ready to do this...because when we get to New York, it's a high possibility me, Nee, and Joe are staying."

Colby swallowed and slowly nodded. "I understand, that's your guys home, I'm not going to keep you from there."

Jonathan gave him a small smile. "Well get her back man, don't worry." He then took a deep breath. "What are we going to do about Roux bear?"

Colby closed his eyes. "Well...we could leave her here with Madelyn or Alice and Marie, but I don't want to leave her here in another country by herself."

Jonathan nodded in agreement. "True. You could also get Elena to watch her...if she's still alive."

Crap! "Dude I forgot they were locked in there." He said with a sigh. "They're probably dead by now..."

Jonathan laughed. "You forgot to feed the animals, dude."

Colby rolled his eyes. "When we get back I'll try to check on them. If we ain't dead by then."

Jonathan patted Colby's shoulder again. "Wake little Roux up, and let's go save our girl."

Colby patted Jonathan's back as he walked away, and took a deep breath. What they were about to do was reckless and absurd, but Colby was willing to do anything to get her back...even if it does end up with New York in flames.

. . . . . . .

The jet took off a few hours later, and the group was all sitting in the "lounge" area—as Gemma called it, since there was basically couches lined up on the walls—and they were trying their best to come up with ideas of where Rebecca could be. But with Roux sitting in his lap, it was kind of hard for Colby to listen in on the conversation. "Is New York were I was a little baby?" She asked looking up at Colby.

Colby chuckled, and tickled her stomach gently. "Well, technically, you still are a baby, but yes, it's where you were born."

Roux furrowed her eyebrows. "I not a baby, I'm a big girl."

Colby kissed her forehead. "You'll always be our baby."

Roux giggled and rested her head on his chest. "Is mommy going to be at this place? I miss her..."

Colby rubbed a hand through her curls. "That's what we're hoping, little love. She misses you too, she said she can't wait to attack you with bear hugs!"

Roux's eyes got big, and a huge smile spread across her face. "I love bear hugs!" She then looked up at him. "Do you want a bear hug, daddy?"

Colby's heart almost exploded, and when he looked at her face and saw a glimpse of his wife, he almost teared up. "Of course I do."

Roux turned in his lap slightly, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Colby closed his eyes as he pressed her closer to him. "Thank you Roux, you give the best hugs."

Roux giggled. "I know!"

Joseph then came over and sat down beside of Colby. Patting his knee, he said, "We're going to go straight to the location and drive around to see how we can get into the building. And we're going to do whatever we have to do to uhm...find it."

Colby nodded. "Roux is going to go shopping with Auntie Née. Does that sound fun sweetheart?"

Roux nodded eagerly. "Yay! Toys!!"

Colby smiled and looked back over at Joseph. "Thanks, Joe, for everything."

Joseph smiled. "Of course, man. That's the least I can do."

James then came over to them and motioned towards the front of the jet. "We're about to land."

Colby nodded. "Once we land, we'll head out towards the location and Renee will take this one." He then motioned towards the back of the jet. "Don't forget our weapon bag." He said taking a deep breath. "I have a feeling we're going to use it."