Chapter 43

Colby just stared at her confused. "What do you mean? Of course we are. We have backup now, we finally have a chance to kill this psycho." He said shaking his head.

Rebecca closed her eyes. "We can't kill him. He's too dangerous."

Colby then stepped closer to her, but she stepped back, making his heart hurt. "Becks if this is about what happened tonight, I can promise you—"

"I think we need a break." She said still not daring to look up at him.

Colby actually laughed out loud. "Rebecca, come on what are you talking about?" He then cleared his throat. "Do you mean a break from the psycho? Because I one hundred percent agree, which is why I want to hurry up and kill him."

Rebecca covered her face up with her hands. "No, Colby. I think me and you need a break."

Colby watched Rebecca's shoulders shake from her crying. "What?" He asked in a near whisper. "What do you mean?"

"I mean exactly what I said." She said uncovering her face and staring down at the floor once again. "You and I need some time apart."

Colby's heart may have actually stopped beating. He opened his mouth, but nothing could come out. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why do we need a break? It's you and me Becks...always and forever. We are married for gods sake!"

Rebecca finally dared to look up at him, and when she did, she immediately regretted it. She could tell how heartbroken he was. She could tell how much this was hurting him. But the truth is, it's hurting her even more. "I know, Colby. Im not saying we need to file for a divorce or anything, but I think it will be best for me and you to have some space."

Colby looked his wife in the eyes and shook his head. "No. You're crazy. He's hit your head, and knocked some brain cells out." He said with a laugh.

Rebecca wasn't laughing though. She bit her lip as tears continued streaming down her face. "He did hit my head...but I'm thinking clearly right now." She then crossed her arms. "I'm going to the living room to sleep—"

Colby stepped forward again and tried to touch her face, but she turned her head. "Rebecca, what are you doing? Why are you doing this?" He said with a shake of his head. "You don't mean that. Look at me." He said touching her chin, but she still wouldn't move. "I said look at me, love."

Rebecca closed her eyes again. "We can't be together, Colby. It's too dangerous."

Colby moved his hand to her head and moved her to face him. "Now look me in the eyes and say that, will you? You don't mean that."

Rebecca swallowed. "We don't have a choice..."

Colby shook his head. "Love, what do you mean? Of course we have a choice! Why shouldn't we be together? We've been together for years, and we'll continue to do so. Why on earth would you even mention a break?"

Rebecca started crying again, and Colby could see how hurt she was. "Rebecca, did he threaten you?" When she didn't answer he tilted her face up. "Did he threaten you?"

Rebecca nodded as he wiped her tears. "He told me that if I broke it off with you, he would leave us alone for good. He said if I didn't, he was going after Roux." She said in a whisper, and the last word catching in her throat. "He said he was going to kill our baby." She said choking on her tears.

Colby pulled her close to him. "We won't let him get near her." He said with tears starting to form. "I won't let him get near our daughter, Becks."

"You don't understand, Colby!" Rebecca said stepping out of his grasp. "He will! He nearly killed me and Renee tonight. He nearly killed us a few weeks ago. He's not going to stop until we are dead..." She said shaking her head. "And without each other, he knows how dead inside we'll be."

Colby pressed his hands to his face and shook his head. "He'll never know. We can still be us, and he'll never know!"

"But he does know!" Rebecca said. "He has cameras everywhere! He has henchmen following us around! He knows everything about us! Our strengths, our weaknesses. Our troubles and fears. He knows us, Colby. And I can't risk losing our daughter just because of our relationship."

Colby let a tear fall. "Love...we can't just split apart and not see each other. We're a family. And I'm willing to risk everything just so I can love you."

"Colby, our daughter's life could be taken if he sees us together. He could be watching us right now and planning his next move." Rebecca said through tears. "So please, if you love me, and if you love Roux, you will listen to me. If you're willing to keep me and Roux safe, we need to be apart."

Colby closed his eyes and wiped the tears strolling down his face. "This isn't how I want to do this. This isn't how I would do anything. I would rather die than pretend i don't love you." He then opened his eyes and  stepped closer to her, tilting her face up towards his.

"You're everything to me...and this shouldn't even be something you would consider us doing." He choked on his tears. "I don't agree with this, and I'm going to remind you of that everyday. I wouldn't let that man scare me so bad that it drives me away from you, and i sure as hell wouldn't let him near our daughter. But if this is what you want, and if this is what you feel is the safest way to do things...I'll comply."