Chapter 1

It's been seven years since the events of Guanyin Temple with Jin Guangyao and Su She. Since then, Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian had married. Long before they married, back sixteen years, Wei Wuxian had a child. That child ended up being the biological child of him and Lan Wangji. Lan Wangji never knew until Wei Wuxian's return sixteen years later. Lan Wangji just assumed he adopted the boy so Wangji took him in. He felt a connection to A'Yuan that he could not explain. He understood once he knew the truth about him.

Lan Yuan, Courtesy name, Sizhui, possesses a fair and refined appearance with a dignified manner. He wears the white robes of the Gusu Lan Clan and forehead ribbon with cloud motif reserved for members of House Lan. As a junior disciple, Lan Sizhui is both well-mannered and organized. He acts as the leader of the junior disciples in the Gusu Lan Clan during their investigations and treats everyone with respect and kindness regardless of status. He has a kind hearted nature, is observant and intuitive. Lan Sizhui sees beyond the black-and-white morality of the cultivation world, as he suggests that Wei Wuxian might not have been as evil as society claimed before knowing of the latter's identity.

Lan Sizhui is the leader of juniors who attempts to show his bravery and loyalty. Despite his general maturity, Lan Sizhui is not above occasionally losing his temper and joining in fights, or telling a lie to lessen embarrassment. In addition, he is hesitant to admit to fear due to his anxiety that Lan Wangji, his A-Die, would disapprove of him. Lan Sizhui also shows a playful side, teasing his Baba, Wei Wuxian for his bankruptcy and for teaching him how to hide naughty books as a child.

Under a rare genetic condition that Wei Wuxian possessed, he was able to conceive children. During a one night stand with Lan Wangji, the two were both drunk off their asses to know what had happened. Wei Wuxian never told Lan Wangji about giving birth to Lan Sizhui. So Through a majority of his growth, many have mistaken him for a Wen. Lan Wangji did his best to protect the young junior from anything to ever happen to him.

So as a child, A-Yuan and the rest of the Qishan Wen Clan remnants were sheltered by Wei Wuxian at the Burial Mounds until the First Siege resulted in the Wen's massacre and Wei Wuxian's death. He was then discovered by an injured Lan Wangji who came searching for Wei Wuxian's remains in the aftermath, the then-three-year-old boy fell into a high fever and lost all memories of his past. He was then adopted into the Gusu Lan Clan as Lan Yuan and given the courtesy name Sizhui. It wasn't until after the incident at Guanyin Temple that Lan Sizhui told Wei Wuxian who he really was, and that was when Lan Wangji knew of his true birth origins.

His closest friend was Jin Ling, courtesy name Rulan. Jin Ling's features are delicate yet sharp. He bears a strong resemblance to his uncle Jiang Cheng, to the extent that they can almost pass as brothers. He wears the peony-adorned robes of the Lanling Jin Clan and a vermilion mark between his brows. Jin Ling is a prideful and short-tempered junior; his uncle Jiang Cheng claims he has the temper of a "young mistress." As a result, he often has difficulty getting along with his peers. Wei Wuxian describes him as having learned "all of his uncle and father's faults but none of his mother's strengths."

Jin Ling is acutely sensitive to being an orphan. He initially loathes Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning for killing his father, yet slowly warms to Wei Wuxian after his aid in the Stone Castles, Yi City, and the Second Siege of the Burial Mounds. Jin Ling demonstrates his capacity for forgiveness when he seeks Wei Wuxian out after the latter leaves Lotus Pier.

After Wen Ning saves his life along with Jiang Cheng's, Jin Ling releases his long-lasting resentment, reflecting that he does not know who to hate anymore. He likewise refuses to believe that Jin Guangyao's kindness and good intentions have all been a lie. Jin Ling also has a strong desire to prove himself, to the extent that he recklessly endangers his life multiple times to meet Jiang Cheng's strict demands that he capture a monster.

Additionally, Jin Ling is adept at noticing people's thoughts and desires. He is able to manipulate Jiang Cheng with rumors of Wen Ning to to free Wei Wuxian, whom he believes to be his uncle Mo Xuanyu at the time.

At the Guanyin Temple, Jin Ling correctly perceives that Jiang Cheng has more to confess to Wei Wuxian. After inheriting the position of clan leader, Jin Ling displays maturity and selflessness. He is cautious not to involve Jiang Cheng in many disputes, lest conniving cultivators consider him a target. He insists on caring for the common people and continues his friendships with the other juniors, including
Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi and Ouyang Zizhen.

To be honest though, his closest friend happened to be Lan Sizhui. Lan Sizhui, was now married to Jin Ling. It happened two years after the incident at the temple. Jin Ling and Sizhui grew close and loved each other deeply. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were happy about it and gave them their blessing. A'Yuan now helps run Lanling with his husband who was the sect leader now since Jin Guangyao's death.

Jin Ling and Sizhui had just left for their yearly night hunt. A night hunt where they arrange every year and spend about three weeks together without the worries of sect duties. Of course, with Lan Wangji as Chief Cultivator, he and Wuxian stayed in Lanling during that time to look over the sect in their absence.

"Though we trust you, you have your flares, correct?" Wei Wuxian asked Sizhui as he and Lan Wangji were at the gate of Cloud Recesses.

"I have several," Sizhui reminded, "I promise to send one out if we run into trouble. I will be with Jin Ling though, and he will have Fairy."

Hearing the name Fairy, Wei Wuxian immediately hopped on Lan Wangji's back, "sorry, just hold me until I know there is no dog anywhere nearby."

Lan Wangji chuckled, "I understand," he said and looked at Sizhui, "you have your guqin?"

"I have everything I need," Sizhui told them, "I promise to be safe and careful."

"Have fun," Wuxian said and watched him leave. Jin Ling hugged the two before leaving with Sizhui.

//////////////////
Everlasting Myth has returned as it has been a large request for so long. Here is the first chapter to get you started. Let me know what you think.