Chapter 68

Wuxian and the Lans left Lanling the following morning after Yanli and Jin Zixuan's wedding. Wuxian was still feeling slightly nauseated and he was also getting more uncomfortable the longer he stayed at the Jin Sect. Wuxian wanted to get away from them and the Jiangs. Due to Wuxian's pregnancy, Baoshan almost wanted to wait until after he has the baby before doing the trial against the Jiangs so Wuxian doesn't carry any extra stress. Wuxian said he'd rather get it done with because he's going to be stressed no matter what but the sooner it's over the better.

Since Wuxian isn't showing yet, it has been decided that the trial should then happen before he does begin to show. The Jiangs don't know of the pregnancy and as long as they don't know, they can't use it as some sort of way to get out of the trial. So the trial is in one week to allow Wuxian to calm himself after the events at Yanli's wedding.

Now that Wuxian was back home, he felt a bit better, even though the nausea still stuck around. Wangji would do anything for Wuxian to help him get comfortable. He even went to go get soup to hopefully help with his nausea. Wuxian sat on Wangji's lap as he ate. He didn't want to be far away from Wangji. Wangji noticed that Wuxian was more clingy than usual but he felt it had something to do with his pregnancy. He did not mind in the least though. He'd hold Wuxian all day and night if he could.

Wangji has a habit of staring at Wuxian. He was just so mesmerized by how cute and adorable he is. He also has a habit of moving his hair behind his ear just so he can get a better look at his face. Wangji was smitten and he felt no shame in staring at Wuxian. He thought, he's my husband, I can stare at him all I want.

Wangji's most recent habit is putting his arms around Wuxian and placing his hands on his lower abdomen where his womb was. A'Yuan was just a little peanut right now but after some time, he will grow and soon be moving around. With his hands there now, it was like Wangji was protecting his precious treasures; his husband and his baby.

Wei Wuxian has noticed these subtle changes in Wangji but he loves it. Even if the world didn't like him, Wangji was the one person he could always rely on. After he finished eating, he turned in Wangji's lap and snuggled up against his chest, "You are being so cuddly," Wuxian pointed out, "more than usual...I like it."

"Anything to help you feel loved and comfortable," Wangji said, "I also just wanted to make sure you are okay after Lanling."

"I am doing okay," Wuxian said and wrapped his arms around Wangji, "I have been told so many mixed things about my parents. Why does being their son have to be an issue for some people? I have been told by many that I have my mother's personality and my father's charm, but then I've also been told that my father was nothing but a servant. It's not what Wai Po had told me. He was said to be such a kind and righteous man and all of a sudden he died along with my mother and their names became synonymous with annoying and poor...is that all people think of?"

"Wei Ying, I have a general idea about how your parents were just by being around you. I've always been told that a parents' child is usually a mixture of both people. Though I am told I am more like my father, I am still told that I have my mother's gentle nature. My brother is more like my mother in personality as he is more outgoing than me. Though he has more leadership qualities from our father than me. As for me and my father, it's more of personality where he and I were quiet but we feel more deeply," Wangji explained.

"Your father was kind," Wuxian said, "from the time I spent with him, he is very much a good man. It's a shame he died the way he did, but I am glad that I got to know him. I think because of him, your uncle has come to actually accept me."

"It's hard to ignore but don't listen to those people. I am here for you and I will not let those people keep saying things like that about you. Being my husband, it is an insult to our sect to harass my husband. We don't take that lightly here. Our sect is the first sect to accept same sex relationships, mostly because we want our people to be happy as they study and cultivate. It's a bit more complicated for my brother and me but I got lucky with you," Wangji said.

"Will your brother have to marry for the sake of the sect?" Wuxian asked.

"Not necessarily because he would have needed to produce an heir but since you can provide one, it's not necessary for him to marry for politics. It might be necessary if we want a strong alliance with another sect," Wangji explained.

"Oh," Wuxian said, "I only now realized that A'Yuan would be the heir."

"He would," Wangji said.

"Has anyone heard about Jingyi?" Wuxian asked, "he was adopted by Lan Xichen before but he isn't around now?"

"We are looking out for him," Wangji said, "mostly Xiongzhang is looking for him."

"Is he in a branch clan of the sect?" Wuxian asked.

"Possibly," Wangji said, "or maybe things have changed and Xiongzhang will get a partner for him to get Jingyi another way."

Wuxian giggled, "what do you think his preference is?"

"He hasn't shown any signs of either," Wangji answered, "so he must be open to anyone."

"Ahh, I wonder if Wai Po knows of anyone?" Wuxian suggested.

Wangji grinned, "we can ask her the next time we see her."

"Good," Wuxian said, "your brother can't stay single forever."

Wangji chuckled and hugged Wuxian a bit tighter and placed a kiss on his forehead, "Wei Ying is right."