Chapter 10 ⚠️

⚠️Sensitive material in this chapter include, topics and descriptions of trauma/post trauma, torture, violence, and blood.

Please read with caution⚠️
.
.
.
__________

"So what we are going to tell you next, we want no interruptions and no yelling or blaming anyone. You also better listen carefully because this is probably something that you would not expect from someone to actually do," Jin Ling said.

"Go ahead," Lijun said.

"Did you want to or me?" Jin Ling asked.

"I can, I'm sure I know more about it than you because Baba told me and A'Die personally," Sizhui said, "well after Wen Ning shared it but he sat down with us and really talked about it."

Jin Ling nodded, "alright, I can tell more about what happened after the thirteen years."

Sizhui nodded and turned to the others, "so Baba, Uncle Jiang and Aunt Yanli were the only three people who survived the massacre of Lotus Pier," he began, "the three hid in an inn but Baba's shijie got sick with the flu. Uncle Jiang was also depressed and also a big angry at Baba. He blamed Baba for the death of his parents and said if Baba didn't act a hero in Xuanwu's cave and save A'Die, Lotus Pier would be fine. Baba let those words follow him from the moment he heard them. He then left to get medicine for his shijie. When he returned, Uncle Jiang was gone.

Baba found that he was captured and back in Lotus Pier. With the help of Wen Ning, they got Uncle Jiang back and the remains of Grandma and Grandpa Jiang. After getting Aunt Yanli, Wen Ning took them to a secret location that he and Wen Qing were hiding. They let them stay and found out that Uncle Jiang's golden core was crushed by Wen Zhuliu, the core melting hand."

"I stopped cultivating?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"JiuJiu, you got so depressed that you wanted to end your life," Jin Ling said, "Uncle Wei spend days trying to read through Wen Qing's medical books and scrolls just to find a way to help you...he did eventually find a way to help you, but it had a big price to pay on his end."

"What did he do?" Jiang Fengmian asked.

"Baba convinced Wen Qing to go through with it and said even though it's only a fifty percent guarantee, he still wouldn't regret his decision. He tricked Uncle Jiang by saying he knew where his mother's master lived and said she could help him cultivate his core again," Sizhui said.

"Who is that?" Jiang Cheng asked, "his mother's master?"

"It's his biological grandmother Baoshan Sanren," Sizhui replied.

Wei Wuxian blinked a couple times, "but I do not know where she is located."

"A'Yuan said he tricked JiuJiu. So he didn't actually go see her. He was taken to a random mountain and was blindfolded. He was then met up with a woman who claimed to be Baoshan but was just Wen Qing in disguise. She asked him a series of questions before having JiuJiu inhale a fragrance and passed out," Jin Ling explained, "Uncle Wei then came out and said to her, transfer the core now."

"Transfer? As in golden core transfer?" Wen Qing asked.

She and Wen Ning were asked to sit in as it involved them and their family. Wen Qing wrote a thesis on the Transfer of a Golden Core but she wasn't expecting someone to actually attempt it.

"What was the process? You said fifty percent chance?" Wen Qing questioned.

"You told Baba that the golden core is very fragile. Any wrong move and it could dissipate. To keep anything from happening, Baba could not use anesthetics or even pain medication to help him. It took two nights and one day to cut Baba open and remove his core. It was successful but Baba felt everything. He felt that power being removed from his body, becoming cold. He said it felt like it was taking a part of his soul out of him.

It was almost like he lost a piece of himself...which is true because no one would willingly give up their golden core like Baba did. He never told anyone, not even Uncle Jiang. He said Uncle Jiang was too proud and cared too much for his cultivation. Baba said that if he wasn't taken in from the streets he wouldn't have cultivated so he said it was his payment to them," Sizhui said.

Lan Wangji was in tears. Wei Wuxian stopped cultivating for the sake of his sworn brother and no one ever knew. Not even him. He wondered just how bad he misunderstood Wei Wuxian because of this.

"After the procedure, Baba waited near a tea house at the nearby town. Uncle Jiang never showed, even after a few days. Baba went into the tea house and was immediately cornered by Wen Chao and his soldiers. Wen Chao had his people throw him around, beat him, torture him, and so on. He tried to get Baba to tell him where Uncle Jiang was.

"Baba said that he wasn't going to say anything. He said he will just continue to torture Baba until he speaks. Baba said that if he died he would turn into a fierce spirit and haunt Wen Chao for the rest of his miserable life. Wen Chao then said it would be impossible because he went through the soul calming ceremony. Baba was not born inside a sect so he never had one. It spooked Wen Chao. He decided that he was tired of Baba's games and flew him over the burial mounds and pushed him in from high up. He was inside the mounds for three months and survived. He even got out of the mounds."

"How?" Xichen asked, "the resentful energy their is so dense and it cannot be controlled."

"Baba found a way to control it," Sizhui said, "because he didn't have a golden core, it was more difficult for it to corrupt his body. He spent those three months crafting a Dizi he named Chenqing which was known as a ghost flute. It was used to summon resentment and even help control spirits and corpses. There was also another tool he made called the Yin Hu Fu.

The Yin Hu Fu is made from two halves of mysterious metal. When activated by pressing the two halves together, all Fierce Corpses within a certain area come under the wielder's absolute control. The Yin Hu Fu's powers are considerably greater than Baba intended when he created it. Not only did its powers nearly overwhelm him, the Yin Hu Fu was bound to no one. Unlike many spiritual weapons, which only respond to their owners, the Yin Hu Fu can be used by whomever grasps it; whether they are good or bad, friend or foe.

Despite the danger, Baba still holds onto the Amulet out of doubt and as a deterrent to the rest of the cultivation world. He separates the seal into two halves to renders its use slightly more difficult. Baba only uses the Yin Hu Fu twice during his life, both times resulting in great bloodshed. During the Sunshot Campaign, he once used it at an unspecified location, resulting in casualties to the Qishan Wen Clan and his own allies. Later, Jin Guangshan attempts to convince Wei Wuxian to allow the Yin Hu Fu to be watched over by the Four Great Clans, though it is implied he merely wants its power for himself."

"It was made by Wei Wuxian, so it should only be used by him," Madam Yu said, "such an idiot."

Many found it weird that Madam Yu would speak up on behalf of Wei Wuxian. So much information was said and he gave up his cultivation only to learn about demonic energy and mastered it. He was more concerned as it seemed that the amulet he made was a big issue in the future.