Chapter 24

~*Wuxian's POV*~

We gathered three yin shards already, and we were now heading to face Xuanwu. Since I got sick in Sizhui's timeline, we wanted to make sure we plan better this time...though it is not just Lan Zhan and me fighting it this time. With four Lan members they all know chord assassination. This time Lan Zhan wanted to enter the shell with me and the other's will be prepared to fight Xuanwu. It would be difficult to perform chord assassination within the shell, but Lan Zhan said he could still do it, and he does not have a broken leg this time.

Once inside the shell, I immediately wanted to gag due to the horrible smell, "A'Yuan could have warned us about the smell," I said quietly.

"How would he know? He was not born yet and I am sure we did not tell him this in the future," Lan Zhan said.

I sighed, "fair point...wrong time to asked but...should we...try to keep his birth around the same time as his original timeline?"

Lan Zhan looked at me. I could not tell if he was flustered or what, he was hard to read at the moment. It was not easy to see inside the shell, "you are right, ask me again when we are not inside a monster shell."

I giggled and walked forward, "for a second I thought you'd smack me."

"I will never hit you," Lan Zhan told me, "I refuse to ever lay my hands on you like that."

"Baba, A'Die, you two let us connect to you via mind link, we can all hear your conversations," A'Yuan said to us, "Uncle Xichen is trying not to laugh as it could wake the monster."

"I will deal with Xiongzhang later," Lan Zhan said.

I giggled as I looked around a little, "are those bodies?" I pointed out.

Lan Zhan took a closer look, "they seem to have lost their spiritual cognition," he said.

"That means the sword is here somewhere?" I asked.

"Mnn," he nodded.

I looked around and saw the sword, "there," I said and walked to it, "apparently I should not touch it...I guess I get possessed by it?" Lan Zhan took out a Qiankun pouch and managed to get the sword inside it without touching it. Now we had to lure the monster out and fight it, "ready for the rest of this?" I asked.

"Why don't we try to sneak out first and then lure out when we are out there?" He suggested.

I nodded and we left the shell. Lan Zhan and I were just glad we got out of that smelly shell, "we just have to lure it out...apparently blood works."

"It has bad eye sight so maybe noise will bring it out too," A'Yuan said.

"I know it won't do much, but what if we just send an attack to the shell? It will probably cause the monster to come out," I suggested.

"We can try," Xichen said.

They then all performed chord assassination together. I felt a bit helpless as I did not have a guqin, but I just let them do their thing. I took out Chenqing and thought of a tune I found. It was to soothe a large resentful creature but also cause it to lose all its energy. I then tried to play it, and it actually worked. The others looked at me a bit shocked. I stopped playing and saw that Xuanwu was too exhausted to fight and with the right attack, it can be killed.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"You can play well already?" Lan Zhan asked, "where did you learn that?"

"Your library had some books on music. I did a quick scan of them. I memorized them all so I thought I'd try one," I explained, "turns out it worked."

"Well, I am proud of you," Lan Zhan told me as he took my hand, "now that the beast is taken care of, we can go toss these Yin shards in the blood pool of the Burial Mounds."

I nodded, "that we can," I said.

We all left the cave and went to the nearby town to rest. Lan Zhan and I needed to bathe after being in that smelly shell. After the bath, he and I cuddled on the bed, "Wei Ying, to answer your question about A'Yuan, we can potentially do that. If it is something you want to do," he said.

"We have a while before then, and we do not really know when we will actually marry. I just thought A'Yuan should be born around the same time as before...but I do not know what will become of Jin Ling," I said.

"We can do around that season but we do not have to do it then. It can be a bit later, it will just change some of the timeline," Lan Zhan said, "a lot of it has changed as it is."

I nodded, "true," I said, "...did you want to try to...you know...before then?"

Lan Zhan sat up and pulled me more onto his lap, "we can talk about it," he said, "we just need to take precautions, as you can conceive children. You'd probably just take a contraceptive like women do."

"I never actually looked into that kind of thing...before we met, I never really considered myself a cut-sleeve...but I guess I didn't really care much about love before anyway. I flirted here and there but I was never serious about anything. Do you...?"

"Wei Ying, it's okay," he said, "we have a lot of time. I wasn't into either men nor women but there are some ways we can learn about cut-sleeve relationships."

"Are you saying we get erotica specifically for cut-sleeves?" I asked.

"Mnn, or we go get educated by someone from the infirmary...which is a bit more awkward," he said.

"I'd rather read it then have a stranger explain it to me," I told him.

"We do not have to rush anything," he said, "we are doing good with the pace we are going. If we want more, we can talk about it."

"Alright," I said and placed my hands on my cheeks, "my face is so warm."

Lan Zhan laughed lightly, "look who is flustered now," he teased.

"You still get flustered more than I do," I argued.

He smiled and rolled us so we were laying down, he was on top of me, "Mnn, but how about right now?" He asked.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, "I am okay with this."

He leaned down more and captured my lips with his. Being with Lan Zhan like this, kissing and hugging, and cuddling, I felt like the world around us was so far away. We were off somewhere else, and it was just a place for us. I was glad we talked, it was slightly awkward but we will get better at communication over time.