Chapter 43

When Lan Xichen received a letter from Chifeng Zun about Wangji and Wuxian being at his sect, he immediately got worried. Chifeng Zun explained that Wuxian was severely injured but Wen Chao was dead. Lan Xichen relayed the message to Lan Qiren and had Xichen go meet with Wangji at Qinghe. Lan Xichen arrived after a could days.

Wei Wuxian was still unconscious. It has been three days so far. Wangji and Wen Qing have alternated in giving Wuxian spiritual energy every few hours. Wen Qing explained that where Wuxian was stabbed, was very close to killing him. The spear that he took was found to have poison on the blade. Wen Qing was able to remove the poison from Wuxian's system but he was already very weak, especially with the stab wound to the chest. Wangji worried that even though it was not the same way he was to die, Wuxian was still coming close to death in this timeline. He prayed that Wuxian would make it through this.

The juniors time in their timeline seemed to also have ended. Instead of finding an array to get them home, they all dissolved into nothing and was sent back to their timeline. The thing was, that time line has changed so much, that it was no longer a timeline anymore. So Sizhui, Jin Ling, and Jingyi have yet to be born again. The old timeline is gone and this was the new timeline.

Wangji was sitting beside Wuxian on the bed. He kept running his fingers through Wuxian's hair and occasionally brushing the tips of fingers against Wuxian's cheeks or his forehead. Wangji was having a hard time holding his tears back. He never thought he'd be in this kind of situation.

Lan Xichen entered the Wuxian's room in the infirmary and saw that Wangji was just barely holding himself together, "Wangji?" He called out quietly.

Wangji looked up at him, "Xiongzhang, he will wake up right?" Wangji asked.

"Wen Qing is doing everything she can," Xichen said, "Wuxian is a very strong individual. I believe he will make it through this."

"Say Sizhui and the other two came here because it was to help fix things, but fate is something that still sticks to the path it chose. If Wei Ying died in one timeline, who is to say he won't in this timeline? Fuqin died in both timelines...I can't lose him, Ge," Wangji said.

"You won't lose him," Xichen said, "yes fate has its path laid out, but that doesn't mean it can't be changed or altered. Honestly, I think Fuqin was going to die one way or another...it's sad to say but it's honestly true. Though the Jiang's lives were spared. If that is the case, then fate will be considerate of the people it has its paths laid out for. I believe Wuxian was not supposed to die in that old timeline. If certain things happened as Sizhui and Jin Ling said, he would have died, but that changed."

Wangji nodded, "he saved me, Ge," he said, "he was already injured and I was checking on him. A Wen Soldier snuck up behind me and Wei Ying saw him. He pushed me out of the way and he took the sword instead."

"If the roles were reversed, you'd do the same for him," Xichen said, "he will be okay, you just have to believe that."

Wangji nodded, "how long are you staying?" He asked.

"I told Shufu I'd stay for a few days. I will write to him if anything changes," Xichen replied, "if he isn't awake in a few days I will let Shufu know."

Wangji nodded, "even though the Wens are dealt with, we are going to need to discuss a new Chief cultivator. Many have expressed not to put Jin Guangshan in that position."

"He will not," Xichen said, "Da-Ge and I are going to sit down and talk about it. Sect Leader Jiang will be here tomorrow so we can discuss it further."

"It's just him right? Not his wife or son?" Wangji asked, "I don't necessarily want to put up with either of them right now."

"I am not sure but Da-Ge and I will make sure we keep them away from here if they do," Xichen said, "now, I am going to go get you something to eat and then after you eat, I want you to try to rest for a while. You need it."

Wangji nodded, "I will try."

Lan Xichen left Wangji alone. He was worried for Wangji. This was the second time Wangji has been worried about Wuxian while he was unconscious. Lan Xichen went to go speak with Wen Qing.

"Zewu Jun," she greeted.

"Wen Guniang," Xichen greeted back, "I came to ask for an update on Wuxian."

"He is slowly healing," Wen Qing said, "in the end, it is up to him in when he is to wake up...noticed that he has resentful energy within his pathways but it's not acting how I would expect it to."

"It has come to my and Wangji's understanding that he can control it. You were there when the juniors told the story of their parents. That's all changed. Wuxian never came into contact with resentment like he did last time. He used that one Yin Shard that Wen Ruohan had and used the resentment in that was used to kill him but it then disappeared. Wangji killed Wen Zhuliu. I know Wuxian can still use the energy but it's sparse."

"I checked his core just in case it has been tainted in any way and it actually seems to be fine. If he can handle the energy and it doesn't harm him, I suggest that you keep him safe. Others might use that against him still," Wen Qing explained.

"I know," Xichen said, "thank you for tending to him on such short notice."

"It's alright, I was told what happened. Wuxian should be okay he just needs to heal more. I'm not sure when he will wake but that is up to him now," Wen Qing said.

Xichen nodded. He then left to get Wangji some food and had a bath prepared for him and fresh robes delivered. Wangji ate and took care of himself as best as he could as it would be what Wuxian would want him to do. He refused to leave his side though. He'd sleep on the floor beside Wuxian's bed every night just to be with him. Wen Qing eventually took notice and had an extra cot brought in for him to sleep on instead of the floor.