Chapter 13

After breakfast everyone met up in the Lanshi (orchid room/lecture hall) to discuss what would happen next. Some people were a bit tense after the last meeting as it was revealed that Wei Wuxian made such an ultimate sacrifice. The Lan family suddenly became very protective of Wei Wuxian, not just because he was courting and engaged to Lan Wangji, but because he was a good person and he had such a good moral compass. The Lans felt that the Jiang's have used Wei Wuxian enough and they didn't want the Jiang's to do anything stupid.

"So we last discussed Wei Wuxian helping out with the war after he returned," Lan Xichen said, "what happened then?"

"Uncle Wei used his ghost flute Chenqing quite often. Even during the war, many people kept asking why he doesn't carry his sword anymore. All he would say was he didn't feel like it or he forgot it. Uncle Wei actually used Chenqing and killed, Wen Chao, Wen Zhuliu, and Wang Lingjiao. He summoned spirits to haunt them and torture them. Uncle Jiang and Uncle Wangji were there when Wen Chao and Wen Zhuliu died. They witnessed Uncle Wei using resentful energy and Uncle Wangji was actually concerned. He kept trying to convince Uncle Wei to come back here to Gusu. Uncle Wei thought it was to punish him as the Lan sect was against the unorthodox path. The truth was, Uncle Wangji just wanted to hide him and protect him," Jin Ling explained.

"Sounds familiar in a way," Lijun said. Wangji and Xichen understood what he meant by that. As Lijun would go out of his way for his wife.

"How did the war end?" Xichen asked.

"There was a final siege at Nightless City. With the help of Uncle Wei and his Yin Hu Fu, he took control over Wen Ruohan's yin iron and corpses. Wen Ruohan came out and demanded to know how Uncle Wei did it. He even took Uncle Wei by the throat. The final blow to Wen Ruohan was from Meng Yao. Though he had hidden intentions for later. He was the spy Uncle Xichen used to get information from as Meng Yao got into Qishan. He said he had no choice to kill Nie disciples but Meng Yao did it for his own pleasure. He was even going to kill Sect Leader Nie but Uncle Wei stopped when his yin iron stopped working," Jin Ling said, "later Meng Yao got Uncle Xichen to protect him from Sect Leader Nie as he was very angry. Meng Yao managed to lie to get Uncle Xichen to help him."

Lan Xichen sighed and looked at Nie Mingjue, "though it hasn't happened yet, I am sorry."

Nie Mingjue shook his head, "it is alright. From what it seems, Meng Yao is cunning and manipulative. He must be very good at it too."

"Trust me, he is," Sizhui said in an annoyed tone, "you will understand more soon."

"You don't seem to like him much...Meng Yao," Wuxian said, "did he really do something terrible?"

"He did!" Sizhui said loudly, and tears started forming in his eyes.

"A'Yuan, it is okay, he is not here. We will stop him this time," Jin Ling said trying to comfort him."

Sizhui nodded and let out a deep breath, "after a few days, a banquet was held to celebrate the win over Wen Ruohan. It was never said how he got it, but Sect Leader Jin Guangshan became Xiandu. He didn't contribute much at all, his son did and even took credit for himself really," Sizhui said, "he tried to ask Uncle Jiang to accept the marriage proposal of Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli again. It was Yanli who said they were still rebuilding Lotus Pier and in mourning so she was not ready to marry. So they dropped it. It was Baba who said that Sect Leader Jin should as Yanli not Uncle Jiang.

Since the war was over, there were still Wen remnants who were being captured and killed. It was Baba and A'Die who caught Jin Zixun killing Wens like game, and they were just non-cultivators, women, and children. Jin Zixun it was approved by everyone that it was as fine killing the remaining Wens...even the innocent ones. Baba was angry and he didn't like that the sects were treating the innocent Wens like that, especially if they were elderly and children."

"We all agreed to it?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Jin Guangshan managed to convince everyone that they were all bad Wen soldiers under Wen Ruohan. There were even labor camps created for them," Sizhui explained.

"Can I ask you something?" Yanli asked.

"Sure," Sizhui replied.

"You are older than Jin Ling, when were you conceived?" She asked.

Sizhui smiled at his parents and saw they were blushing. He then turned back to the others, "there was a night hunt competition at Mount Baifeng held by the Jin Sect. The start of it started as an archery competition to warm everyone up. They used Wen prisoners and had them stand in front of the targets. Father Jin Zixuan went first and hit a target after jumping in the air. Baba went next. He asked A'Die to borrow his forehead ribbon but it didn't work," the others chuckled or giggled, "Baba went to the shooting site and took a black band from his wrist and tied it around his eyes. He then took the bow and five arrows, after checking for the wind he shot and each all five targets in the bullseye."

"Wei Wuxian is that good at archery?" Lijun asked.

"He was the top archer in the sect," Jiang Fengmian said.

"Was, now Jiang Cheng can take that position," Wuxian said, "and I can do more than five, but that would be showing off."

Lijun smiled, "I look forward to seeing that someday," he said.

Wuxian nodded and cleared his throat, "how does this competition lead to you being conceived?" He asked.

"During the hunt, Baba was challenged to go through the whole competition blindfolded by Jin Zixun. He did it, but he was then 'kissed' by a random 'maiden' as Baba would say but it wasn't some random maiden...it was A'Die," Sizhui began.

"Lan Zhan?" Wuxian asked.

"I did not do that yet," he said.

"You would have though," Wuxian said. All Wangji could do was nod.

"A'Die removed Baba's blindfold as asked him to follow him," Sizhui said, "he then dragged Baba behind a bush and they did it right there on the hunting grounds...it was hard not to make any noise for them by they did it there."

"Just like that?" Wuxian asked.

"A'Die confessed to you," Sizhui said, "you found it cute and it just happened right then...a bit later when you two finish, you ran into Yanli and Jin Zixuan. Jin Zixun came at some point and claimed that Baba was harassing Jin Zixuan, which was not the case. Baba just saw his shijie upset so he wanted to make sure she was okay. It was just a misunderstanding, but Jin Zixun made it all worse, calling Baba a disgrace to the Jiang Sect and said that the Jiang Sect produces uneducated and undisciplined disciples, even allows a demonic cultivator. He then called Baba a Son of a servant and that he was nothing more. Baba got very upset and A'Die was one of the only people to calm him down. Yanli managed a little bit and demanded an apology from Jin Zixun for humiliating Baba...he didn't and left. Baba stormed off as well. That was when he ran into Wen Qing and she asked Baba to help her find Wen Ning."

"What happened to Wen Ning?" Wen Qing asked.

Sizhui sighed, "he was taken to one of the labor camps and used as one of their experiments. Someone put a spirit lure flag on him and they basically killed him. But Baba had a way to help him."

"I did?" Wuxian asked.

Sizhui nodded, "you did, but how about we talk about it after lunch?"

"Alright," the others agreed.

Wei Wuxian was not all that hungry as he now wondered if those words would follow him now that he was in a new sect. He wanted to sit down and talk with Wangji as it was always helpful to him. Lan Wangji was always willing to listen to him, ever since they got together, he has been there for him.