Chapter 11

Wei Wuxian was back in the Jingshi after a long day. He was quiet, too quiet. He was sitting on the bed with his hand over his dantian where his golden core was. He couldn't think of not having it anymore. He would have done such a sacrifice but that was when he was still under the Jiang's. Now he was free of them and he did not have to do anything for them.

Lan Wangji was standing at a distance looking back at his fiancée. He could see the inner turmoil swimming through his eyes. Lan Wangji slowly approached him and sat beside him. Wei Wuxian finally looked up at him but he had tears falling from his eyes.

"I do not want to lose this, Lan Zhan. I might have then or maybe I didn't want to but I did because I felt it was my duty to...but I can't give this up. My parents wouldn't want me to do that. Would I really not cultivate if I was not taken into Lotus Pier?" Wuxian asked now having so many doubts.

"When a person is born, they are born with the ability to cultivate a golden core and there are those who are not born that way. Your parents were very strong and successful cultivators from what I understand. You would have built a golden core if they did not take you in. It would have just formed differently. Maybe because you wouldn't have had the proper education to develop it in a strong core it might not have been so strong or it would develop slowly," Wangji explained.

"But would Jiang Cheng still lose his? What should we do if he does?" Wuxian asked.

"He never knew of your sacrifice and he has always been ungrateful for anything you have done for him. I say just let it play out. You are not apart of the Jiang Sect anymore so you do not have to worry about them. Worry about yourself. If you fear of losing your core or someone else losing theirs, why not try to make a charm or talisman to help protect it. You are known for making talismans and charms. And you are good at it. So I believe in you," Wangji said.

Wuxian smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. He then kissed him on the neck, "how's your throat? Sore?" He teased.

"So much talking for me," he said pouting.

Wuxian giggled, "want me to make you some tea to soothe your throat?"

"Will you?" He asked still pouting.

"Who is pouting now?" Wuxian asked playfully.

Wangji pouted more. Wuxian laughed at how cute Wangji was being. He then got off his lap and led him to the table. He got some fresh water and started to heat it up to make tea.

"Thank you for listening, by the way," Wuxian said. The two were sitting side by side at the table as they waited for the two after to boil.

"Will always be there for my Wei Ying," Wangji said.

Wuxian blushed, "Lan Zhan, you keep saying such sweet things and I might die from sugar overload."

"You will not die, you will learn to love my compliments," Wangji said.

Wuxian giggled, "I do like them. So far you are the only one to see me in such a way."

"If Sizhui had not come, we would still be playing cat and mouse," Wangji said, "maybe he just made me realize my heart for you. I was annoyed by you at first but then you are the only one to actually try to approach me and make friends with me. To think we are soulmates is just even more satisfying for me."

Wuxian felt warmth spread throughout his body. Wangji and him had a rocky relationship in the beginning but now they were fully in love and engaged. Wangji pulled Wuxian to his lap and wrapped his arms around him. Wuxian held onto Wangji's face and pulled him in for a kiss. The kiss was chaste at first but hunger for more built in Wangji. He wrapped his arms around Wuxian tighter and deepened the kiss.

Having Wuxian at his mercy and tasting every inch of his mouth as their tongue fought for dominance. Wuxian moaned as he melted into Wangji more. Wangji pulled back and Wuxian rested his head on Wangji's shoulder. He was panting but he had a big smile on his face.

"Lan Zhan, I love you," he said sitting up and looking at his eyes. His golden eyes that made him feel warm and as if he was sitting in a pot of warm honey.

"I love you too, Wei Ying," Wangji said.

"It's close to dinner hours," Wuxian said.

"Wei Ying is hungry," Wangji said.

"I could sit here and nibble on your lips all night if you want, you might not have them anymore by morning," Wuxian teased.

"So shameless," Wangji said.

Wuxian giggled, "I am, but only for you."

Wangji shook his head and the two stood up and walked to the dining hall. Wuxian sat with Wangji and his family for dinner and he already felt welcome. Lan Qiren was even treating him better. Wuxian didn't know what to make of it but he wanted to gain Lan Qiren's respect. He was the one Lan member that had always been hard to understand and please. So now that he had the opportunity, he was going to try and be better for the sake of his new family.

After dinner Qingheng Jun (Lijun), Xichen, and Qiren sat down with Wangji and Wuxian for a bit. They wanted to know how Wuxian was fairing after hearing some of the stories that could happen in the future.

"How are you feeling?" Lijun asked.

"I was telling Lan Zhan that I didn't want to give up my core. I might have then but I do not now. He said I have no relation to the Jiang's anymore so I am not obligated to do anything for them. It seemed that it was my duty in that life to do anything to protect Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli. Now I don't have that pressure anymore. So I am just confused on what to do," Wuxian said.

"You are not obligated to do anything for those people who have not appreciated your kindness when they had it but they never actually appreciated it they took advantage of it. You are a selfless person and we can tell you think of others before yourself but now we want you to start thinking about yourself more. Especially now that you are apart of our family. We as a family will always help you and appreciate you and your talents. We will always allow you to grow how you want," Lijun explained.

"Thank you, Fuqin," Wuxian said, "I am feeling better today even though we heard of such a hard situation from the future to come."

"That is good to hear, it seems that you are doing better now that out are apart of the Lan Sect...which reminds me. Tomorrow we are taking a day off from storytelling and I want Wangji to take you to Keeper Lan Ren. He will help you pick out fabrics to customize your new robes," Lijun said.

"Is there a way I can keep my red ribbon? It is all I have left of my mother's," Wuxian asked.

"Of course," Lijun replied, "maybe wear it on your wrist. If you are willing we can use that ribbon and customize it a bit too. Unless you want it as is."

Wuxian removed the ribbon from his hair, "I like it as is. I can wear it in my wrist," Wuxian said and put it back on for now, "as long as I can still wear it I am okay."

"You can," Lijun said. Wuxian smiled and thank him. He was grateful that his new family was so thoughtful of him.