Chapter 21

~*Lan Sizhui's POV*~

Jin Ling, Jingyi and I were going to accompany my future parents, to gather the yin iron. Jin Ling and I stood near the waterfall at the backhills and saw one of Wen Chao's owls. Jin Ling summoned his bow and shot it out of the sky in one shot.

"You really are your father's son," I said, "I heard he was a good archer. You have a chance to learn from him now. According to Jingyi, they are now alive in our old timeline."

Jin Ling smiled, "if that is the case, I wonder of A'Die would take over the sect so you and I could travel more like your parents do. It would give us more alone time and some time to learn more about night hunting."

"That would be great huh," I said, "...but there is no telling what will happen. We will try to make some changes but not a lot of them. The butterfly effect will probably be a huge factor in this."

"That is true," Jin Ling said and looked at me, "did you master chord assassination? I know you want to help Hanguang Jun strangle Xuanwu this time. I'll be accompanying Uncle Wei in the shell. Jingyi should also learn it."

"I will speak with A'Die about some tips on it. I have the basic forms down but it's not quite strong," I said.

"Then let's go talk with them," Jin Ling said.

I nodded and followed him to my parents house, the Jingshi. It surprises me that it still looks that same as it does in my current timeline. It means it wasn't touched during the Wen Sect ambush. I saw that the door was open which was actually a good sign. It means that we won't be interrupting the two by accident.

"Baba, A'Die?" I called out.

"Come in Sizhui," A'Die said.

I've been inside the Jingshi a couple times in this timeline. It had more life to it now that Baba had managed to get A'Die to confess. In my current timeline, A'Die always struggled getting things for Baba because he didn't want A'Die to waste money on him too much. So basic needs were mostly what he gave him. Such as food, clothes, and love and support. If Baba wanted anything, A'Die would get it. Now, A'Die was spoiling Baba more than ever. I was happily to see it.

"What can we do for you A'Yuan?" Baba asked.

I smiled, "you called me A'Yuan."

"Is that okay? It is your birth name."

"Of course you can call me A'Yuan. You came up with the birth name while A'Die came up with the courtesy name," I explained.

"Really?" Wuxian asked.

"Mnn," I nodded and sat down with them and Jin Ling at the table.

"So what do you need?" Baba asked.

"I actually came to ask A'Die if he knows chord assassination yet?" I asked.

"I do, why?" He asked.

"I know the basics of it and I want to improve on it before I help you out with Xuanwu. Jingyi could use some improvements as well and I thought I'd ask you for help," I explained.

A'Die let a soft smile show, "I would be happy to help you," A'Die said.

"I actually came here not only because Sizhui is my husband but I wanted to ask Uncle Wei a question as well," Jin Ling said.

"What?" He asked.

"In my old timeline my father was fairly good with his archery skills, but I have seen on more than one occasion how amazing your skills are. I was wondering if I can have a couple lessons from you?" Jin Ling asked, "I am always looking to improve my archery skills."

"I will of course...but why not asked your father? He is pretty decent as well," Baba asked.

"He has spend a couple days with me already and now I want to learn some things from you. I never asked you in my old timeline because I didn't know if you were mad or upset with me," Jin Ling said.

"Why would I be mad or upset with you?" Baba asked.

"There were some misunderstandings between us back in my timeline. After about thirteen years of your death, you were brought back by a man named Mo Xuanyu. He was an illegitimate son of my grandfather's and he performed a sacrifice summon. It was to exchange his soul with yours so you can kill his enemies for him. If you failed, the summon would rip your soul apart and you would never be reborn.

During that time, I never knew it was actually you, and I had a serious grudge against you as I believed you were the reason my parents died...you were not, but I let that consume me so when I found out who you really were, I stabbed you. You never hated me for it though and you never reprimanded me. It was as if you could understand my confusion...I am very sorry, uncle Wei."

Baba sighed and took his hand, "since it has not happened yet, I cannot be upset with you, plus, you know what you did was wrong and you even found ways to make up for it. You are now married with my son and I am happy for you both. I cannot be upset over something that you felt. I lived through it, did I not?"

Jin Ling nodded, "Hanguang Jun took you away and patched you up. He was the only one who stuck by you when you were trying to clear your name. You were framed by Meng Yao, remember?"

"Oh, Lan Zhan stuck by me?" Baba asked.

"He did, when he first found you, he dragged you back here," I told him.

A'Die let out a soft laugh, "sounds like me."

"How did he know it was me?" Baba asked.

"Through a song he wrote for you. You and him were the only two who knew it. You played it and he knew it was you," I answered.

"Song?" He asked.

"Has A'Die not written it yet?" I asked, "he actually taught me to play it eventually."

"Lan Zhan?" Baba asked. A'Die just shrugged. I could tell that by his response, A'Die was not done writing it. It gave me the hint that he started it but does not wish to share it until he finishes writing it.