Chapter 35⚠️

⚠️Sensitive content in this chapter. Content includes topics of post trauma, panic attacks, anxiety, and paranoia, as well as other mental health disorders. Please read with caution⚠️
.
.
.
___________

Wei Wuxian didn't wake until the following morning. He was a bit confused as to where he was and what exactly happened. As his vision cleared of sleep, he sudden came to be looking at a face. Jingyi was sitting on the bed beside him and was very close to him, "you are awake," Jingyi said happily.

"Ugh, why are you the first person I am seeing?" Wuxian asked grumpily.

"Good morning to you too," Jingyi said, "You have been asleep for at least a whole day."

Wuxian looked up at the youth, "a day?" He asked and slowly sat up, "where I am anyway?"

"You are only now asking that question?" Jingyi asked as a reply.

"Also, why are you with me?" Wuxian asked.

"Jingyi, don't overwhelm A'Xian," Wuxian heard someone say from not far away. Wuxian looked up to see Lan Xichen walking into view, "Xichen-Ge, where is Lan Zhan?"

"He is bathing," Xichen answered, "good to see you are awake."

"Where are we?" Wuxian asked.

"Secret location," Jingyi replied.

"Is this where you have been hiding since the ambush?" Wuxian asked.

"Yes," Xichen answered, "how are you feeling?"

Wuxian actually had to take a minute to answer. He was checking over himself to make sure he was okay. That was when he remembered the incident with Wen Ruohan and the resentful energy. Wuxian looked up at Xichen a bit nervous, "ugh...that depends, am I going to be in trouble?" He asked.

"No, Wangji already informed me of everything, so you do not have to worry too much," Xichen said.

"But...I didn't know what I was doing. The resentment I mean...it was like I could hear it. It was telling me that it will be fine and I should let them help me. I do not understand what it was, but it happened to fast," Wuxian began to explain, "and Wen Zhuliu....Lan Zhan and I killed him...what will happen now? He and I could become targets by Wen Chao."

"Hey, try to relax, it will be alright," Xichen said.

Wuxian shook his head as he was desperately wanting to be in Wangji's arms at that moment. Being held by Wangji was the only way for him to feel grounded and safe. He could calm down much faster and he was soothed by Wangji's presence, his humming, and his arms firmly around him which made Wuxian feel like he was in the safest place on earth. He was close to panicking when he saw Wangji entering the room.

"Lan Zhan?!" Wuxian called out. He tried to get up but still felt weak to stand.

Wangji and Xichen caught him before he could fall to the floor, "Wei Ying, it's alright, I am right here," Wangji assured him.

Wuxian wrapped his arms around Wangji and shoved his face into Wangji's chest, "please hold me," Wuxian begged, "I need you to hold me."

Lan Wangji carefully lifts Wuxian off the ground and sits down on the bed with Wuxian on his lap. Wangji sat with his back leaning against the headboard of the bed, and Wuxian sat sideways on Wangji's lap. Wuxian still has his face shoved into Wangji's chest, while Wangji worked his left hand around Wuxian's waist, and his left hand was gently rubbing against his scalp, swirling his fingers through Wuxian's hair. Lan Xichen left the room with Jingyi to give the two some privacy.

"See, I am right here," Wangji assured him.

"I am sorry," Wuxian said.

"For what?" Wangji asked.

"For worrying you," Wuxian answered, "I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't want to do what I did but it was like I was doing it anyway. I am so sorry. I don't want to lose you."

"Shhh, it's alright, you will not lose me," Wangji assured him as he placed a kiss on top of Wuxian's head. Wangji could feel Wuxian panic and tremble in his arms. He was going to do what he could to calm him down, "I am right here. Just focus on me and try to recollect yourself."

Wei Wuxian started to take some deep breaths as he was trying to calm down. His trembling went away slowly and his breathing became more steady after a few minutes of focusing on Lan Wangji. Wuxian focused on Wangji's soothing heart beat as his ear was right above his heart. He also took him the soothing and spicy warm scent of sandalwood that always tended to attach to Wangji's robes.

Just as Wuxian expected, being in Lan Wangji's arms were his safe space. He could feel free to relax and calm down. Wuxian never understood why that was but he felt a sense of security as he was being held. The comfortable warmth that radiates from Wangji's body was also a soothing agent. Since Wuxian handled that resentment, he was a bit colder, so being snuggled up to Wangji was like snuggling up to nice warm teddy bear.

Wuxian let out another deep breath before he finally felt relaxed enough to talk, "thank you," Wuxian said calmly, "I do not know why but I do better with calming down when you hold me."

"I will remember that," Wangji said, "my arms are always open for you. Whatever happened in Qishan, is nothing to be ashamed of. If we are a target by Wen Chao, then you and I will have to fight. We were protecting ourselves."

Wuxian nodded and looked up into Wangji's eyes, "I scared you though, didn't I? Please be honest with me."

"I was worried but I also felt I could get you to come back to me. I watched you use it, and it was almost like you were a natural at using resentful energy. It was a bit strange honestly," Wangji explained.

"This is going to sound weird but it was like I could hear the Yin Shard talking to me. It was telling me that it would help me and it would help to protect you too. It was like it was only for that situation because once it was over I felt all that dark energy leave my body. Almost like it had fulfilled its purpose and then left," Wuxian explained.

"Maybe it just didn't want to be misused by Wen Ruohan and you used it to set it free," Wangji says, "there is no telling. What matters now is that we are safe. We are hiding away with Xiongzhang and Jingyi but I do not know how long we will be here."

"So what do we do now then?" Wuxian asked.

"We gather our strength back and recuperate. Once we are able, you and I can begin planning our next move. We both know that until Wen Chao is dead, everything will be chaos," Wangji replied.

Wuxian nodded, "so we stay hidden for now."

"Mnn, we could use this time to look through our things and see if we have anything useful," Wangji said.

"Well, Wen Chao is a bit of a coward but now that it's just him, there is no telling what will happen now. I just hope that he doesn't go after the sect again as it is still being rebuilt," Wuxian said.

"I sent a private message to Shufu explaining the situation. He wrote back saying that everything is fine and that he has everything handled for now," Wangji said.

"Alright," Wuxian said and rested his head on Wangji's shoulder, "I could fall back to sleep."

"You can, I will be here with you," Wangji assured him.

"I love you so much," Wuxian told him.

Wangji placed a kiss on Wuxian's lips, "I love you too."