Chapter 53

Wei Wuxian was sitting at a table at the main courtyard after returning from the keeper's place. He just had his final fitting for his wedding Hanfu, and he was over the moon with how beautiful they were. He was excited to see Wangji in his Hanfu as he was already such an ethereal beauty. Wangji was currently at his final fitting so Wuxian was just waiting for him to return. The two had planned to have lunch together in town after they finished their fittings. He was waiting for him as promised.

In the meantime, he had let TengFei and XingYun out. They sat perched nearby up on the roof of the Lanshi (Orchid room/Lecture hall). Wuxian was as happy as he had ever been. He has been told by Wangji that Xiandu will now be getting involved in the matter with the Jiangs. At first Wei Wuxian didn't want to do anything but that was before he learned the truth about his parents' final wishes and how Sect Leader Jiang Fengmian had let him down big time. He now wanted to press charges. It can't take back what happened to him but it can give him closure and even compensation for what happened.

TengFei and XingYun flew down to Wuxian and perched on the fence beside him. The table he was at was set beside it with a chair at each end. It was a good spot for a peaceful afternoon and maybe even some tea to pass the time. Wuxian held his arm out and the two ravens hopped on.

"They are quite magnificent creatures," Xichen said as he walked up to him.

Wuxian smiled, "they are, and I never thought I would have something like them."

"You created them, so I imagine you are more attached to them," Xichen said.

Wuxian nodded, "were you heading somewhere or do you have some time to sit with me?" He asked.

"I have some free time," Xichen said and sat across from him, "what are you doing here?"

"Lan Zhan is getting his final fitting for his Hanfu. Afterwards, he and I were going to head to town for lunch. It's been a while since the two of us had a time out together," Wuxian said.

Xichen nodded, "I see," he said, "I meant to thank you, by the way."

Wuxian was confused, "thank me? Why?"

"For helping him and making him happy," Xichen said, "before you two met he hardly ever interacted with anyone. He wouldn't even speak much with Shufu and me. Since you came, he has come out of his shell a bit more."

Wuxian smiled, "I don't think I did it, but maybe I was an influence. It was all on him to be who he is now. If me being beside him helped him then I am very grateful to help out. It's my duty as his partner. His happiness is also my happiness."

"I'm still thankful," Xichen said. He then noticed XingYun has been watching him.

"She likes you," Wuxian said, "and she wants you to hold her."

Xichen smiled and held out his hand. XingYun hopped over and perched on his wrist, "Hello sweetheart," Xichen said.

"It's interesting," Wuxian said, "though they are both very fond of me, XingYun has taken a liking to you whole TengFei has taken a liking to Lan Zhan. XingYun likes him of course but TengFei really likes being around Lan Zhan."

Xichen chuckled, "Wangji has this affinity with animals. Even animals are the same with him. It may be his aura they sense with him. He has always been well with them."

Wuxian nodded, "he does...at least he helps me with my fear of dogs issues by keeping them away."

"Have you thought about trying to overcome it?" Xichen asked.

"I want to, but I can't even be around a puppy without freaking out," Wuxian replied, "I was nearly killed by a wild hound when I was young. Uncle—Sect Leader Jiang found me in time and chased it off."

Xichen sent him a sympathetic smile, "I understand that you may still have some kindness towards him..no one will blame you for that. If he did treat you kindly despite knowing what you were going through."

"I want to be made at him but it's difficult. He was kind but he is just as afraid of his wife as everyone else is. Her own children are...Jiang Cheng may not admit it but it's true. I feel that if she was out of the picture, things would turn around for them and the sect," Wuxian explained.

"She will be getting the worst of the charges," Xichen informed, "Sect Leader Jiang will be charged with negligence and allowing this to happen and did nothing to stop it."

Wuxian nodded, "I understand," he said and decided to change the subject, "have you found Jingyi yet?"

"No, not yet," Xichen said, "but he was around the same age as Sizhui."

Wuxian nodded, "as much as Lan Zhan and I want him back, we decided that I would be taking a...contraceptive for our wedding night."

Xichen chuckled, "I understand, you two are still young and no one is pressuring you both for it."

Wuxian nodded, "that is true," he said just as TengFei took off. Wuxian watched him and saw him perch on someone's shoulder. Wuxian giggled as he saw it was Wangji's shoulder, "I see Lan Zhan has returned."

Wangji smiled and walked up to them, "it was a nice greeting by TengFei."

"He just likes his Daddy," Wuxian trashed.

Wangji sighed, "You better pray that you can even walk the next morning of our wedding."

Wuxian became silent at that comment. Wangji smirked as he watched Wuxian summon the ravens to return. The two birds disappeared with this tattoos on his wrists, "You will be busy taking care of me then," Wuxian warned.

"I am aware," Wangji said and turned to his brother, "Wei Ying and I will be back in a few hours."

"Enjoy your time out," Xichen told him, "you to A'Xian."

Wuxian nodded and watched him leave before leaving with Wangji to town.