Chapter 14

Wei Wuxian had some time yet before heading back to the Orchid room after lunch. He had some things on his mind since the last story session with Sizhui and Jin Ling. Hearing how he was berated so much in the future, especially if he stuck with living in Lotus Pier. Now he lives in Cloud Recesses...he has to really maintain a good reputation, and he worried about that. He has always been known for losing face, according to the Jiang's anyway.

He found Wangji back at the Jingshi and sat down beside him. He rested his head on Wangji's shoulder and hooked his arms around his arm, "Wei Ying, is everything alright?" Wangji asked.

Wuxian shook his head, "I am not okay," he said, "the words the boys said. I was berated and humiliated in their timeline. What if that happens in this timeline? What if I lose face for the Lan Sect? I have always been told that I would never amount to anything and I will lose face wherever I go."

"Those are the Jiang's words," Wangji said, "the Lan Sect will still stand with you and you are engaged to me. Anyone who tries to humiliate or insult you, will also be doing the same towards me and the Lan Sect. You are more protected here than you were with the Jiang's, I promise."

"Lan Zhan, before Sizhui and Jin Ling came here, you would not even look my way. We only interacted a couple times and those interactions were not very good. Our first meeting outside Cloud Recesses gates, the silencing charm...my breaking rules, then having to write...how are you so okay with me now?" Wuxian questioned.

Lan Wangji sighed, "Wei Ying, I am sorry for our early interactions. I hope you know that I am learning to adjust too. The day we met, you were already of interest to me. I just did not want to admit it. When I met Sizhui, my feelings became more clear. Yes we did not have a first good impression but every other time we have been okay. I care about you, I want you to know that."

Wuxian nodded, "you know, I was right about the future involving me so much...but why me?"

"I do not know," Wangji said, "you are a good person, Wei Ying. From what it seems, you have had a hard time only because you were involved with the Jiang's so much. There may be more to it but can you think about it, how do you think everything will play out now that you are with me, not them?"

Wuxian did think it was strange. Yes the choices were made by Wei Wuxian but the moment he was taken into Lotus Pier, nothing seemed to play out well for him. He is suddenly living in the Lan Sect, and he feels more at him and protected than he has ever felt.

"I suppose so, but then again, it seems that the Wen siblings are involved with me as well," Wuxian said.

"From what we know right now, the Wen Siblings are actually really kind and they do not want to follow what Wen Ruohan has planned," Wangji told him.

Wuxian nodded, "we should get back to the Orchid room soon," he said.

Wangji agreed as he and Wuxian decided to head out. The two left the Jingshi and made their way back to the lecture hall. Before getting too close, Wuxian pulled Wangji to the side for a moment and kissed him unexpectedly. Lan Wangji did not need much time to adjust as he was always prepared to take his lips whenever possible.

Lan Wangji held him close by wrapping his arms around Wuxian's waist. Wei Wuxian wrapped his arms around Wangji's neck. Wangji then pushed Wuxian back against the nearest tree. Neither of them wanting to break from the kiss. That simple touch of the lips brought the two into a new sense of reality. They were in the stars, floating, as if they were the moon, orbiting the planet creating a balance. They felt a balance between each other in their embrace.

That sensation felt good. They loved each other, and it felt as if they were lost in the moment. Being held in each other's arms gave them a sense of stability, warmth, comfort, and love. A spark of electricity sent through them as their tongues met. Twirling around and around and tangling together before falling, only to get up and twirl around again.

Lips twisted and turned, tongues twirled and tangled, and their hands remain steady. Wei Wuxian had his hands placed just under Lan Wangji's jaw, holding him by the neck but some fingers tangled into his hair. Lan Wangji had his arm wrapped firmly around Wei Wuxian. His left arm was underneath him while his right hand remained under his head. His thumb from his right hand occasionally sneaks up to brush against Wei Wuxian's skin just under his ear.

Finally, their lips pulled apart. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji panting for air from the long make out session they had. Wei Wuxian rested his head on Lan Wangji's chest as they held each other close. Wuxian could hear Wangji's heart beating steadily. A soothing rhythm that sent a warmth through him that felt calming and relaxing. Wuxian felt drawn to his heart beats.

"You have a wonderful, strong, and steady heart beat, Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian told him happily as they stood their holding each other.

"My heart now only beats for you, Wei Ying," He replied, "my heart was always empty before I met you, and now that I have you, it beats only for you."

Wei Wuxian pulled his head up and looked into Lan Wangji's golden eyes, "I love you so much, Lan Zhan."

Lan Wangji rested his forehead to Wuxian's and looked him in the eyes, "I love you too, Wei Ying."

Wei Wuxian giggled as the two kissed once more before the two finally decided to go to the Orchid room. They realized that they were they last two that had arrived and apologized for being tardy. Wangji could see a mischievous glint in Lan Xichen's eyes. He could tell that Lan Xichen might have caught them not long ago but left them alone. He and Wuxian will be hearing a lot of teasing about it later.