Chapter 20

~*Wei Wuxian's POV*~

When making a weapon, one must be considerate of the person they are making the weapon for. As I am making this weapon for both myself and Lan Zhan, I need to make this work properly and perfectly. With this guqin, it is already infused with the Lan cultivation base. I used the strings to actually make rings that can be used as a whip. I made one for me and one for Lan Zhan.

The whips are infused with our spiritual energy, and once that happens, it will become a spiritual whip suitable for the person's cultivation. Lan Zhan's cultivation is light, music, and a few others that can later be learned, such as ice and water manipulation. Infusing Lan Zhan's energy with his whip, it will be an Ice Based whip. When hit by the whip, it will leave a frostbite as which in turn does extreme damage to the skin...not to mention that the ring itself is made of wire strings from the guqin. The final product actually had it looks silver and blue. Lan Zhan can name it whatever he wants.

 Lan Zhan can name it whatever he wants

(Wangji's ring)

My ring looked similar but is was black and silver. The effects of the whip were fire. I found it interesting as Fire was the element that connected with me most. Lan Zhan was ice while I was fire. I could only laugh at that thought. So my whip was fire based, which can leave third to fourth degree burns. I named my whip Dìyù (Inferno).

 I named my whip Dìyù (Inferno)

(Wuxian's Ring)

The rest of the guqin I wanted to use to make something that can help communicate with spirits. As inquiry is one of the special abilities that the Lan disciples can learn, I thought it would be useful to make something to always have on you so you can see and speak to them. It would make it so much more convenient then setting up the guqin to play inquiry. They were another set of rings as they are simple to use and wear. I made two white jade bands. Once I finished making them, I showed them to Lan Zhan.

"Wei Ying is very talented," he said

"Aiyo, no need to flatter me," I said shyly, "you should name your whip, mine is called Dìyù."

"How about Táiyuán (Tundra)," he suggested, "the inquiry rings can just be called Xúnwèn (Inquiry)."

"Sure," I said and placed the rings on my right hand. Lan Zhan did the same, "now that I finished these, we should be good to travel soon."

"On our way to find the iron, we can stop over at Yiling to get Bamboo for your flute," Lan Zhan said.

"Okay," I nodded, "Jin Ling, Sizhui and Jingyi all seem to want to go...I don't think it will be a problem. It could be a learning experience for them."

Lan Zhan nodded, "I will talk to Xiongzhang about it, but I am sure it will be fine."

"I want to thank you for putting up with me for the past few days while I worked...I forgot that I forget about myself when I work. I just get so engrossed in what I am doing I do not think about anything else," I told him, "Shijie had scolded me a couple times for neglecting my health when I make charms or something."

"It is alright," he said, "it is a side of you that I would have to see eventually, but I am here. I will not let you neglect your health while you work, even if I have to feed you myself and drag you to bed."

I laughed, "you did do that. I owe you."

"The rings you made are payment enough. We do not owe each other anything for taking care of one another. Especially when the other needs it," he said, "I am always happy to help you."

I smiled and moved to sit on his lap, "you seemed to have gotten used to me being around you very quickly," I said.

"I am trying to make up for my behavior towards you when we first met. I know I hurt you and I am sorry," he said.

I shook my head, "Lan Zhan, I know how annoying I can get. People tell me all the time. If I am bothering you or there is something that I am doing that is upsetting you, please tell me."

"You do not bother me, Wei Ying," he said, "when we first met outside the gates, I actually wanted to let you in but I was too rigid and stuck on my teachings that I didn't give in. My thoughts became so loud the moment we met. It was a new experience for me and I am still learning and adjusting. You are being patient with me and I am grateful for that."

I placed a kiss on his cheek, "Lan Zhan, I found you interesting because of who you are and how you did things. I thought to myself, 'how can someone so boring be so interesting?' And the more I am around you, the more my heart falls for you."

He let out a soft chuckle, "and I thought, 'how can someone be so shameless and mischievous?' But I fell for you, and you are so beautiful as well."

I sighed, "Lan Zhan, you need to warn me before you call me something like that, I am not sure if my heart can handle it," I teased.

"I think you have a strong heart," he said, "you can definitely handle more sweet talk."

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and pull me closer to him. Before I could say another word, his lips were on mine. I swear anytime I kiss this man my mind goes blank. Every coherent thought I have just becomes a scrambled mess. Though, I was just so drunk on his lips that I could get lost in them for hours. Being close to him like this makes me feel comfortable and safe. I can always feel his spiritual essence running through him, and he has a strong amount of energy.

My hands moved up behind his neck and I let my fingers tangle within his hair. Here in his arms, in this particular moment, I felt what home really was. Home was not necessary a house with a roof over my head, but it can be in someone as well. A home is what gives you comfort and stability, and that is actually how I feel right now in Lan Zhan's arms.

By the time we parted, his forehead rested on mine as we gathered our breathing, "this is everything I need, right here," I told him, "when we finished with all this mess that is to come, I want to marry you. I want yo spend my forever with you, Lan Zhan."

"And you can and you will," he said, "I am not ever going to let you go."