Chapter 28

Everyone met up in the Orchid Room after a few days to give Wuxian some time to rest after what he went through. He was doing okay but he was just a bit quieter than usual. Lan Jingyi sat beside Sizhui and Jin Ling but he was pouting and his arms were folded across his chest.

Wuxian couldn't help but tease the boy as it actually brightened up his day a bit, "Jingyi, what is the matter with you?" Wuxian asked.

"I don't get punished by A'Die in my timeline when I tease him but he punishes me in this timeline! It's not my fault he can't handle my teasing," Jingyi said, "maybe all those years without a partner is the reason for it."

Wuxian laughed. Lan Wangji shook his head and looked at his brother, "you can punish him more you know," Wangji said.

"I know, and I am tempted to do that," Xichen said.

"Stop being a lonely grumpy old man," Jingyi said.

"That just landed you five copies of Virtues by tomorrow morning," Xichen said.

"Tomorrow!" Jingyi asked.

"Should I make it ten and by tomorrow?" Xichen asked.

Lan Qiren found it amusing to see his nephew teasing the future generation, "well, since we are here, why don't we discuss the next events that are to come," he said, "we can go back to teasing Jingyi later."

"What?!" Jingyi asked loudly.

"Now it is fifteen but you can have an extra day," Xichen said. Jingyi just went back to pouting and shut his mouth as he knew he wasn't going to win.

"So, the yearly discussion conference is coming up in about a month, which means it is also the yearly archery competition. The juniors from the other timeline do not have to participate if you do not want to," Qingheng Jun said, "and since it is Wuxian's first time at the competition as a member of the sect, you can choose if you want to participate as well."

"If it's alright, my A'Die said I can join him at the competition," Jin Ling said, "so I will be representing my sect. Sizhui can choose who he wants to represent."

"If it's alright, I'd like to be with my husband," Sizhui said.

"Of course, did you two want to go to Lanling for a bit to spend time with your father?" Qingheng Jun asked.

Jin Ling and Sizhui looked at each other, "it would be the first time I would meet my grandfather though I'm not sure how that would go. A'Die sent me a letter saying he told his father about me so Jin Guangshan is patiently waiting to meet me and my husband," Jin Ling said, "I think for the next month we should spend time there."

"That is fine," Qingheng Jun said.

"I will participate," Jingyi said, "if that is alright."

"Of course," Qingheng Jun said.

Everyone then looked at Wuxian who seemed to still be thinking about whether he wants to compete or not, "I'd be wearing Gusu robes and I would be fully representing the sect?" Wuxian asked in confirmation.

"Of course, you are family," Qingheng Jun said, "you and Wangji are just not old enough to marry yet."

Lan Xichen chuckled as he took a sip of his tea. Wuxian looked at him, "where is your partner?" He teased.

Xichen glared at Wuxian, "don't make me make you write as well."

"Wangji is the only one who has authority to punish A'Ying," Qingheng Jun said with a sly grin on his face, "and he isn't wrong. Do I need to set you up on some blind dates? Do you prefer men or women?"

"Fuqin!" Xichen said.

"It's the truth," Qingheng Jun said, "I'd hate for you to be single forever."

"I will not, it just cannot be rushed," Xichen said.

Qingheng Jun laughed and looked at Wuxian, "what do you say? Want to compete?"

"Just as long as I can stick close to Lan Zhan, I would be happy to compete," Wuxian said.

"Mnn, you can stay close to me," Wangji said.

"Alright," Qingheng Jun said, "since the yin iron is gone, this will also give us some insight on what Wen Ruohan might be up to right now."

"If only we had an easier way of knowing," Wuxian mumbled quietly to himself.

"What?" Wangji asked.

"Huh?" Wuxian looked at him, "oh, nothing, just thinking."

"Mnn, don't think too hard. Your brain is already too complex and cluttered," Wangji said.

"Aiyo! I know that. You do not have to remind me," Wuxian said, "you know how hard it is for me to sit still long enough to meditate? I haven't meditated properly since I was maybe ten or eleven."

"How is your core so strong if you do not meditate?" Xichen asked.

"I guess I just trained quite often," Wuxian replied, "I'd stay up late at night teaching myself sword drills and I even created my own fighting techniques. I would go to sleep only for a couple hours and I'd wake up early and go for a run or something. I'd spend extra hours at the archery grounds or work with someone on my hand to hand combat. I'd go on night hunts, a lot of times I'd go at night so I'd go alone. With the way Madam Yu Treated me, some of the healers thought that my endurance has improved due to her."

Everyone just stared at Wuxian for a good moment. It did explain a lot. Wei Wuxian mastered the six arts, and he was very successful for a cultivator his age. He was only sixteen and he cultivated that of someone who was maybe twice or many three times his age.

"Well, if you wish to learn to improve your meditation skills, I am sure Wangji can help you," Qingheng Jun said.

"Mnn, maybe soul calming music will help you," Wangji said.

"Maybe," Wuxian said.

"Alright," Qingheng Jun said, "after the archery competition, we will have a few months before the ambushes start. We will have been prepared by then. As for the indoctrination, they take the disciple's swords away so if you can find a solution, we will try to help."

"I have talismans that can duplicate weapons to make them look identical, the only difference will be that if the sword has a spirit, the duplicate will not. It will be just an ordinary sword, and not have the same effects as the original sword. But it could work as we could hide our real swords in a Qiankun bag or something and use the fake swords to hand over so we do not have to worry about losing our weapons," Wuxian explained.

"You can do that?" Xichen asked.

"Mnn," Wuxian nodded, "I have also been looking into accessories that can be used as storage. Similar to the Qiankun pouch, it could be a storage ring or maybe even a bracelet or necklace. You could story whatever you want and you'd have everything with you. It would be more convenient then a Qiankun bag."

"Well, if you need anything, do no hesitate to ask," Qingheng Jun said, "we have a space being built for you so it will take a little while before it is complete."

"You are actually making me my own workshop?" Wuxian asked.

"Of course," Qingheng Jun said, "it was Wangji's idea. Apparently you have one in your son's current timeline so why not make one for you in this timeline."

"I really appreciate it," Wuxian said.

"It is not a problem," Qingheng Jun said, "as a member of the sect, it will only make so for you wanting to contribute. Helping you have your own place to work is just something that should be done. After all, we need a place where you won't blow up a building."

Wuxian giggled, "hey, making talismans and charms are tricky."

"I know," Qingheng Jun said, "which is why we are making this place damage proof."

"Well, I appreciate that too," Wuxian said.

"Mnn," Wangji nodded. After the meeting, everyone went back to their respective duties. Wangji and Wuxian went back to the Jingshi. Wuxian just wanted to spend time with Wangji.