Chapter 5 ⚠️

⚠️Sensitive material in this chapter include, topics and descriptions of depression, verbal and emotional abuse, depression, and descriptions of abuse/child neglect and abuse. Please read with caution⚠️
.
.
.
__________

Wei Wuxian was always known as a social butterfly. After that first meeting and hearing the start of the future to come, Wei Wuxian started to become distant. He realized that there was probably a reason his son and Jin Ling of all people came back in time. He knew that Sizhui said something to Lan Wangji as Wangji has been keeping a close watch on him since Sizhui has arrived. Wei Wuxian sat by himself today during lunch. He kept his distance. Lan Wangji glanced at him but then glanced at Yu Ziyuan. She looked like she was fuming.

Did she do or say something to Wei Ying? Just then, Wangji glanced back at Wuxian and saw tears falling. Wangji was so struck by surprise...since when does Wei Ying cry.

Wangji placed his hand in his chest as he felt like he was suffocating, "Wangji, are you okay?" Xichen asked him. Wangji shook his head and nudged his head for Xichen to look. Xichen turned and saw what his brother saw, Wei Wuxian crying, "what happened?"

Wei Wuxian stood up and left the dining hall. Lan Wangji was worried and went after him. He ended up following him and stopped outside Wangji's house, Jingshi. He was surprised to see Wuxian stop here, to be honest.

"Wei Ying, what happened?" Wangji asked calmly.

"Lan Zhan? I feel like something is wrong and I don't know what it is," Wuxian said, "so far what the two boys have said, I seem to be involved and I don't know if I am going to like what I hear? Madam Yu already yelled at me! She hates me and said she knows that something in the future involves me and that if it is something terrible, she will not hesitate to kill me...please Lan Zhan, I know you hate me, but please help me."

Lan Wangji became desperate and pulled the man into a hug, "I will help you, and I do not hate you. You have to tell me what all she has done and tell Xiongzhang and Shufu. That is how we can protect you. I do not hate you. We don't know each other much yet but for our son, we will get through this...please stay with me at the Jingshi."

"Are...are you sure you want me under the same roof as you?" Wuxian asked.

"Better than with the Jiangs," Wangji said, "and I mean what I say."

Wei Wuxian nodded though he was still a bit hesitant, "Okay, will you come with so I can get my things and then we can talk with your family," Wuxian suggested.

"Mnn, come," Wangji said holding out his hand.

Wuxian looked at Wangji's hand and blushed, "you want me to hold your hand? What will others say? You told me to get lost a few times."

"I apologize for my behavior and actions towards you. I just need to adjust to your personality," Wangji said taking his hand, "and let them see. I want others to know that you belong to me."

Wuxian couldn't help but giggle a bit as Wangji dragged Wuxian to his guest room. The Jiang's were already inside talking as the two entered, the only one not their was Jiang Fengmian who was trying to persuade Qingheng Jun to leave seclusion. They were surprised to see Lan Wangji with Wei Wuxian.

"What is the meaning of this Wei Wuxian?" Madam Yu asked angrily as she saw Wangji holding Wuxian's hand.

"I'm staying with Lan Zhan, as he is the father of my child, we need to be together," Wuxian said calmly, "and I secede from the Jiang Clan. That way whatever is said by Sizhui and Jin Ling, will not affect the sect. I don't have your name, I don't have your robes, I am just your shield you raise for your children and I am done with you all."

"A'Xian, what do you mean?" Yanli asked.

"Save it, Jiang Guniang, you know what your mother does to me, though you are not strong to help me, you let it happen and you let Jiang Gongzi treat me just the same. I am no longer your Shidi, I am just Wei Gongzi to you all," Wuxian said and gathered his things and turned to leave.

"You son of a servant, for all that we have done for you!" Madam Yu yelled.

"Like what? Whipped me with Zidian anytime I achieve something before your precious son? Anytime I take blame for your children so that they avoid disciplinary actions and I take them instead. The Jiang Sect would not be held together of it were not for me. As I do everything for you all anyway. Train your disciples, go gather your goods and shipments, deal with everything while you walk all over me like a doormat." Wei Wuxian said, "I'm grateful for the roof over my head the little food I ate a day, but I am no longer your puppet to control!"

"What's going on here?" Jiang Fengmian asked as he entered with Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren, including Qingheng Jun.

"Sect Leader Jiang, I will tell you what I told your wife, for the love of my son, A'Yuan, and the little respect left that I have for myself, I am seceding the Jiang Sect. I am no longer your shield for your children and a whipping post for your wife to use when she is angry. I wonder if this is the reason my father really left the Jiang Sect...for unfair treatment towards the head disciple. I am not even your adopted son, I do not have your name, your robes, I don't even have your damn clarity bell. I am called son of a servant and worthless to everyone in the sect. I do not want to be apart of your family. Your wife threatened me just before lunch. Saying if the future has sometime bad involving me she will kill me without a second thought," Wei Wuxian explained, tears pouring down his face, and his body trembling with sadness and anger.

Lan Wangji pulled Wei Wuxian into his arms to calm him down and looked at his brother and uncle for help, "as he is Lan Wangji's soulmate and has a son with him, he can be apart of the Lan sect. If he wants Lan robes, we will get them for him, if he wants the Lan Name, he will have to marry my son first, but I never would have thought my dearest friend would abuse our Changze's and Cangse's son like this," Qingheng Jun, also known as Lan Lijun, (Lijun means ruler of logic), said.

"Fuqin?" Wangji asked.

"Take Wei Wuxian back to your room Wangji, and we can talk shortly," Lan Lijun said.

"Thank you," Wangji said and helped Wei Wuxian back to the Jingshi. Wei Wuxian sat down at the table beside Wangji trying to calm down, "will you be okay?"

"I will be, thank you for helping me....even though I did most of the talking," Wuxian said.

Wangji nodded, "is it true...the abuse?"

Wuxian nodded, "I am sorry I am not what you probably want in a partner, but I will be loyal to you, that is my promise."

"You are more than I could ever ask for in a partner," Wangji said, "smart, cute and handsome, a talented cultivator, and can match me in a spar any day."

Wuxian giggled, "I didn't even take out my sword, how do you know if we really match?"

"Then we will have a proper spar," Wangji said.

"If I teach you the sword style I taught myself, can you teach me the Lan sword style?" Wuxian asked.

"Yes....wait you made your own techniques and style?" Wangji asked.

"The Jiang family swordsmanship was not to my liking and my sword has a spirit. Suibian didn't like it at all," Wuxian said.

"Suibian?" Wangji asked.

Wuxian showed Wangji is sword, "Suibian is the name of my sword...it was my mother's before me. Uncle Jiang had it and gave it to me when I was old enough...I never came to know how he had her sword and I never questioned why she named the sword Suibian, but I like it. I feel like it suits me."

"It does," Wangji said as a small smile appeared on his face, "and I look forward to your teachings."