Chapter 59

"To sum things up, your son and his husband who happens to be your Shijie's son came from a future timeline where you lost basically everything, including your ability to properly cultivate and instead take the unorthodox path and use resentful energy to save your life only for the sects to turn against you anyway all due to greed. Since it didn't happen when they told you, you changed things and got a different outcome. You left the Jiang Sect and lived in the Lan Sect and you went through the war as an engaged couple. You are now married and you are still having some issues with the Jiang Sect today?" Baoshan explained.

"That's pretty much it," Wuxian said, "Lan Zhan and I have been together since the boys came. He and his family helped me get back on my feet. Madam Yu was verbally and physically abusive and Sect Leader Jiang knew it but did nothing about it. He was there when my parents died and promised them to protect me and keep me safe."

"Some promise," Lan Zhan said.

Baoshan grinned at him, "You seem to have strong opinions of them. For a sect who has a rule that says they cannot be petty no matter how much they dislike someone, you tend to ignore it to some extent."

"If Wei Ying is involved, then rules do not exist," Wangji declared.

Wuxian looked at Wangji and let out a sigh, "Lan Zhan, do you have to be so sweet all the time? How many times have I told you my heart can't handle it?"

"You will be fine," Wangji said.

Wuxian looked at Baoshan, "this is what I deal with now," he told her.

"Good, you deserve it, both of you do," she said, "it's not every day you find such a good match. You two must be very compatible. Did you two create a soul-bond?"

"There is a bond between us but it's subtle still," Wangji replied.

"It will grow stronger with time," Baoshan assured them, "as long as it's there."

"Since we met we had a slight pull towards each other," Wuxian said, "well, I had a pull to him, I'm not sure if he felt it."

"I did," Wangji said.

"If you can, I'd like you two to stay for a few weeks. I'd like to work with you on your training and maybe help you both deepen that bond," Baoshan explained, "you two are strong cultivators so I believe you are both eligible for immortality."

"Immortality?" Wuxian asked surprised.

"It's my wedding gift to you," Baoshan said, "I have ways to help you achieve it."

Wangji and Wuxian looked at each other and nodded before looking back at her, "we would love to take your offer. We can send a message to Lan Zhan's brother and uncle to let them know we will be away longer than expected."

"How is that uncle of yours?" Baoshan asked curiously.

"He is still strict on his teachings but he has come to like Wei Ying. I think my father had some sort of part in that," Wangji said.

"Your father, how is he?" Baoshan asked, "I heard he came out of seclusion a while back."

"During the war...he was killed by a member of the sect who betrayed us," Wangji explained.

"I'm so sorry, my dear," Baoshan said.

"It is alright, I am just glad that I got to make amends with him before he died," Wangji said, "he also liked Wei Ying. Let him call him Fuqin."

"I know my daughter and her husband were good friends with your parents back then," Baoshan said, "I am glad that he had some time with you and your brother."

Wangji nodded and smiled at her.

"Wai Po, can I ask you something?" Wuxian asked.

"Of course," she replied.

"My son said that I took to resentful energy well before but that was because I didn't have a core. I have my core now and I can still use it, not that I want to," Wuxian explained, "is there a reason it takes to me so much?"

"There are some people in this world who are lucky to have the ability to use both energies," Baoshan said, "they are known as Yin and Yang masters. They rarely appear. It usually passes down through blood. Your mother did not have this trait but I do. It is something I can help you control and learn if you wish to. Yin and Yang masters are there to create balance within the cultivation world. Those who try to use it who do not have that trait will only be driven into madness."

"My son said he can use it," Wangji said.

"He did?" Wuxian asked.

"I had some time alone with him. He was worried about you and wanted to make sure I knew what was going on," Wangji told him.

"Oh," Wuxian said.

"Speaking of, it is only Yin and Yang masters if they are male, have the gift to conceive. I am fine as I am a female but any male yin and yang master in the past, had the privilege of having biological children. It is to keep the bloodline going. If your son can use it in the future, he will be the same. It will be something that you need to be aware of."

"Okay," Wuxian said, "I have yet to determine if I am actually pregnant. It's only been a few days since we married."

"You two were together for a good few years before you married and you still waited until marriage to dual cultivate?" Baoshan asked.

"We were a both only sixteen when we started courting each other. We are now in our twenties. We also didn't want to risk me getting pregnant before marriage. It could have caused issues," Wuxian explained.

"I am just impressed is all," Baoshan said, "you both seem to be the type of couple that can't keep their hands off each other."

Wuxian blushed, "sure."

Baoshan laughed, "since you both are still on your little honeymoon, and you have a few days left. I will let you go back to your little cabin you rented for as long as you paid for. Once that comes to an end, you two can come back here. I'm sure you want some more privacy for a few more days and also make sure your money isn't wasted on that place."

"Okay," Wuxian said, "we will see you in a few days then?"

"Yes, in the meantime send a message to your family to let them know of my plans for you both," Baoshan said.

"We will," Wangji said.

With that, Baoshan helped guide them through the forest and back to their rented cabin. Wangji and Wuxian will also want to talk about some things before they proceed with Baoshan's plans.