Chapter 63

Wangji and Wuxian spent a week training after they gained immortality. It was to get used to the newfound strength and power they now possess. Learning about their abilities takes time and patience and it has to be done on their own. Baoshan can give guidance but in the end, it was now a new journey for Wangji and Wuxian.

"My A'Jie's wedding is coming up soon," Wuxian said, "we will have to return to Gusu soon."

"You two are both welcome to visit anytime you want. Just please do not bring strangers here. The last thing I want is cultivators knocking at my door," Baoshan said.

"We will be considerate," Wuxian said and hugged her, "thank you so much for this gift of immortality. We will treasure it. We will also keep you updated on my pregnancy. I'm sure you'd like to meet your great grandson."

"You know I would," She said, "be safe, okay."

"Okay, and I will also tell you when the trial for the Jiangs is. The Chief cultivator is involved so we have to do things properly," Wuxian said.

"Who is the Chief? I'd like to speak with him about this matter," Baoshan questioned.

"Chifeng Zun, from the Nie Sect," Wuxian said, "he is actually a good leader."

"I know where to find him, I will see you soon then," Baoshan said, "you two Wangji, take care of yourselves."

"We will," Wangji said. With that, he and Wuxian teleport back to Cloud Recesses. They landed straight in the Jingshi.

"Home," Wuxian said with a smile, "I missed it."

Wangji smiled, "I am glad you are finally calling Cloud Recesses home," Wangji said.

"My home is wherever you are," Wuxian said and hugged him, "we should go let Xichen-Ge and Shufu know we are home. A'Jie's wedding is in a week or so."

"They also need to know about A'Yuan," Wangji said.

"That is true," he said, "we should try to get in contact with Wen Qing. I trust the healers here, it's just that in the past timeline, she was involved with A'Yuan's birth."

"We can talk to her," Wangji said, "let's go see Shufu and Xiongzhang."

"Wait," Wuxian said stopping Wangji from leaving.

"What?" He asked.

Wuxian wrapped his arms around Wangji's neck, "we are alone, can I at least have a kiss before we go?" He asked.

Wangji smiled and pulled Wuxian closer to him, "you do not have to ask me for permission to kiss me, you can just kiss me," Wangji said.

"I will remember that," Wuxian said and pulled him down to kiss him.

The two were finally married and expecting their first child. There was definitely going to be some roadblocks in this but together they can protect each other. They were immortal and soul-bonds. They could now do things that others could only ever dream of doing. The two were lost in their own world, being trapped a euphoric bliss just from a touch of the lips and a taste of their love. The two got so into it that their robes were off and their plans to meet up with Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen were put on hold at the moment.

Wangji and Wuxian ended up having to meet up with Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen the next day. When the two woke, they took a bath and dressed before heading out to the dining hall for breakfast. Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen spotted the two when they entered the hall and were actually surprised to see them. So after breakfast they went to the Yashi and talked for a while.

"When did you two get back?" Xichen asked.

"Yesterday...but it was later in the evening so we didn't want to risk disturbing anyone who was preparing for bed," Wuxian answered...slightly lying and they arrived in the afternoon yesterday but they got...distracted but they didn't want Xichen and Lan Qiren to know that.

"I see," Xichen said with a smile and looked at his uncle. Lan Qiren too was a bit smug. They were both sure that Wuxian was lying somewhat as there was some hesitation in his speaking but they both let it go. They were newlyweds after all.

"We actually have a few things to discuss," Wangji said, "you know we ran into Baoshan Sanren."

"Yes, you were kind enough to send us a letter to let us know your vacation was extended a bit," Lan Qiren said.

"She helped us gain immortality as a wedding gift," Wuxian explained, "she also said she would like to be present when we face the Jiangs."

"Congratulations on your new cultivation status," Lan Xichen said, "and we will gladly keep her updated."

Wuxian smiled, "she also confirmed that..I am pregnant with A'Yuan," he shared.

"How did she do that?" Lan Qiren asked.

"She has this talisman in which you put a drop of blood on it and it will tell you if you are pregnant or not, and depending on the color, it indicates the gender as well. It was confirmed that the baby is a boy," Wuxian explained.

"We are happy that the little one is on the way then," Xichen said, "he has a lot of potential."

"We are very happy," Wangji said.

"Have you heard anything on my A'Jie's wedding?" Wuxian asked.

"We received the invitation while you two were away," Xichen said, "it's next week. Will you be okay to travel?"

"Of course, I will be okay for a few months yet but after that I will probably stay more within the sect until A'Yuan is born. I do not mind, it's safer for the baby," Wuxian said.

"We will have to be careful at Yanli's wedding. It is in Lanling. I know Jin Zixuan is now the sect leader but his father still hangs around. Not to mention, the Jiangs will also more than likely be there. We will have talismans on us to check food and drinks. Who knows what could happen," Xichen explained.

"As much as I am hoping for a peaceful day, I actually agree with you," Wuxian said, "until the issue with the Jiangs is resolved, I do not think I will be completely comfortable in any location where they are. Jin Guangshan is also another matter. He hasn't caused problems but he has been known to do stupid things at times."

"We will make sure you are safe, A'Ying," Xichen said, "just stay close to Wangji."

"I will," Wuxian said, "I promise."