Chapter 26

~*Author's POV/3rd POV*~

After a couple days as promised, Wuxian went back to Cloud Recesses with Wangji. Once inside the sect, Wuxian was holding onto Wangji's robes so tightly that his knuckles turned white. Wangji could tell that Wuxian was terrified but Wangji sent a message secretly back to his brother telling him that he found Wuxian and asked not to reprimand him when they returned. Xichen knew that Wuxian was afraid of something which caused him to disappear so he and everyone else understood what Wangji was trying to say.

Within that message, Wangji briefed Xichen on what Wuxian was currently dealing with. His current existential crisis was a fear that swallowed every single ounce of him. Xichen passed that on to Qingheng Jun and Lan Qiren. They began to understand how terrified Wei Wuxian must really be. With the knowledge of what he was to go through in the future was not something anyone should ever have to go through at all, but the fact that one alternate reality was one that was consumed by war, pain, greed, and hatred.

When Wangji and Wuxian entered the Yashi (Elegance Room), Lan Qiren, Qingheng Jun, and Lan Xichen could see just how withdrawn and scared Wuxian really was. Wuxian had a right to be afraid, as he had already lost his biological parents and then was put in a place that was supposed to be a home but was far from that. Wuxian was now in a new place to call home and everyone could tell that Wuxian feared losing it.

Wuxian stood before everyone and bowed to them, "I am sorry I left the way that I did. My fears consumed me and it clouded my judgment. I thought running was better then to talk about my fears because I am still not used to sharing how I feel so openly. I am sorry I worried you all and I will accept a punishment if need be."

As Wuxian stood up straight, Lijun (Qingheng Jun), pulled the younger into a comforting hug, "we are not going to reprimand you for acting out of fear. Fear has a way to cloud a person's mind and it can consume you. We are here to listen, A'Ying," he said.

"Thank you, Fuqin," Wuxian replied as he hugged him in return.

Lijun had Wuxian and Wangji sit down and let Wuxian talk about what was bothering him, "I know I could have just talked to you all about this but I got scared. My mind got clustered with thoughts that I was just too overwhelmed. I got to thinking of how Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan are alive in Sizhui's current timeline now. If they are now alive, I just felt it had something to do with me leaving the Jiang Sect. The next thing I know, I began to panic, thinking that the downfall wouldn't be on the Jiang's but the Lan Sect. I began to basically visualize this entire sect up in flames, blood, and ash, and I was a huge part of the reason behind it. I know the Yin Shards are take care of but I just fear that I will still end up harming more people then I would expect."

"A'Ying, it is only natural for you to feel panicked and overwhelmed. Yes we do wish that you came to us about this right away but you didn't know if it was best to come forward. If we made it seem like it is still a bit difficult to be open with us, then we will have to work harder to fix that. We want you to be able to come to us when you are struggling with something like this," Lijun said, "as for your fears of this sect, I do not believe you are the reason for anything that happened in Sizhui's current timeline. Many people like to find an excuse to cover the real reason for their actions. The Wen Sect is what caused all this and you were involved only because you wanted to protect people."

"Honestly, if I remember correctly, Sizhui said the Wen Sect ambushed Cloud Recesses because of the Yin shard and that the indoctrination was starting soon. The Wen Sect wanted to prove a point by saying they had power. We were just blindsided. We are now aware of what is to come and we have already begun to make preparations for those events." Xichen explained.

Wei Wuxian remained silent as he didn't know what to say. He just felt that someone would somehow put blame and fault on him and it would cause a lot of harm to so many people. Lijun noticed that Wuxian was still confused about this. He didn't want the boy to feel this way but he felt that his fears were justified and because of his abuse that he already endured by Madam Yu at Lotus Pier, is the reason for his continued fear.

"Okay, let me put it this way," Lijun said, "Madam Yu had always placed blame on you for almost everything, and it would make sense that you would find a reason for the war this is coming to be blamed on you. This war started because of a stupid piece of metal and a man's lust for more power and control. It is just wrong to put blame on a single person just for an excuse when there is no reason to place the blame for to begin with.

You are not a curse, A'Ying, and you are not going to fight this alone. We here at the Lan Sect, are much different than that so called Jiang sect. We do not single one person, and we treat everyone equally. You are a part of this family, A'Ying. You are engaged to my son, you wear our robes, and you never have to worry about losing this home because you will always have us to rely on. You are a good man, A'Ying, and I couldn't have asked for a better son-in-law."

Wuxian nodded, "thank you," he said, "I guess Madam Yu always threatening me that I would get kicked out of the sect one day was what caused me to panic. I'd get punished by her so often and I never understood why. She would find an excuse to punish me too, even if it is over something small. A lot of times she would have me locked in my room for a week at a time, no food, and no water, and she would tell me if she found out I'd done anything wrong during those punishments, she'd make sure I would regret it."

"So it would seems she just dangled that over your head constantly...and Sect Leader Jiang would just let this happen?" Lijun asked.

"It would only be when he was out of the sect for conference meetings as those usually took a week long. When he was gone, I would be forced to work more then usual. I wasn't allowed to leave the sect and her personal minions, Jinzhu and Yinzhu were always watching me and I would have no idea where they'd be watching me from," Wuxian explained.

Lijun sighed, "the fact that you have endured this for so long makes me feel sick to my stomach. Your father was never treated to such an extent but then again, he was pretty secretive and kept a lot of things to himself. I think it changed when he met Cangse. He left the sect not long after meeting her. It seemed to have caused an issue between him and Jiang Fengmian but even more so Yu Ziyuan was furious. Though she was always complaining that Jiang Fengmian and your mother were having an affair but I can guarantee is not true."

"Fuqin, can't we do something about this, like ask the Jiang's for compensation for the pain they caused him?" Wangji asked as he held onto Wuxian's hand.

"As a matter of fact, we can," Lijun said, "though no amount of compensation or money will ever take back what happened but it is a start. It is up to you, Wuxian if you want to have them pay you back for the damage they caused you."

"Can I think on it?" Wuxian asked, "I know the right thing to do is say yes but I don't want this to come back to bite me."

"We will make sure that they never hurt you again, A'Ying," Lijun told him, "for now, you and Wangji can go back to the Jingshi to rest and think it over. Let me know in a few days what you have decided. I will also have someone bring food to you."

"Thank you, Fuqin," Wangji said. Lijun nodded and watched Wangji and Wuxian leave. He was worried that it will take a lot of time for Wuxian to recover from this. He will do what he can to help the boy though, he did not want his best friend's son to suffer like this anymore.