Chapter 2

"A'Yuan, I know I said I'd take Fairy, but I left her with Uncle Jiang. I want to try to do this hunt with you without her. To prove that I do not need a dog to hunt at night hunt," Jin Ling said.

"A'Ru, I am okay with it but why would you want to prove yourself. You are such a good cultivator," Sizhui told him.

"As my husband, you are obligated to say that," Jin Ling said.

"Am I?" Sizhui asked with a teasing tone.

"A'Yuan," Jin Ling said.

"Yes A'Ru?" Sizhui asked.

"Nothing....where should we go for our hunt this time?" He asked.

"Is there anywhere specific you want to go?" Sizhui asked.

"Let's go to Baifeng," Jin Ling said, "there is always good game there."

Sizhui nodded and the two flew to Mount Baifeng, "you know, my parents told me they had their first kiss here," Sizhui said.

"Did they?" Jin Ling questioned.

"I thought maybe you'd know about it too as it happened during a night hunt competition here," Sizhui said.

"Uncle Jiang told me about the prey that Uncle Wei gathered and some of the events that happened but not about the kiss," Jin Ling said.

"My parents told me about their story," Sizhui said, "I am happy they were comfortable telling me. They went through a lot of hardships before they finally married."

"I am sure they did," Jin Ling said.

"Do you still blame him?" Sizhui asked.

"No, now that I know the truth, but I don't know if I ever apologized properly to him," Jin Ling said.

"He loves you, you know, and as his family, he hardly holds grudges," Sizhui told him.

Jin Ling nodded. He was going to say something but was soon distracted by an array he spotted in the ground, "what's this for?" He questioned.

"I don't know, maybe I should send a butterfly message to Baba and have him look at it?" Sizhui suggeste and sent a butterfly right away.

"Maybe that is a good idea, but why would an array be here?" Jin Ling asked, "what would it be for?"

"I don't know, I think we should steer clear of it until Baba checks it out," Sizhui said.

Jin Ling nodded as the two turned to leave the array when suddenly a man dressed in black, wearing a black mask, came running out and shoved the two boys on the array. With just a drop of the mystery man's blood, the array was activated and Jin Ling and Sizhui passed out.

The two woke up, which seemed to be in a new location, "A'Ru, are you okay?" Sizhui asked.

"Yeah, who was that? What did he just do?" Jin Ling asked and looked around, "are we near Cloud Recesses?"

"Let's go to see Uncle Xichen, maybe he can help us by reaching Baba and A'Die," Sizhui said. Jin Ling nodded and followed him up the path to the gate entrance. Sizhui showed his jade token and the two were allowed in, "Why does Cloud Recesses seem to look different? There are similar features I recognize but others are different?" Sizhui asked.

"I don't know, it has been a while since we have been back here," Jin Ling said.

"It's only been a couple months," Sizhui said, "some of these structures I do not recognize."

"Hmm, I don't know," Jin Ling said.

The two reached the orchid room and heard shouting, "Grand Uncle sounds angry," Sizhui said.

"Let's go," Jin Ling said. The two quickly entered only for Jin Ling to get hit in the head by a scroll being thrown, "who the hell?!" Jin Ling yelled.

"A'Ru, are you alright?" Sizhui asked.

"I'm fine," Jin Ling said.

Sizhui turned to Lan Qiren, "Grand Uncle Qiren, you shouldn't yell, you could harm your health, and it is forbidden," Sizhui said.

The entire room turned their attention to the two boys, "Excuse me?" Lan Qiren asked, "who are you calling Grand Uncle?"

"Grand Uncle Qiren, it is me Lan Sizhui," he said, "how could you forget your favorite great nephew?"

"Great nephew?" Lan Qiren asked.

Sizhui looked around the room and noticed his parents but they looked younger. Sizhui started to have some suspicions. The two entered and stood up front before Lan Qiren. Lan Xichen had just entered and was curious as to what was happening.

"Uncle Xichen, you remember me right?" Sizhui asked.

"I'm sorry but I haven't seen you before," Xichen said.

"I am your nephew, I have Gusu robes," Sizhui said.

"A'Yuan, did we time travel?" Jin Ling asked.

Sizhui looked around and spotted Wen Ning, he did not look like the ghost general, just a normal young cultivator. He then turned to Xichen, "Uncle Xichen, my husband and I were on a night hunt in Baifeng and ran into an array. We seemed to have been taken back in time," Sizhui explained, "as you do not have Jingyi with you. Do you know Jingyi?"

"I'm sorry but should I?" Xichen asked.

"I see you have Gusu attire," Lan Qiren said.

"Since we seemed to be back in time, let us introduce ourselves. My name is Lan Yuan, Courtesy name Lan Sizhui. This is my husband and the current sect leader of the Jin sect Jin Ling, courtesy name Jin Rulan."

"Sect Leader?" A man questioned.

Jin Ling turned around and saw a man in Jin sect robes. He saw the sword, then Jin Ling went to him and placed his sword beside it, "same sword?" He asked, "A'Die?"

"A'Die?" He questioned.

Jin Ling turned to his uncles. They looked at him, "Uncle Jiang, Uncle Wei," he said.

"Everybody but the Jiang's, Jin Zixuan, Wuxian, and Wangji can be dismissed," Lan Qiren said.

The class left, leaving the people who were meant to stay. Jin Ling then saw a woman in Jiang robes, "you are Jiang Yanli?" He asked.

"Yes," she said.

"A'Yuan, they are alive, my parents are alive," he said.

"Parents?" Jiang Cheng asked, "who?"

"My parents are Jin Zixuan of the Jin sect and Jiang Yanli of the Jiang Sect," Jin Ling explained.

"Shijie has a child and we didn't know about it? Peacock what gives?!" Wuxian asked.

"Baba, it is not like that, we are from the future," Sizhui said.

"Baba?" Wuxian asked, "You are my son?"

"Yes," Sizhui said.

"But you are also a Lan? I married into the Lan Sect?!" Wuxian asked loudly while gripping onto his head in shock.

"What!?" Lan Qiren asked loudly, "who is the Lan?"

"Ugh, Uncle Qiren, my parents are Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji," Sizhui replied.

"I married Lan Zhan?!" Wuxian yelled. Lan Wangji, who had been silent the entire time, was now frozen in shock. He couldn't believe his ears. He married Wei Wuxian.

"It is out of love, by the way," Sizhui told them. Lan Qiren fainted as the news was too shocking. Wen Ning and Wen Qing were called upon and Wen Qing looked at him. Wen Qing said he will be fine and just passed out from shock.