Chapter 9 ⚠️

⚠️Sensitive material in this chapter include, topics and descriptions of verbal and emotional abuse, death, blood, gore, and violence. Please read with caution⚠️
.
.
.
__________

Sizhui and Jin Ling told everyone that the next part of the story will be very hard to hear and that they all need to be prepared to listen properly. They demanded not to point fingers and blame anyone, not even themselves. Wei Wuxian was sitting awfully close to Wangji for comfort and he didn't mind anymore.

"After my parents were saved from Xuanwu's cave, A'Die left to go back to Gusu. Baba was still sick with a fever so he was sick for about three more days. When he woke, he was congratulated on his part for killing Xuanwu with A'Die but Grandma Yu wanted to cause a scene. She was saying that Grandpa Jiang always praised Baba for everything but never his actual son. She kept berating Baba and Uncle Jiang. Even though Baba just recovered from being sick, he went after Uncle Jiang because he was upset. He was the only person who can help calm Uncle Jiang down," Sizhui explained.

"I doubt it," Jin Ling mumbled.

"Seems like Jin Ling has some vendetta against Jiang Cheng," Wuxian said.

"Just because he threatened to break my legs all the time. He's so grumpy. It is no wonder he never married," Jin Ling said.

Wuxian couldn't help but laugh, "he didn't marry in the future?"

"He married his sect, not to anyone," Jin Ling said.

"Are you two done?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"For now," Jin Ling said.

"Several days later, Aunt Yanli and Grandpa Jiang were traveling to Lanling for a meeting. During that time, Wen Chao's mistress, Wang Lingjiao came as asked for Baba to be punished for humiliating Wen Chao. She provoked Grandma Yu and it worked...she ended up using Zidian on Baba, whipping him several times. Wang Lingjiao was not yet satisfied and asked for Baba's right hand as compensation. She then said Lotus Pier would make a great supervising office. Grandma Yu got angry and hit her.

Wen Zhuliu, or core melting hand, came to protect her and an ambush broke out at Lotus Pier. Grandma Yu dragged Uncle Jiang and Baba away and bound them with Zidian on a boat. She made Baba promise to protect Uncle Jiang even if it costed him his life...she even blamed Baba for the ambush...it wasn't his fault as the Wen Sect was already targeting many sects but they used Baba as an excuse to get inside."

Wei Wuxian was hidden behind Wangji. He felt like hiding. He felt ashamed. He hasn't been there yet but he could already feel the guilt and blame getting ready to be pointed at him.

"Uncle Jiang and Baba were found later by Grandpa Jiang and Aunt Yanli, but he just bound Auntie with them and went back for Grandma Yu. Uncle Jiang and Baba went back later and saw that everyone had died, Baba even saw Grandma and Grandpa's corpses," Sizhui explained.

"We failed so badly," Jiang Fengmian said.

"Failed?" Lijun questioned angrily, "I say so, but not your sect, your adopted son and your regular children. You let them deal with your wife's hatred and jealousy and it got you both killed. It was not Wei Wuxian's fault but it was yours. You dare say to him to protect your children? What about his life? Does his life not matter to any of you?"

"Fuqin...it's okay," Wei Wuxian said quietly, "it hasn't happened yet and I am no longer apart of their sect. If anything bad happens to Lotus Pier, they can blame no one but themselves."

"I would say so," Lijun said, "maybe if I am kind enough I will send out help but it depends on how Cloud Recesses fairs this time with her ambush. I think we should call it a day. It's a lot of information and it's painful. I have a feeling it will only get worse."

"Considering Baba made a big sacrifice for Uncle Jiang and he never told anyone about it, I would say so," Sizhui said.

"Sacrifice?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"I won't say anything about it just yet," Sizhui replied.

Wei Wuxian nodded. Lan Wangji pulled him out of the room and brought him back to the Jingshi. He could tell Wei Wuxian was bothered by what he heard. The moment they were alone, Wangji held onto him. He could feel Wuxian trembling in his arms.

"Is it really terrible for me to want to save them even though they treated me badly?" Wuxian asked.

Wangji sighed as they sat down at the table and Wuxian was as on his lap, "it shows you are the better person. I know they won't be all that grateful to you for helping them but if it's what you want, I will help you too," Wangji said.

"I will help you and Cloud Recesses first," Wuxian said as he took out some talismans, "first, I'd suggest strengthening your wards. I have some ideas to help but I need your people's permission first."

"Our people," Wangji corrected.

"What?" Wuxian asked looking at him.

"Didn't Fuqin tell you that you are now apart of the Lan Sect. As you are my fiancée," Wangji told him.

Wuxian blushed, "right..."

"Is Wei Ying blushing? Are you flustered?" Wangji teased.

"Since w-when do y-you tease?!" Wuxian stuttered as he was getting more flustered.

Wangji placed a kiss on Wuxian's jaw, "why, I can't tease Wei Ying like Wei Ying teases me?" He said in a flirtatious tone.

"Who are you?" Wuxian asked placing his hand on Wangji's forehead, "are you sick or possessed?"

"Why would Wangji be possessed?" Xichen asked as he entered the Jingshi with Lijun.

"He is flirting and teasing!" Wuxian said, "I was trying to talk about improving the wards here but then he started teasing me."

"Okay...maybe he is possessed," Xichen said playing along.

Lijun chuckled, "it's good to see my youngest son come out of his shell," he said and sat down at the table with Xichen, "what is this about our wards?"

"Well, I wanted to help out with protecting our home so I thought maybe the wards would be the first to improve. I have several ideas but I can let you decide what you want," Wuxian said.

Wangji smiled.

"What?" Wuxian asked as he saw the Lan's smile.

"You said our home," Wangji said.

"You just told me to accept Cloud Recesses as my home," Wuxian said.

"I did," Wangji said.

Lan Xichen was so happy to see Wangji like this. Only Wei Wuxian can make him this happy.