Chapter 34

Lan Wangji had tears in his eyes as he was relieved to see his brother, "Xiongzhang, I am glad I found you," Wangji said, "I made sure we were not followed."

Lan Xichen nodded and pulled him and Wuxian inside, "lay him down over there on the day bed," Xichen said.

Wangji nodded and laid Wuxian down. He then turned to Xichen, "Xiongzhang, I am guessing news hasn't traveled to you," Wangji said.

"No, Jingyi is out now gathering information, he is the least likely of being suspicious," Xichen said, "why what happened?"

"A lot has happened," Wangji said as more tears were finally starting to fall, "Fuqin is dead, Wen Xu is dead, Wen Zhuliu is dead, and Wen Ruohan is dead," Wangji was close to sobbing, "Xiongzhang."

"Oh Wangji," Lan Xichen pulled his brother into a hug, "I am here. We will get through this. Please tell me that Shufu is at least okay."

"He is alive, he was slightly injured but he is doing okay," Wangji said as he pulled out from the hug and gathered his breathing for a moment, "Su She gave up our secrets again...he shot an arrow that pierced our father's heart. Shufu killed Su She."

"Okay," Lan Xichen said trying to keep calm so he can comfort his Didi, "what happened to A'Xian?"

Lan Wangji gasped and turned to Wei Wuxian. He grabbed his wrist and immediately checked his vitals and Qi. Lan Wangji let out a sigh of relief when he found no signs of resentful energy left in Wei Wuxian's body, "At the indoctrination, Wen Ruohan summoned Wei Ying and Me. I think I was there only to be provoked but he spoke more to Wei Ying. Saying things like, he attempted to force himself on Wei Ying's mother, and how Wei Ying's Father stopped him. Wei Ying got angry and he started controlling resentment. The one piece of yin iron that was there fueled him and it was enough to kill Wen Ruohan and then destroy the Yin Iron.

I think after destroying it the resentful energy was gone but we were then attacked by a couple guards and Wen Zhuliu. Wei Ying was fighting him while I took care of the guards. I then killed Wen Zhuliu from behind. Wen Chao is the only one alive and I'm sure he will be looking for Wei Ying and me. We will not stay too long as we don't want to risk you being found."

"Wangji, I am not going to let you two go out on your own. The four of us will be fine. Plus no one really comes out here. We are safe here. We can place a ward around the area after Jingyi returns. For now you need to rest. Do you have fresh robes for you and A'Xian?" Xichen asked. Lan Wangji summoned fresh robes from his ring. He had some for Wei Wuxian as well, "where did you get that ring?"

Wangji smiled, "Wei Ying."

It was enough for Xichen to know it was an invention of Wei Wuxian's, "how is the rest of the sect?" Xichen asked.

"There was not many structural damage, and I think Fuqin was the only death...otherwise there was some minor injuries but that's it. Wei Ying did a lot of work," Wangji explained.

"Alright," Xichen said, "I will give you some privacy for a moment so you can change."

"Okay," Wangji nodded, "and thank you."

"Of course," Xichen said, "did you know I am learning to cook? Let's see if I can make you something."

Wangji grinned, "I will give your food a chance," he said.

"I appreciate it," Xichen said and left the two alone so they can change.

Before they changed, Xichen brought over a small tube of warm water to freshen themselves up. Wangji quickly took care of himself before taking care of Wei Wuxian. Wangji removed Wuxian's robes and wiped him down before putting fresh robes on him. Wangji then took care of the water and put their dirty robes in his ring for now and he can clean them later. Wangji then sat beside Wuxian to check his spiritual energy again. He seemed to be okay with his energy so he just overworked himself. The adrenaline itself was enough to cause Wuxian to suddenly crash once it wore off.

Wangji sighed as he finally felt like he had a moment to breathe properly, "Wangji?" Xichen called out softly.

Lan Wangji looked up at him, "hmm?"

"The food is ready if you are hungry," Xichen said. Wangji nodded and looked down at Wuxian. Lan Xichen moved to sit down across from Wangji, "did you still need a moment?"

Wangji looked up at Xichen, "he blamed himself for Fuqin," Wangji said.

"Huh?" Xichen questioned.

"Wei Ying found a reason to blame himself for Fuqin's death. He was nowhere near Fuqin. Wen Xu was charging towards Wei Ying and me but Shufu blocked him. Fuqin killed Wen Xu but was then killed by an arrow. At the indoctrination, Jiang Wanyin went too far and tried to pin it in Wei Ying too and Jiang Wanyin wasn't even there," Wangji explained.

Lan Xichen sighed, "You and I will have to work with him," Xichen said, "I am here for you and A'Xian. I do not blame him or you or Shufu. If you place blame on anyone, blame the Wens."

Wangji nodded, "I got scared when I saw Wei Ying using resentment. I will always love and support him but it was like he became a whole different person. It took me a moment to get him to come back to me," Wangji explained.

"Hopefully, it was just a one time thing but it is also something we can talk to him about. For now, he just exhausted himself so he will wake when he gets some rest. Why not come and eat and you can get some rest as well," Xichen offered. Wangji nodded and followed his brother to the table to eat, "I will have some set aside for A'Xian and Jingyi. Those heat talismans that A'Xian taught me are very handy."

"Wei Ying has been doing really well," Wangji said, "Shufu even started to praise him. He even told Wei Ying to return home safely."

"It seems that even the most strict of people can be swayed by A'Xian," Xichen said.

"I know that Wei Ying and Shufu have sat down and talked through some things. They seemed to have gotten closer since then," Wangji explained, "almost like they have an understanding of each other."

"As long as they are getting along," Xichen said. Wangji nodded in agreement. The two ate silently but they did occasionally strike up a conversation. Wangji was just relieved that his brother was okay and that Wei Ying was okay. He just had to wake up now.