Chapter 64

Since being back at Cloud Recesses, Wangji has noticed some changes in Wuxian. He has a suspicion that it has to do with his pregnancy. Wuxian was really good at keeping things to himself, but Wangji has been doing well at getting him to open up. They were leaving in a couple days for Lanling for Yanli's wedding but at the moment, Wangji was trying to figure out what was going on with his husband.

"Wei Ying, you look like you are about to cry, what is wrong?" Wangji asked concerned.

"I am trying not to be too pushy. I didn't realize that being pregnant comes with these weird symptoms," he said.

"Such as?" Wangji asked.

"I want meat," Wuxian said, "but you don't have that here."

"Then tell me, I can help you," Wangji said, "being pregnant means you can get away with more things than normal. I can also never deny you anything really. If you want, it's still early in the day, we can go to town. I will let Uncle and Brother know that you should have a nutritionist from the infirmary stock up for us. I can also cook. We can have stuff here and I can make stuff for you."

"Lan Zhan," Wuxian said pouting out his lip and some tears filled the corner of his eyes.

Wangji's heart softened and pulled him into a hug, "do you want to go to town?" He asked.

"No, I don't want to be seen by anyone right now," he said, "but I'm hungry."

Wangji smiled, "Will you be okay while I go get you something?"

"I don't want to be here alone," Wuxian said still pouting.

"I can have Xiongzhang be here with you," Wangji suggested.

"He's probably busy. I don't want to bother him," Wuxian said.

Wangji sighed, "we are back to this?" He asked.

Wuxian pulled out of the hug and folded his arms to his chest, "hmph!" He huffed, "I figured you wouldn't understand."

Wangji wrapped his arms around Wuxian from behind and placed a kiss on his neck, "You are so cute when you are being stubborn," he said, "and I do understand. You have always felt that you have to do things yourself because you do not want to be a burden. But you listen to me, you are NOT a burden. You are loved. So loved."

"Lan Zhan," Wuxian whined, "stop being sweet."

"No," Wangji said and placed another kiss on Wuxian's ear, and then his cheek, "I will always say these things to you. You deserve them and more, Love."

Wuxian turned around to face him and pulled him down to kiss him on the lips. Wuxian felt every sense of love that Wangji sent his way. No matter how much he wants to berate himself, Wangji will never let him do so. Wangji always sees the good in Wuxian and he sees his love and respect, his devotion and drive for a better world. Wangji wants that too and he will always be able to try and make that happen by his husband's side.

Wangji pulled back and held onto Wuxian by his face, "I love you, Wei Ying."

"I love you too, Lan Zhan," Wuxian replied.

"Will you let my brother sit with you or do you want to come with me to town?" Wangji asked.

"If he is busy, he doesn't have to come. I just don't want to go to town. If I am by myself for a little while then it's fine," Wuxian said.

Wangji placed a kiss on Wuxian's forehead, "I will talk with him...unless you want to come with me to see him and maybe you can help him with whatever he needs while I go get you some food."

"Even though I don't really want to leave the Jingshi today, I guess I can for a little while," Wuxian said.

"You do not have to do anything you don't want to," Wangji told him and stood up, "let me go speak with him, okay."

"Okay...please come back safely," Wuxian said.

"I will," Wangji said as he grabbed Bichen and left to speak with Xichen first before going to town. Wangji found Xichen at his residence, "Xiongzhang."

"Hello Wangji," Xichen greeted, "where is A'Xian?"

"He is a bit moody today," Wangji said, "he wanted some meat but it took him a little while to voice that out. He has gone back to his old ways of thinking."

"He is already craving?" Xichen asked.

"Possibly, but you know Wei Ying, he has always put up with our food and he doesn't necessarily like it. I am wanting to go to town to get some things so it's on hand for whenever he wants it," Wangji said.

"Alright, so what did you come here for?" Xichen asked, "I assume it isn't just to see me."

Wangji smiled, "I like to see you at least once or twice a day if I could," he said, "but Wei Ying didn't want to leave the Jingshi, so I asked him if he wanted to come over and hang out with you while I was out or you go spend time with him but he told me he doesn't want to bother you if you were busy."

"I can see what you mean by old ways of thinking," Xichen said, "thinking he might burden someone?"

Wangji nodded, "are you busy?" He asked.

"I am not, actually," Xichen said, "and I will be happy to go and spend time with him. Maybe I can get some sense into him before you come back."

"Try not to overdue it, he is very emotional right now," Wangji warned.

"I promise I will be careful with him, I would never do anything to make him uncomfortable, you know that," Xichen said, "now go, I will go to him."

"Thank you, Xiongzhang," Wangji said.

"Of course," Xichen said and watched Wangji leave for town. He then took care of his paperwork before leaving to see Wuxian.