Chapter 1 : HOLY SHITE!

Abhimanyu opened his eyes and found his loved ones standing beside his bed. His mother, father, uncle, aunt, cousin, brother, his in-laws. Even Doctor Rohan. But the person for whom his eyes were restless to see...

wasn't there.

‘I promise Abhi, when you'll gain consciousness after the surgery, I'll be the first person to meet you.’

Akshara's promise rang in his head. He looked at Bade Papa, the closest person to Akshara in Goenka family, and asked through eyes about his wife.

Bade Papa's gaze lowered and his heart sank. Something was a miss.

“ABHI!” - Manjiri gasped horrified as he sat up.

Now that he paid focus, he realized that every face held a solemn look. Like the surgery had failed and he had lost his hand. But he knew that wasn't the case. At least, he knew his family that much.

“Where's Akshu ?” - he asked to no one in particular, looking at everyone but they all avoided his eyes.

“Abhimanyu... we can talk about this later. You need to rest.” - Mahima said.

“I need Akshu Taiji! She promised she'll be here! I don't feel this!” - he said, his gut feeling alarming.

He took out the drips off his hand, ignoring everyone's shout and got off the bed.

‘Maybe, she's waiting for me in my cabin.’ - he thought, consoling himself and ran out of the room. Aiming for his cabin. He burst inside the room and found it empty. Except for a bouquet on his table holding a pink card.

His heart thudded loudly.

He didn't know why, he was scared to pick that card up and read. His feet too heavy to move. He forced himself forward, and with trembling hands, unfolded the card to read :

‘I have always put your happiness above my own. But maybe, we had met just to get separated. For the sake of our love, our paths are separate from today.

Forever.’

The note fell from his hands

The note fell from his hands. His body turning numb. He wouldn't have believed it was from her if not for her neat handwriting. And also for her... way of abandoning him.

What was new in it ?

He had always chosen her and she had always chosen to abandon him. No matter however painful it was but she still ended up doing that. Abandoned him and chose her sister. Over and over again. Tilak, fire incident, his mother's accident, Menhdi, and a million other times more. Her, leaving him didn't hurt him as much as the fact that how convenient it was for her. In every problem, her solution was just to leave him.

WHY ?

Why was only he the one who couldn't even imagine to stay away from her ? Why did even the thought of being separated from her scare him to wits ? Why couldn't he become her first priority as well ?